Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Trupti VermaYour feedback matters!
I have back pain from last 3 months it is very difficult for me to get wake up from the bed. Suggest me some remedies for the same.
55 days before I have an bike accident I didn't take proper treatment. In this accident my ankle fibula fracture and bone back side going. Recently I meet ortho doctor he said operation need. My age 35. I meet another doctor but he said not need surgery .55 days after surgery success?
Hi I am 32year old male I am suffering back pain and go to my leg also I can't walk and sit properly pls suggest me what I can.
My son's shoulder recently displaced by small accident. We went hospital now it's OK. But doctor said should be rest for 6 weeks. Give me some advice from u please.
I am 24 year old and I have right knee pain last a week. I have used balm but didn't get anything. What should I do?
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.
I have chondromalacia patella, 1 & half years bfr doc hv done arthroscopy, my leg twisted aftr 2 month ,worst pain started again, standing more than 5 min is painful, I can't walk properly nw, during walking m giving pressure on another leg, so another knee also paining nw, bcoz of continuous bed rest from 10 months lower back pain started, doing physio everyday for knee, bcoz of diet my wt is 55 height 5.2,still I hv prob to live normal life.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedist.