Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tejal Bhathiwala
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Tejal BhathiwalaYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 years man, everyday when I put my finger in to my nose I can find blood stains from my left nose. This is happening from past some days. Some times it will be dry and some times it will be wet. And I have a pain in my left side of head. Is it all correlated? Or anything to worry?
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.
I am suffering from disease sneezing yearly please tell me proper treatment. As I went different hospitals nothing can happen.
My wife is feeling weak and often dizzy since last month. We saw a general physician who said it was just low bp. But more often than not, I think its a symptom of a bigger problem. What should we do?
Hi I have this ear and back of the ear pain on the right side. I think its coz I have sme light cold and wax formation. Any ear drop suggested to melt the wax. The pain is a little painful and I cant turn my head suddenly to the left side. Urgent help appreciated
I am 20. In my thought when I swallow something it feels like there is something is saw in mirror myself I see small round towards right side it some times pains. I did hot water gargle for some days bt no change I showed it to doctor she thought its tonsil and I took medicine also but later I saw nothing changed what is it what should I do?
I am 25 years old male. Suffering from throat infection with cough doctor prescribed me azithromycin 500 mg but still not get relief.
I have severe nose congestion due to sinus infection and doctor advised me to take Nasollerin cap 2 times. Will it take time to cure.
I have hearing problem since childhood, so I am using hearing aid but this is not totally helpful I need surgery, so I am asking if there is any permanent solution my ear (the main reason is my ear nerve is damaged since birth so if there is any surgery pls notify me)
Hi m 27 years I am suffering from dizziness for 1 and half years. Sometimes I feel as if I'll fall down but somehow I strong my mind and manage it to get fall. Whenever I eat with full stomach it pain little on my stomach. I check bp sometimes 140/90. Sometimes 128/80. But I HV dizziness continuously any time. Is it am suffering from heart problem or smithing else. I even don't eat meat more then 2 piece because I feel dizziness.
My grandmother is unable to eat anything and is also finding it difficult to swallow. It has been a week and she's consuming very little amount of liquids and is mostly unconscious. Her condition is deteriorating every passing day. She is around 85 years of age. We are told that her esophagus has shrunk and there's no cure. Can you please help? Is there anything we can dissolve in water to give her which might help in replacing food? Or any other kind of injections? Any possible thing which can overcome the deficiency caused by not eating food?
Hi, I m 25 yrs old girl, I have loss my sense of smell from past 10 years and having sneezing problem continuously 7 to 10 times during waking up and after taking bath and at evening time, continuously water following from nose & eyes also nose block at sneezing time, please advise me how I can get sense of smell with also well!
From childhood I am suffering from throat infection. I have also operated my tonsils but still after 5 years I have frequent throat infection so my question is that I am a frequent user os antibiotics medicine and recently I came to know that antibiotics can cause mental problems and in my case I am also feel depressed from childhood some times I also consult a psychiatrist so is there any possibility of linking of these two problems.
Consult your doctor:
Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, talk with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality.
Recovery after the surgery:
You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over.
You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs. Will you develop scars? As with all cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty can leave scars.
Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage