Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Thomos KoshyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a diabetic patient. And my age is 27. My blood glucose is un fasting 75 and pp 110. I want to known which type of food to ear and I known to in diabetic kinda and heart are also effect when in control.
Sometimes my hand becomes double in size and that time I feel pain in my hand. I visit a doctor and he told me that when you eat oily, fast food and pulses your uric acid has increase. So tell me a way to completely solve this problem.
Sir I have thyroid last 5 to 6 years pls suggest me what is important methods to come out of these huge problem sir I always go to walking but there is no reduce in weights pls help me.
My mom is 62 years old diabetic, taking insulin also for the past 4 months because eyes specialist Dr. Advised her to cure her glaucoma in both eye but still sugar is not normal.
My age is 23years. recently I have pain in my throat and unwanted hair problem for past 5years. So, I gone for check up and in reports it is showing as SERUM TSH is 8.83 (0.30-5.5) and doctor suggested for me to use TAB-LETHYROX 25. And suggested me to use for 6months can that thyroid can be cured.
I am aged 62. I have sugar problem for the past 5 years. Now I am taking Tab. GLIMESTAR (M1) (Glimepiride Hydrochloride (SR) Dose 1 time before lunch. F 180 PP 220. This level is constant for the past 1 year. Kindly suggest me a latest tablet.
I am 29 years old male, I was in touch with a general physician for little pain in left side of stomach which after ultrasound came out as mild enlarged spleen and fatty liver then my doctor diagnosed me with ursokem (150, liv.52 DS and Rablet (20) for a month and told me to come back after a month after using above said diagnosis with blood test check of sgpt, sgot,lipid profile check and t3, t4 and tsh and also blood sugar. So I did what he said and after that above check my tsh is 40.165 (H), so he now diagnosed me with thyroid medicine of thyroxine sodium tablets IP (thyrox-100) and lipiGo 5 for next 3 months and do the above test again.
I am 35 years old and I am suffering from diabetes from 7 years and now I am taking insulin and I have uric acid. My problem is I masturbate two times daily and now I am facing erection problem and I am not married how to get rid of masturbation.
My father is of 50 yrs. He had an heart attack 15 years ago n last years he got diabetic also. Now his sugar is bit more. What should be their daily diet? Pls suggest.
What the effect of increase in uric acid (7.6mg%), shot (ast) 56 iu/L, shot (alt) 116 Iu/L What problem happen due to this please tell me in details.
I am 42 years diabetic. My Dr. Asked me not to touch banana I am 100 kg look very odd I do not socialize do not go out to people. please plz help me.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.