Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThakurYour feedback matters!
Hi, My 7 year old girl is so attached to us that she sleeps right in the middle of us and always puts us to sleep before she does. No matter what she doesn't want to sleep separately. And you know what. Also is this the right time to talk to her about sex and how much info should be given to her, considering some info could make kids curious and try to know more by experimenting and exploring that is way too unsafe. Please advise. Regards.
My son of 50 days old is not getting sufficient Breast milk from his mother. Is there any medicine to increase Breast milk for my child or any other powder food can take. Mother is 26 year old.
How to cure fungal infection on genital area? I am suffering from fungal infection with skin rashes and itching on genital area.
My newly born child is 5 days old. The result of his Thyroid Profile is under: T3- 3.19, T4- 238.34 & TSH-6.01. All the value is above under biological reference interval. His mother is a patient of hypo-thyroid and she is being taken thyroid medicine of the dose of 200 for five days and 150 for weekend. Her thyroid value is control. What will be serious problem for newly born child for these result of thyroid profile. Please suggest.
Hi I am 24 years I am feeding milk to my child from the next day of delivery ,after 2 months the milk is not coming what shall I do.
My baby daughter is 4 months old. She is underweight. What all can I give her to feed other than mothers milk? Like orange juice grapes juice? Please help.
Hello sir/ ma'am can I give ghee to my 9 months old daughter. If yes how much quantity give her. And is it harmful?
My baby is 17 months old and had viral from past 10 days now its 3 days she feeling better nd no fever bt she is very uncomfortable nw pre viral she waz very active bt now she has no energy to do such activities. I am giving 1 boiled egg daily bt she is taking only white part of it nd curd I am giving. Rest she is on breastfeeding. She doesn't take anything. Plain water she is taking. She refuses to take juices or electral or any flavour drink. Please advise what to do fr bringing her energy back and also advice some good food options.
My baby is of 28 day I feed her with similac advance baby milk powder. Initially at her birth doctor advised me to feed her 30 mL after two hours and now she is not getting satisfied by 30 mL .What should be her dose now for milk. And she even not take mother's milk as whenever she is tried to feed with baby milk she starts crying. What should we do?
What should I give as a food to my 8 month old son? And what shall I use in his body for this summer. He can't tolerate this summer. He likes to leave in cool temperature.
My baby is just 1 year 2 month old and she is having a problem of not going motion freely she is doing motion once in two days that too with lots of difficulty sometimes blood too coming with motion she is facing this problem from past 3 months we consulted our nearby pediatrics but no use please kindly guide us some immediate and emergency medicine and guide us where and when and whom we have to go. We are from Chennai.
My daughter is 13 years old, she often suffer from sneezing, specially during early morning or at night. She continues to sneeze. Please advice some home remedy. As she takes citzin or avil medicine.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.