Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Tony JohnYour feedback matters!
Since long time 3-4 year I cannot open my mouth widely not more than two finger and my jaw is also blocking not opening widely ,is there any cure?
See your dentist every six months. Your teeth may not look dirty from the outside, but bacteria and plaque lurks in places you cannot see in the mirror.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do ?
I am writing it to you because I am suffering a severe pain in my teeth. From the past 2 weeks I am not able to speak and eat properly. There is a lot of pain on the extreme right corner of my lower jaw. I'll be really greatfull to you if you can provide me with your valuable suggestions and can help me overcome this pain. Thank you!
I am 20 yrs old. It has been 2 days since my mouth is upset. A sense of dryness and dehydrated feeling haunts me! and today morning when I woke up I found that the edges of my lips where swollen and not even able to open my mouth properly which is still dry. Why is it so? please suggest an effective remedy soon!
Hi doctor. One year back i have clip on my teeth.Its removed one year back.Now my teeth have little bit gaps n my teeth is little bit loose.Tel me any advice to solve this problem .
I have a decayed tooth. What is the treatment for it without removing the teeth? Is applying cavity useful?
Small sized inflamation in the upper jaw for the last 3 months.Gum is slightly swollen and painful.Also when I eat anything there is pain in the upper palate.My age is 77yrs.
A smile is said to be your best accessory. For a beautiful smile, it is important not only for your teeth to be pearly white, but they should also be well aligned. Just like a toothbrush and teeth whiteners, which can make your teeth sparkle, braces can align them efficiently.
If you're thinking of getting braces, here are six things you should know:
1. There is no age limit to braces: Braces are usually linked to the awkward teenage years, but there really is no age limit to straighten your teeth. It is no longer uncommon for adults to opt for orthodontic treatment to straighten their smiles. All you need to ensure is that your gums and teeth and are healthy. Even a senior citizen can wear braces!
2. Types of Braces: Traditional Metal Braces are made of the stainless steel brackets and wires that inspired the term, 'metal mouth' years ago. Fortunately, today's metal braces are noticeably smaller. And new heat-activated archwires move your teeth more quickly and less painfully as they respond to your body's heat.
- Ceramic Braces mock metal braces in shape and size, but they use tooth colored or clear ceramic brackets that blend more naturally into your teeth.
- Lingual Braces use the same metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are installed on the inside of your teeth to keep them hidden.
- Invisalign consists of a series of customized, clear BPA free plastic tray aligners that are removable and typically replaced every 2 weeks to keep your teeth moving in the desired direction.
3. Certain oral health conditions can prevent you from getting braces: Healthy teeth and gums are a prerequisite for braces at any age. In some cases, patients with exceedingly receded gums may not be eligible for braces. Another oral condition, which is commonly seen with people who cannot get braces, is the teeth with shallow roots.
4. You may feel a little discomfort: It does take a while to get used to wearing braces. The first week is usually the most uncomfortable or sometimes, there is no discomfort. If feeling discomfort, your mouth and teeth may feel sore and tender. A salt water gargle can help relieve this discomfort. Feeling your teeth get a little loose as the braces begin to work is normal. This is because, in order for the braces to straighten your teeth, they must first dislodge them from their current position and angle. As your teeth are repositioned, this looseness will disappear.
5. You will probably need to wear a retainer: Getting braces means signing up for a long term treatment. Even after the braces are removed and your teeth have been repositioned, you will probably need to wear a retainer for some time. This is to ensure that your teeth do not return to their original positions.
6. Be prepared to put more time into your teeth cleaning routine: Wearing braces means you can not neglect brushing and flossing. Teeth can become permanently stained if food and beverage debris is not cleaned away from all the nooks and crannies formed by your braces.
The sooner you treat your teeth, the faster you will be able to flash that million dollar smile.
Peg laterals, mandibular anterior crowding,and deep bite,lower right premolar rotated. Suggest me best treatment plan. How much time it take?
My teeth are very paining from last two month. I think it is cavity effect. What is your suggestion?
I have a dental problem. Its recurring from last so many years. I always keep cleaning and every quarterly visit dentist for cleaning.
Well, oil pulling is an ancient remedy that uses oils, such as coconut oil to clean and detoxify your mouth of germs and bacteria. It is one of the simplest technique, which you can do without a hassle.
To do oil pulling, all you have to do is take one spoon of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10-20 minutes every day and swish it inside the mouth. Swishing it will help remove the germs and all those small pieces of food that gets lodged away inside the teeth. Timing is the key here. Because you have to ensure that it is long enough to break through the plaque and bacteria and absorb toxins, but not so long that it reabsorbs toxins!
Spit it out in a trash can, as coconut oil can solidify in the drains! Rinse well with warm or normal water.
Once that?s done, it is recommended that you brush your teeth thoroughly. You will notice that your teeth will become smoother and shinier. Slowly and steadily, they will become whiter as well.
And don't worry! Unlike other practices, this remedy isn't based on pseudo-science. In fact, researchers suggest that it is actually beneficial and helps in problems such as gingivitis, plaque, microorganisms and reduce problems like bad-breath or gum issues.
While it is incredibly beneficial, it is recommended that oil pulling shouldn't be used as a substitute for regular dental cleaning. So, make sure that you are always brushing your teeth on a regular basis to keep your mouth cleaner, fresher and healthier than ever!
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.