Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Tejas PurandareYour feedback matters!
Pain in the joint is an eventuality that only few can escape. It is an ailment that comes with age and promises to stay despite continued attempts at eradicating it. Being a problem that many are battling, it has provoked attempts at treating it. Various disciplines of medicines have tried in their own ways in dealing with this problem, but Ayurveda with its strict reliance on natural products and aversion to chemicals has been most preferred.
The various ways by which Ayurveda treats joint pains are:
- Massage: Ayurveda focuses on massages as a remedial measure. Using few herbal oils and using them to massage regularly on the affected joints has been an accepted remedy for joint pains. A massage promotes blood circulation and creates a calming effect.
- Hot and cold compresses: The effectiveness of this form of treatment has remained prevalent through generations. Extremely convenient and easy to use, you can use hot and cold compresses alternatively to ease the pain.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds have a long standing reputation of relieving you of pain. Boasting of antioxidant properties and the ability to reduce swelling, they must be finely grounded and swallowed with lukewarm water to enjoy best results.
- Turmeric: In the hierarchy of Ayurvedic medications, turmeric probably ranks the highest. It is packed with multiple benefits. Not only does it take care of the skin, it also helps in reducing joint pains. The most common way of having it is by mixing turmeric in a glass of warm milk and honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar reduces joint pains by effectively eliminating the accumulated toxins. It is rich in magnesium and phosphorus and owing to its alkalizing effect, it has the ability to cure rheumatism.
Hi. I am 23 year female. I had a laparoscopic surgery for the removal of a paraovarian cyst. The surgeon only removed the cyst. The cyst was sent for histopathology. I am very scared. Please tell me what is histopathology and it's use? Can the cyst will be malignant. Please help.
I have painful menstruation. Pain starts before 7 days of my periods and last till second day. Please help me.
I have a 6 month baby girl .Yet to start menstrual cycle ,We had sex without protection. And we don't want baby for 3 year. Give me advice. Can I give unwanted 72?
Hi Dr. I am 6 weeks pregnant lady. Yesterday I took scanning doctor said baby position is up side .and since yesterday morning I got spotting and abnormal pain .Dr saying dat baby have regular heart beat so they suggested me tablet for bleeding. But dey have told me to take 1 week tablet if bleeding is heavy abortion may occur and there s less chance. Wat shall I do now. I am worried.
I have little dark blood clots with the bleeding during menstrual cycle. Is it a major problem for conceiving?
If there is breast cancer lump you have in your breast can this affects your all body if it's not increased in size?
1. Eggs are considered a great option to increase sperm count, as well as improve their motility. High in vitamin e and full of protein, eating eggs protect sperm cells from the free radicals that can decrease your count. These nutrients assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm, which is important to fertility.
2. Spinach folic acid is vital to the development of healthy sperm. Spinach and other types of leafy green vegetables are a rich source of this vitamin. When your folate levels are low, there is a greater chance you will produce malformed sperm. This will lead to sperm that will have a hard time reaching the egg and penetrating its protective barrier. Also, there is a greater chance of birth defects because of the faulty sperms chromosomal abnormalities.
3. Bananas are full of vitamin a, b1 and c, which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase your sperm productivity. This tropical fruit also contains a rare enzyme called bromelain. This is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme which also boosts sperm count and motility.
4. Dark chocolate dark chocolate is often associated with lust filled rendezvous. Strawberries dipped in chocolate next to a glass of champagne on a bedside table greet many a guest during their honeymoon. What you probably didn't know is dark chocolate is great for your sperm count as well. It contains an amino acid called l-arginine hcl known to increase semen volume and sperm count. It has also been rumored to increase orgasm intensity.
5. Asparagus another food to increase sperm count is the green vegetable called asparagus. Super high in vitamin c, it has a wide range of positive effects on your sperm. It protects the cells of your testicles and fights free radicals, allowing for greater sperm production of healthy swimmers.
6. Broccoli besides asparagus, another green vegetable full of folic acid is broccoli. Folic acid, also known as vitamin b9, is already known to help women conceive and is now becoming more recognized as important in male fertility. In one study, men taking a daily dose increased their sperm count by as much as 70%.
7. Pomegranatesthis delicious fruit is known as a powerful food to increase sperm count and improve semen quality. It is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the blood stream. Unchecked, they can destroy semen and significantly decrease your sperm count. The juice of pomegranates has been recorded throughout history as being used as a fertility booster.
8. Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids that help boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testicles. It is also full of arginine, known to increase semen volume. It contains twice as much antioxidants than another nuts, helping you fight toxins in your blood stream
9. Garlic is known around the world as a food good for boosting immunity. Among its many properties are vitamin b6 and selenium, both of which play roles in healthy sperm production. Taken by many for its blood cleansing abilities, garlic prevents buildup in arteries and allows for better blood flow to your testicles.
