Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tejas R. PatelYour feedback matters!
Please suggest safe abortion pills Still am feeding to my 9 months baby so I don't want right now now 42 days.
After pregnancy how to get a slim body, Before pregnancy my wife's weight was 55 kg and after pregnancy my wife's weight is 70 kg, so give me some solutions to get slim?
I am having my periods for only 2 days from past 8-9months. Is it normal or I need to consultant a doctor
My female friend have irregular period times and she suffers from irritation at private parts time to time, where also some times a pimple occurs. And moreover she often had secretion of fluid from vagina more than usual. Due to these problems she had body ache & got tired very often and not able to do much physical activities please give suggestion to identify and cure these problems.
I am not getting my period on monthly. I am getting after 5or 6 month and again is stopped. And later again I get 4or 3 month. That also very little. Oly 2or 3 day I get y?
I'm having pcos my menstrual cycle is just only for 2-3 days, menses are regular but I'm afraid if I'm gonna have early menopause? My reports are in the documents plss help.
My friend had an unprotected sex with her partner 2 or 3 days before and her periods date is usually during end of the month mostly 28th she hasn't received her periods yet is it any issue? Wht she can do ?is there any chances of pregnancy?
I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
I am 30 years old I had a misscarrige in 2013 april till today I did not conceive I visit to a doctor in january 15 for cause she says that I have pcos and a surgury please tell me can it bacome mother without surgury.
Doctor, She is suffering from knots on her overy. She had taken a lot of treatment. All the doctors gives medicine. But she is not feeling better. The pain remains unbearable. Will the operation be good. She is married and has no baby. Please suggest me treatment and expenses.
My age is 29 years and my wife age is 27 yrs. But she is losing her sexual attraction as she always complains that she is tired. Due to this I am frustrated. Suggest on this.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.