Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Trinette CordeiroYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 20 years old women. Day after tomorrow my final examination. I am notable to cover all topics. Infact I am not able to remember what I have read. Please give me some advice to overcome this.
I am 33 years old, I am feeling some mental distrubence from last one month. When I think somthing normal also I am in goosebumps. I am married I have one daughter (7 years) one son (1.5 years) example: I think the moment when my son born then I am in goosebumps, I think I am working in corporate sector as senier executive then I am in goosebumps. I have gain 10 kg wait in last one year but I had took heavy diet and exersize. My hight is 9' 10' weight 72kg. Last month I had got an accident and my right elbow had fractured. Kindly suggent is it thyorid or psychological disorders.
I can't concentrate properly on my books. I usually think a lot, bt can't read regularly, meanwhile I start thinking, pls help me out.
Pls tell me what are the techniques to reduce stammering in speech therapy? I want to remove stammering.
I am a 23-year old boy. I have been very stressed and suffering from anxiety for the past 6 months. I had severe dandruff, which I am now relieved from. My question is that I have been losing my hair very quickly. What can I do about this?
Good morning doctor ,i am 24, i completed my graduation but i m not doing any job. I m going to study in abroad for msaters but i wasted 4 yrs of my valuable time without doing anything. I m feeling very depressed for what i m. I m having lot of problems at my home and with my girl. I m fully depressed for the on going problems. How can i overcome that ?
Can a patient who was diagnosed schizophrenia & is under treatment of Oleanz RT20 (01 tab/day) can recover fully? Although things have improved a lot than of the past, but still looks to be dull or you can say ; doesn't appears to be normalized as was in his childhood i.e. Very talkative, naughty, intelligent, witty & affectionate. Now, avoids crowd, relatives, doesn't talk over phone, becomes plane faced (w/o any reactions) if counters any strangers, tries to avoid even the near & dear ones. Pl.help us as we want to see him a successful person in life & to feel him like he had been in the past.
I feel very anxious mostly. When I thought something it remains whole day. Also I fear of what will happen to me. Mostly the times remain bored. It's happen from one time I have chest pain I have done various test regarding to that which are normal. When it pains I feel very fear of that. I can't concentrate on my study and I am afraid to enjoy the moments. Please give me the proper solution for that and also proper knowledge to manage it.
Sir my husband affair had happen two years before wen I am with him. I am not able to accept it. I have two daughters. He showed more love to me without him I abig zero. He says I din have any affair. My question is here after will my husband be true to me its enough. Bcos I love him a lot in this world.
I cannot concentrate in anything. There is something inside making irritable. I cannot pay attention to my study also. I smoke sometimes and beer as well. Is smoke and beer are the reason for that Can you help me in this matter.
My mother is type 2 diabetic and asthma and mentally disturbed means she has doubts about his her husband and his son (ie. About me) and also daughter-in-law etc who are they sex with others without relation and age also, she is thinking that she is only good all are bad. Now she is taking human mixtard 40 insulin 20 ml morning and night 15 ml for doctor suggestion. While she is using homeopathy medicine to control diabetic and mental stress by homeo doctor.(what medicine I don? t know) what it may be I want good solution to control all problems sir. Respected sir, her age may be 63 years my mother diabetic reports on 08/04/2015 which are pbs -126 mg/dl pibs-306 mg/dl bp-120/70 hba1c -12.0%(your mean blood glucose is 345 mg/dl) medicine humanmixtard 40iu and glucomet-500 mg afternoon, supporting medicine is homeopathy, glycomect500 which is not using regularly and she is also take medicine irregurly.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
Hii. I have fatty chest, like man boobs from 2 year I am very mentally disturb from its please tell how I reduce it.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.