Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tejas Goragandhi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Tejas GoragandhiYour feedback matters!
I have scar marks on my face. How can I get scales face. In your clinic giving treatment for this or not.
My father aged 89 years always have loose motion in the morning only when its time to freshen up. Otherwise in the whole day he does not feels to freshen up. But in morning its always a loose motion. Is it safe or not. Pls help.
Though we may think of chewing gum as something that is a recent thing for mankind, it is not so. Chewing gum or bark or chicle has been around for centuries now. Even the ancient civilizations like Aztec talk about chewing gums. With a lot of curiosity, studies were conducted to see what other effects chewing gums have.
As early as in 1939, Leta Hollingsworth did some detailed studies and came up with linkages between chewing gum and cognitive functions.
Over the subsequent years, though more detailed understanding of the chewing process and neural pathway is established, more correlation has been established. It has been shown to have benefits on memory, alertness, anxiety, improved learning and memory and hunger management.
What sort of a gum are you chewing, that also decides the effect it has. The texture, the flavor, and the density are some of the parameters that needs to be considered. The most common explanation is that chewing gum improves blood flow to the brain and therefore has these beneficial effects.
Chewing a gum induces what is known as mastication induced arousal. Mastication or chewing in layman terms, of the gum induces production of certain chemicals in the brain and also gives a form of physical exercise that promotes blood flow and thereby, improves performance. What is also interesting is that studies showed improved performance if gum is chewed before the test, but had no significant result if chewed during the test.
Chewing gum is also shown to reduce cortisol levels and that explains why anxiety is better managed by people who constantly chew gum. In addition, for people with depression too, this simple, easily available gum may be the best method of treatment. It has been shown to stimulate the ventral part of the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for causing depression.
In the workplace, it is not uncommon to see chew gums in the midst of meetings to improve their focus. Studies have actually shown a relation between chewing gum and improved focus, productivity, efficiency, and improved professionalism. When a survey was conducted at the end of the day, gum chewers reported higher levels of happiness being at the job and reduced fatigue and stress.
As a next level of confirmation, studies have been done where EEG and MRI scans have been done to establish the relationship between chewing gum and improved brain function. This needs some more corroboration, which will happen in the coming years, but the benefits of chewing a gum are for sure. Further, in order to prevent yourself from various ailments it is advisable to get your complete body check up done.
I have habit of eating rajnigandha my tooth had turned in yellow colour I had referred to a dentist he had advice me for tooth cleaning I did the same. But now after a week I again find my tooth getting bad again. Is there any permanent solution for it? Please help.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!