Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Trupthi KazeYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 years old girl. I had sexual intercourse 2 days ago. 30 sec without condom and after that with condom the whole tym. Then I also took a contraceptive pill. My bf did not ejaculate in me. Can I get pregnant? And alsoToday I got urinary tract infection.(blood in urine. Continuous urge of peeing. Burning sensation while peeing) what antibiotics should I take.
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
7th day of my period that is 20 april. We made out. Without protection, he didn't ejaculate inside me though. I don't basically have any symptoms now. But in case if I'm pregnant how many days after making will I know I'm pregnant? And till how many months is medical abortion applicable?
So your new year’s resolution is to eat healthier. Yayy! but let’s be real, changing your eating habits can be difficult. But never fear because we are determined to help you make this the year you stick to it! here are 10 easy ways to follow through with your healthy eating resolution while also having a lot of fun along the way.
#1. Choose a method of eating healthy that is enjoyable, sustainable, and works with your lifestyle.
I can’t stress this enough: the reason why so many diets fail is because they aren’t enjoyable or sustainable. When we try quick fixes like restricting, juice cleanses, or eating cabbage soup all day, we just end up feeling hungry, tired, and deprived, which leads us back to the unhealthy habits we were trying to overcome in the first place. So how do we avoid this trap? find a method of healthy eating that is sustainable and works for your lifestyle. For some people, this means following a framework like paleo or clean eating. For others, it might mean skipping the diet label all together and just eating real food. There is no such thing as a magical one-size-fits-all diet and different methods work for different people. Just make sure that whatever approach you take is one you will actually enjoy and be able to maintain over time.
#2. Identify why and rise up to the challenge.
As I mentioned, changing eating habits can be really hard. Get over the hurdle by identifying why you feel the need to change your eating habits. Is it to have more energy? clearer skin? more self-confidence? whatever your reason may be, write it down and refer back to it when you feel like giving up. Accept the fact that yes, this is going to be a challenge. Commit to it wholeheartedly and remind yourself you are worth it.
#3. Educate yourself.
When we understand the way food impacts every aspect of our lives, it becomes a lot easier to make healthy choices. Check out books like grain brain and salt sugar fat.
#4. Meal plan.
As the old saying goes, “when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” meal planning is a great way to set yourself up for success. Set aside an hour or two of time every week to plan your meals, grocery shop, and do some basic food prep. When you invest time and money into this plan, you are much more likely to be successful and stick to it!
#5. Make enough at dinner so you have leftovers for lunch.
This one goes hand-in-hand with meal planning. When mapping out dinners for the week, plan to make recipes that will create leftovers for lunch the next day. This will save you time in the kitchen and help you stay on track the next day too!
#6. Get rid of the junk.
Make your environment work for you, not against you. This means getting rid of all the junk food in your house that will only tempt you and derail your good intentions. See no junk, eat no junk!
#7. Find healthy food you actually love.
Eating healthy does not mean eating salad all day. It should and can be delicious! focus on healthy foods that you actually enjoy. Some of my favorites are avocado toast with a poached egg, brown rice tortilla pizzas, and chocolate banana ice cream.
#8. Discover healthy restaurant options.
Many eateries are starting to focus on healthy options. Hallelujah! if you love the experience of dining out, explore healthy options in your neighborhood like vegan or farm-to-table restaurants.
#9. Try batch cooking.
Part of staying on track is planning ahead for those days you know you will be ridiculously busy with no time to cook. Make up a specific food like chicken breasts or a recipe like soup at the start of the week and then divide it into portions so you have meals ready to grab-and-go when life gets busy.
#10. Get friends and family on board.
Eating healthy becomes a lot easier when you have the support of friends and family, so invite them to join you on this journey. Create a recipe share, have a crock pot party, take turns making meals for each other, and have weekly check-ins to hold each other accountable.
I got married last year, last 15 days we did not sex. But when yesterday we had sex I felt too much pain we stop after 1 min because of pain. When I go to washroom after sex then I felt burning sensation while passing urine. Today night we again try but again I fell too much pain. But the pain is vanish after 1-2 hour of intercourse.
How many times doing sex healthy in a month and what precautions should we follow for being pregnant?
My girl friend have irregular periods n vagina itching n pain too what is the reason can you suggest some solution.
Are 4 tables misoprostol enough along with mefiprostine for abortion or we still require 2 more misoprostol for abortion after 4 hours of 1st dose of misoprostol.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.