Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Taruna JainYour feedback matters!
My sister son is 4 years old is a hyperactive child controlling him is a task to handle him. How to build up his immunity and health as he has a lean body and use to suffer from cough n cold. Wat food and diets need to be followed. Kindly suggest.
Hello doctor; I have done with acl surgery of right knee on 15 october. I do regular exercise 3-4 times. I do walk with the help of knee brace. So can I walk now without brace. I tried somr time. But I am little bit scared so I ignored. Also can I drive two wheeler or can I sit on second seat on active. Please suggest me all these. Thank you.
Hi sir I am 19 yr old male. B. Sc ii yearr students .Sir meri problem ye h ki me yaad to sab kr leta ho per paper k time per sab bhul jata ho. Mane bhote khoshis ki yaad rhkne per nhi rak pata. Please btaye ki muje kya krna chaiye.
Migraine is a severe form of headache wherein, the excruciating pain is accompanied by an extreme sensitivity to sound and light; you also experience nausea. The headaches usually affect either side of the head and are throbbing in nature. Hot flashes, numbness of limbs and blind spots in the eye; these are often considered as warnings. In certain cases, migraines can cause blackouts that can range from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Migraine occurs in four stages:
- Pro-drome (symptom indicative of an onset of an illness)
- Aura (visual auras including blurred vision)
- Post-drome (the residual effects of migraine characterized by fatigue and lethargy)
But the occurrence of these stages varies across individuals. The causes of migraines aren’t specifically understood. It may be due to the interaction of the brain stem with the trigeminal nerve, which is an important pain pathway of the brain. Imbalances in hormonal levels or in the levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin may also prove to be a causal factor.
Migraine may be triggered due to stress, physical exertion, and excess intake of alcohol or food additives such as MSG (Monosodium Glutamate). Changes in the environment and sleeping patterns may also be probable culprits.
Migraine can be easily distinguished from regular headaches, given the fact that migraines last longer and are rather severe in nature with pain felt in one part of the head. Most people experience the ‘Aura’stage where they have visual flashes right before headache. Nausea, eye pain or sensitivity to light and sound are other factors helpful in distinguishing migraine from other headaches.
Symptoms can occur a while before headache, immediately before headache, during headache and after headache. Although not all migraines are the same.
Typical symptoms include:
- Moderate to severe pain, usually confined to one side of the head during an attack, but can occur on either side of the head
- The pain is usually a severe, throbbing, pulsing pain
- Increasing pain during physical activity
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain
- Feeling sick and physically being sick
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, relieved by lying quietly in a darkened room
- Some people experience other symptoms such as sweating, temperature changes, tummy ache and diarrhea.
Complications in migraine may include:
- Chronic migraine which last up to 15 days or more
- Status Migrainosus where the attacks last for over 3 days
- Migrainous infarction where the aura lasts longer than it should, cutting blood supply to the brain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.