Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tejal KanwarYour feedback matters!
I am female aged 51 years. My endometrial biopsy report is enclosed. Please suggest on the report. Report: regn. Date: 25 may 2015 19: 28 name: sree devi a regn no: 431533343 ref dr: radha lakshmi you sample collection: 25 may 2015 19: 32 print date: 26 may 2015 18: 57 age / sex: 48 years / f regn centre: kurnool histopathology report biopsy no. 01605 / 2015 clinical diagnosis: nature of specimen: endometrial biopsy (slides for opinion upto 2). Gross: received one h & e stained slide labelled as 1756/h-14c for review. Microscopic examination: sections show tubular and irregular glands lined by tall columnar cells with benign nuclear features. Few glands are cystically dilated. Stroma is compact with spindle cells. There are no granulomas or atypical cells. Impression: suggestive of simple hyperplasia of endometrium. Advised clinical correlation.
Had unprotected sex with my bf, took ipill 27 hours later, the due date for my periods is in 5 days. What are the chances of me getting pregnant?
Dear Doctor, I am 11 weeks pregnant. My next scan is on 5th Nov when I complete my 3 months pregnancy. Today morning I had little bleeding, went to my doctor and she gave injection and asked to put tomorrow also and she said no need to worry. Please let me know why it's happening? Before also I got blood spotting 2-3 times. I'm really worried. Hope it will no effect my baby. Waiting for your kind reply please.
I have a small lump or could be pimple in the lips of my vagina it is painless it occurred a week back? Please tell me what treatment I should take.
My girl friends period was starting on 15th July and end on 21st july. We had unprotected sex on 22nd july. Just after next of period ends. There is any chance of pregnancy.
In today’s world, which is technologically advanced, we don’t even realize that the whole day has passed by looking at or using our electronic devices. Our life sways between checking the social media on smart phones to using the computer in office, which just makes it easy for us to spend the whole day locked up with a screen. Though this could be fun at times, but it has some definitive effects on our body.
Link between posture and technology
When looking at people at office gives you a good idea of how they sit while they use their devices. Average person waiting in a doctor’s office usually sits with a hunched back, shoulders slumped and a bent down neck. In office these people might lean on their desks, push their neck forward in order to see what is on their screen and their hand is constantly scrunched over the mouse. The human body is not really designed to sit in this way and can have serious life impending issues.
The biggest problem with technology posture is position of the head. When the head is evenly balanced between the shoulders it weighs between 10 and 12 lbs. But with a slight tilt even 15 degrees, the weight on the spine spikes to 27 lbs. Another 15 degrees and it weighs 40 pounds. At 60 degrees, the position where the chin touches the chest weighs 60 pounds on the spine. The extended weight on the spine causes the lower spine to collapse along with a low back pain. Low back pain can further cause knee pain and a referred ankle pain and further leading to much more damage.
How to prevent technology posture?
There are many ways in which the damaging effects of the technology posture can be reduced. At office you can elevate the monitor so that top of the screen is at the eye level. The height of the chair should be such that the feet are firmly placed on the ground. The desk should be in such a manner that the forearms are parallel to the floor when the shoulders are relaxed.
While using the smart phone, avoid bending and slouching and use arms to place the phone in front of the face. The phone should be at eye level when browsing and should not be balanced by the neck when talking on the phone. The head should be kept straight and these easily avoid the damaes of technology posture.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Makes your heart healthier
Studies have shown that as the frequency of orgasms increases over a period of time, the risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack reduces drastically. During the activity, the most intense moment are equivalent to walking approximately 8 kilometers per hour.
Researchers have found out that having regular sex reduces stress and is similar to the effects of having a sweet, sugary chocolate bar, but lasts for a much longer time than you would think.
Improves sleep patterns
Post- coital sleep after a satisfying session of lovemaking is known to be refreshing, although the exact reason or science behind it is not yet known. Yet as per some studies, oxytocin which is released in the body post-orgasm has relaxing and sleep-inducing properties.
Makes you look younger
Regular coitus enhances anti-ageing properties and studies have shown that older men and women look at least 5 to 7 years younger if they are sexually active.
It is a fertility booster
Female hormones are better balanced after frequent sexual activity and also regulates periods, which in turn improves chance of conceiving a baby. With males, the sperm quality is enhanced due to regular sex.
Fortifies your body against diseases
Dhea a natural steroid released in the body during sex is known to increase body fitness levels and prevents various diseases too.
Keeps flu and colds away
Immunoglobulin is an antibody that protects against cold and flu and is found in abundance in individuals who have sex more than once a week.
Improves your mood!
Neurotransmitter released during sex improves your mood to a considerable extent.
Gives you a healthy glow
By flushing out the toxins via sweating.
Burns those extra calories
In a pleasurable way!
Hi I had sex with one guy unfortunately. I'm getting too much of pain. In my ass. Not able to go toilet properly. It's getting pain very high. Not able to walk properly and not able to sleep in night properly and not able to sit properly. Feeling to die. Please help me.
