Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Tina ChhatparYour feedback matters!
Malocclusion refers to the general arrangement of teeth and the manner in which the lower and upper sets of teeth fit. In optimal conditions, the upper set of teeth should fit slightly over the lower set of teeth. Malocclusion is a condition wherein the teeth are improperly aligned. Often, malocclusion tends to be a hereditary condition. The symptoms that indicate the occurrence of malocclusion include:
Abnormal teeth alignment.
Irregular facial appearance.
Discomfort or difficulty during chewing or biting.
Mouth breathing (breathing using the mouth instead of the nose).
Malocclusion and Oral Health-
Malocclusion, also known as bad bite, is capable of affecting your overall oral health. This is because crowded and crooked teeth tend to hinder the proper cleaning of the mouth. This leads to tooth decay, gum diseases and even tooth loss.
Malocclusion has a negative impact on the maintenance of oral health. Studies showed individuals without malocclusion were able to maintain a better oral hygiene in comparison to those with the condition.
The improper alignment of teeth makes it rather difficult for the brush to reach in certain parts of the teeth thereby failing to remove bacteria and germs from particular areas for an extended period of time. This results in bad breath.
It also makes flossing difficult and it creates hindrance in the way of maintaining proper oral hygiene.
The improper adjustment of teeth leads to gum decay owing to the faulty cleaning. It promotes the growth of harmful bacteria that leads to weakening of tooth and gums.
- Owing to the misalignment of teeth, chewing becomes difficult. This often goes to hamper and mar the way one speaks as well. Malocclusion also results in wearing off of the tooth enamel. This the teeth to appear yellow due to the inability of the brush to reach every place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
I got punched on my left lower jaw .There was no swelling but i am experiencing intense pain and not able to chew or open my mouth when try to open my mouth it pains like hell .Do you think my jaw is fractured ?
White and yellow patches over tongue. Blisters over my tongue. They remain permanently. Digestion is proper. They increase whenever I eat banana or any spicy food. I hav a fear of oral cancer. What it is I do not know. They pain a lot. And it starts about 2 or 3 years before. I hav taken many medicines like bcosule etc and many thing for digestions but now think that it is not related to digestion.
Have you recently got an extraction of your teeth from a dentist . What precautions do you need to take so that your wound heals uneventfully and you get back to your daily routine ASAP.
Here are a few tips to follow;-
1. There would be a cotton swab the dentist would have placed at the extracted site. Remove it after 30 mins.
2. Have everything cold and soft to eat. Its not everydy a dentist allows you to have ice-creams!!!
3. Apply ice pack externally if you want to avoid swelling.
4. Take your medicines as instructed by the doctor on time.
5. Do not spit for about 24 hours(STRICTLY) to avoid any bleeding from the extraction site.
6. Avoid smoking or alcohol on that day
7. After 24 hours, you can gargle with lukewarm saline water for better healing...