10. Zinc rich foods rich in zinc include barley, red meat, beans, etc. Zinc plays a vital role in sperm development. The mineral is found in high concentrations in testicles during the production of healthy, strong semen. So important is zinc, deficiencies of the mineral has been blamed for low sperm motility. It is important to note you can have too much zinc so it is imperative to regulate your intake to about 15 mg per day.
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
Hi doctor I had sex with my wife during her menstrual period on 3rd day. She had some bleeding without pain. May I know what happens if I have sex during woman's period. Is there is any problem.
Hi, I have thyroid problem, my Tsh level is higher. and also I miss my periods because of thyroid. I want to ask is it very serious problem during in pregnancy. Now I am not pregnant. I just want to know that is baby is fine if we take treatment for thyroid? Please give suggestions. Or is this disease is for lifetime?
I had sex with my gf. On 9th feb. She taken unwanted 72 with in 1 hrs. Her period date was 20 feb. But she told me as she was feeling terrible pain in her stomach . And she got her period on 20 feb only for 2 days. And pain was terrible so she consulted for doctor and doctor suggested for ultrasound and she go through for test and there was stone in her stomach. So she taking treatment. But now it is 21 march but she has not got period till now. On pressing liquid is coming out from her breast, is it because of treatment of stone or she is pregnant or other thing please answer.
Hello Doctor, Meri problem ye hai ki mujhe periods regularly ni aa rhe. Starting me to period cycle 6-7days ka hota tha but ab 3-4 days ka ho gya hai. And bleeding bhi kam hoti hai. After marriage mujhe jab periods aaye to bleeding 11 days tak hui. Doctor se consult kiya to unhone btaya ki rasoli ki starting hai and Ovaryl tablets di hai mujhe. Mera question ye hai ki is problem ki vjah se preganancy me koi problem aa skti hai ya nhi.
What is the reason for the irregular periods. And is there anything to worry if I get an irregular period?
Remedy #2: Raspberry leaf or jasmine flavored green tea work wonders in calming the body and mind.
Remedy #3: Include a glass of milk in your breakfast. Calcium is a good cure for cramps. If you are not such a ‘milk’ person or are lactose intolerant about 600mg (2-4 tablets) of calcium chewables should do the trick.
Remedy #4: Have generous helpings of papaya during and before your periods. Papaya contains ‘papain’ an enzyme that helps to regulate and helps to ease the flow during menstruation.
Remedy #5: Carrots are not only good for your eyes; they also assist in regulating menstruation. A tall glass of carrot juice can go a long way in making you feel much better.
Remedy #6: Aloe vera juice with honey is also well known to ease the flow and reducing the pain.
Remedy#7: Avoid red meat and caffeine. They have properties that exacerbate the pain.
Remedy #8: Have a hot shower. Concentrate the flow of water on your back and abdomen. A hot water bag also helps to relieve discomfort.
Remedy #9: Applying lavender oil around your stomach is known to help relieving cramps in just 10 to 15 mins.
Remedy #10: Just remember to be kind to yourself – relax, read a book, listen to some soft music or chat up with friends. If you feel happy and rejuvenated, your mind will help you fight physical pain.
Remedy #11: Hot Water Compress Put a towel drenched in hot water over your lower abdomen to get relief from menstrual pain.
• Alternatively, you can use a bottle filled with hot water and place it on your lower abdomen to soothe cramps and pain.
Remedy #12: Bioflavanoids Consume food rich in bioflavanoids like citrus fruits, mangoes, sprouts, brussels, broccoli, etc.
Remedy #13: Iron and Calcium Rich Diet
Consume foodstuff rich in iron and calcium like milk, egg, legumes, green leafy vegetables, beans, lentils, chickpeas and soybeans, dried fruits like raisins and prunes, etc.
Remedy #14: Curd and Bananna
Cook banana leaves in oil for a while, and mix them with curd. It makes a great recipe for cramps.
Remedy #15: Ginger Add ginger to cakes, cookies, vegetables and tea. To prepare ginger tea, steep ½ tbsp of crushed ginger in a cup of boiling water and strain it. Sip this tea 2-3 times a day. You can also add cinnamon powder, lemon juice and honey to the tea. This is one of the best natural remedies for menstrual cramps.
Remedy #16: Mustard Seeds : Steep some mustard seeds in water; or alternatively, add mustard powder in warm water. Dip your feet in it for 30-45 minutes. This is a great way to cure menstrual cramps.
Remedy #17 Fennel Seeds Chew some raw fennel seeds daily or as and when required. They also act as a mouth freshener, aids in digestion and eliminate the symptoms of menstrual cramps.
• Another option is to steep some fennel seeds in water. Strain this mixture and add some honey to it. Drink this herbal tea when your periods are about to start.
Remedy #18: Flaxseeds: Consume 1 tbsp of flaxseeds daily throughout the menstrual cycle. Alternatively, mix 1 tbsp of flaxseeds along with yogurt or salad and eat it. This is one of the most effective natural cures for cramps.
I am having periods twice a month How is it possible? I had 2 ipill within 40 days 3 months ago. Is it a side effect of it.
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.