Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thakurdesai Asmita AvinashYour feedback matters!
My friend getting a big problem during there periods time. Like first of all. She get start there periods after 2 months than they get a home treatment for there periods circulation. They start again continuous for 4-5 months but now again she get her periods back with in 20 days and blood is continously flow from. And getting very week now days gave the solution for it.
Hello Doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My Dr. Suggested me to do nifty test. What is this suggest and its benefit.
I have PCOD problem and sometime my periods delay for 15 days and some time delay for 1 month what can I do.
Today is my wife 33 day, she is having little stomach pain. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or its like a periods pain.
Dear doctor, I've been married for 1 year and 9 months and I've been facing a condition of spotting after a week of completion of my menstrual cycle. I consulted a gynac and was prescribed Yasmin contraceptive pills for 3 months. However, the problem continued after completion of the 3 months and I was advised to extend for another 3 months. However, this problem continues. The sonography reports have been normal since then. I would request your guidance in curing this problem. You would understand the stress and hormone imbalance in my body.
Good morning sir I am 22 years old Whole day I sit behind my mother because she is bed ridden Some work I do But I am getting pain After eating lunch and dinner While drinking water What's the problem can I know.
I had an abortion during 10th week as baby had no growth after 6th week. Later on doc tested and said I had an rubella. Is there any treatment to cure it for my next pregnancy.
I am 20 years old and I have done cesarean last 24 days back. what kind food I have to take? Please help me.
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
She is having her period on 18 to 23. She had anal sex on 10 Jan. As her period was supposed to come on 18 jan but it came late on 23 Jan. Lot of blood came out. She is feeling tired. She is worried as she knows that periods can came in pregnancy to. What to do now. Is she pregnant?
I am worried that I may b pregnant. I took medron for 5 days to get my periods back I also have pcos .bt I had sex with my bf using condom then the next day I bleed .its my periods or pregnancy? please help .thank you doctor.
White sticky vaginal discharge and burning sensation. What can I do? Too shy to go and get it checked by a doctor! Should I try the home remedies? Would garlic and yogurt (curd) work?
Infertility is a condition wherein a woman does not get pregnant in spite of having unprotected intercourse over a period of a year or even more. An abnormal menstrual cycle that is either too short or too long, irregular or even scanty can be an indication of a lack of ovulation, which in turn, is another factor behind female infertility.
Ovulation disorders are characterized by either a lack of ovulation or irregular and infrequent ovulation. These are a major cause of infertility. This may be due to defects in the regulation of the reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus (brain center responsible for producing some of the most essential hormones required by the body). Malfunctioning of the ovary is another cause in itself. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, premature failure of the ovaries (a condition wherein a woman’s ovaries fail to function properly even before she is 40 years old), hypothalamic dysfunction (a dysfunction of the hypothalamus) and excessive production of prolactin (a hormone that stimulates milk production among women after childbirth) by the pituitary gland are some of the factors responsible for the occurrence of such a disorder.
Damaged fallopian tubes do not allow the sperms to fuse properly with the egg. They might also prevent the fertilized egg from entering into the uterus. This condition may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (a group of infections of the reproductive organs in women), an infection in the fallopian tubes or the uterus caused due to various Sexually Transmitted Diseases, any abdominal surgery or surgery of the pelvic region and pelvic tuberculosis.
Endometriosis, wherein the tissue that usually grows in the uterus, starts growing outside it, is another factor responsible for infertility.
Several cervical or uterine disorders, such as tumors, inflammation within the uterus, uterine abnormalities, a cervical narrowing or the inability of the cervix to produce mucous for the sperm to travel to the uterus, are likely to impact fertility by obstructing implantation or enhancing the chances of miscarriage.
Fertility drugs can be used to regulate and induce ovulation. But they carry with them certain risks and therefore you should consult your physician prior to consumption. Few examples of these drugs are Clomiphene Citrate, Gonadotropins, Metformin, Letrozole and Bromocriptine.
Surgical procedures can be recommended to correct reproductive abnormalities and restore fertility. A laparoscopic surgery or a tubal ligation reversal surgery (a surgery that unites one’s fallopian tubes again in order to enable the woman to have a baby) can be advised by the doctor.
- Reproductive assistance by Intrauterine insemination (a process that involves putting sperms inside a woman’s uterus in order to help her conceive) and Assisted reproductive technology (consisting of IVF and surrogacy).
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
I am 18 year old and a guy forcefully tried inserting penis in vagina but it was not going inside it. Only 1/4th part of it was inside but he ejaculated near vaginal opening but not at all inside it! Can this make me pregnant? -> this was my Q and one of doctor's told me to have unwanted pills within 48 hrs. So I took I pill after 6-7 hrs of unprotected sex! Will this save me from getting pregnant? It's making me worry more and more. Please do reply!
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.