I am doing intercourse with my wife from last 1 month and ejaculate my sperm into her but she got periods on 13 august why she did not get pregnant? Please advise.
I am not getting bleeding in mensuration what food I have to eat for natural bleeding? Please advise.
Dear Doctor, I am not able to do Breast feeding. My breast is not producing enough milk for my baby. I am just 3 days after my delivery. Dr. is there any medicine to produce milk so that I can do breastfeeding to my baby. Please help me.
My wife is 10 week pregnant. We are planning to travel by air from jodhpur to bangalore which takes 2 hrs 35 minutes. Her BP, blood sugar is within limit. Can we travel by air.
Condoms are the best contraceptive measure you take before having sex because unlike other contraceptive measure such as birth control pills, they actually provide almost fool-proof protection against STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). However, condoms need to be handled with care because if precaution isn’t taken while putting on the condom, it can cause tears on the surface. Here are 5 things you should know about condoms:
- Size does matter: 'One size fits all' might not be a good approach towards choosing a condom to wear, because thay come in different sizes. You should check the size at the back of the leaflet before buying it because buying a size that isn’t the right fit can result in tears which can put you and your partner at a risk of pregnancy and contracting STDs.
- Condoms do not affect the quality of sex: Contrary to popular belief, condoms do not have any effect on the quality of sex or the level of pleasure you derive from the intercourse. 98% people in a research confirmed this fact. So, not wearing a condom because “it doesn’t feel good” isn’t an excuse anymore.
- Latex allergies are a thing: Some people are predisposed to allergies caused due to the latex which most condoms are made of. Symptoms of latex allergy include itchiness, dryness and lesions on the foreskin. If these symptoms persist, don’t be embarrassed to rush to the doctor because the allergy can worsen and prove to be dangerous.
- The four types of condoms: The most common type of condom is the latex one, but because latex can cause allergies, an alternative material called polyurethane is used to make condoms too. For people who are allergic to both latex and polyurethane, polyisoprene condoms are a good option. The fourth type of condom is the lambskin condom which is made of lamb intestines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
We have 6 months old baby. After giving birth to our child through c section delivery, last month my wife getting periods for 5 days. After that this month till now she didn't get periods. Is that a symptom of her next pregnancy or its a natural one? I'm having doubt on it. Can anyone explain please?
Pumpkin seeds are a perfect choice for a healthy snack to munch on during boring afternoons. They are not just tasty, but immensely healthy. These seeds can be called as nutritional powerhouse that are packed with nutrients, which are required for the overall sustenance of health. Some of the most impressive benefits of pumpkin seeds include:
- Magnesium for healthy heart: One-fourth cup of pumpkin seeds contains about half of the regularly suggested intake of magnesium which in turn helps the body in performing a wide range of vital physiological functions. When an individual takes the required amount of magnesium, it boosts the production of ATP, synthesis of RNA molecules, rhythmic pumping of the heart, proper formation of the tooth and bone and relaxation of the veins and vessels carrying blood. It has been shown that eating pumpkin seeds regularly keeps the blood pressure under control and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke as well.
- Zinc for assisting immunity: Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of zinc, and one ounce of this seed contains about 2 mg of the mineral. Zinc is essential for the body for a host of reasons such as immunity, growth of cells, proper sleep, lifting mood, replenishing the senses and is critical to eye and skin health. It is also known to help in regulating the insulin levels and improving male sexual power. Quite many people around the world do not get the right supply of this beneficial mineral due to mineral depletion of soil, effects of harmful drugs and consumption of plant-based diets. One can consume pumpkin seeds daily to combat common health issues such as cold and flu, depression, skin problems and acne and chronic fatigue.
- Omega-3 fatty acids to control cholesterol: Nuts and seeds including pumpkin seeds are known to be viable sources of Omega-3 fatty acids or alpha-linolenic acid. It is required by all individuals and the body then converts it to the more useful fats called the DHA and EPA. By eating an ounce of pumpkin seeds every day, one can intake an excellent source of good cholesterol.
- Tryptophan for restful sleep: Tryptophan belongs to the amino acid group. This is a protein building block found in abundance in the pumpkin seeds. This tryptophan is converted into serotonin by the body which in turn is transformed into melatonin or the sleep hormone. Those who have trouble sleeping can take a handful of pumpkin seeds along with some fruit pieces right before going to bed to see desirable results. The pumpkin seeds will supply the body with the required amount of tryptophan which will be converted to the sleep hormone and promote a restful sleep all through the night.
The pumpkin seeds can be stored and carried easily and require no refrigeration. Charged with a lot of nutrients ranging from copper to manganese, zinc to protein, pumpkin seeds should be considered as a healthy snack that can regularly be taken to enjoy a host of health advantages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am day time sleep every day. As I will sleep at night 11 pm & wake up at 7 am. At work time I get automatically sleep. This cycle is continuously 4 to 5 times in day.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.