Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. TarunYour feedback matters!
My mother in law suffered from heart blockage problem n blockage in brain too n suffered from paralysis attack so m worried about her diet so pls Dr. suggest me which food she hv to focused n which is to be avoid. And she like non veg diet a lot. Will it be still good for her health pls suggest me. Thanks.
My daughter suffered by epilepsy. Only two times one year before. Dr. prescribed to take, 500 mg levipil twice per day. morning 500 mg eve 500mg. Since one year seizure had not come. She is studying CA. CAN WE STOP TO TAKE MEDICINE. GANESH.
I am suffering from stress and insomnia for last 6 years sometimes I feel automatically feel good but anyone give me tension any type after then my I feel stress 2,3 days in stress and insomnia.
I have migraine since 3weeks I had consultant a lot of doctors but they failed to cure that. Will you prescribe any medicine to me.
Mere pair m jhunjhunahat hoti hai uske bad m black and white dikhne lahta hai kuch time ke liye. Can you tell me what's the reason for this problem. Please advise me immediately.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Hello, I have been facing this problem for the last 4 years. Getting pain near the heart once every 1 hour, and hands shivering continuously every time 24/7. Consulted cardiovascular doctor thrice said no problem, then consulted gastro had some issues of gas but now I m getting lesser pains, however getting them on odd days again. Even at times vague pains across the body like shoulder, foot near the middle nerve, near the thigh, back side of the head etc. Please help me here to come out of the prob.
What are the symptoms of dengue? He is shivering alot and his body is very warm. And in blood test dengue is not recodnised.
I use to have severe headache since last 10 years. Now the intensity and frequency has increased. This headache occurs oftenly in summer season and now it occurs twice or thrice in a week. The headache started from whole head and then shifted at a specific point (at left temporal region). I think I have the symptoms of migraine. Like photophobia, irritation from sound, sometimes nausea and vomiting.
Hlo ! I m 21 years old I m suffering from brain hemrage from more than one year i lost some of my memory nd left side of my body go paralised. Please suggest me best treatment to get recover from it.
Is there any medicine for hereditary sensory motor neuropathy (HSMN). Which is a rare neurological disease? How it can be cured?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.