Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Tanvi Thakkar TannaYour feedback matters!
I' m 22 year old and always live in imaginary world and hesitant to tell my feelings to other people. Help me Doctor. I can be easily cheated because I' m easily influenced by other people' s world. But from my hurt core I love all living beings in the world. Help me Doctor, Help me!
I have all the things in life which should be sufficient to keep me happy. Still I feel sad and lonely all the time. I blame others for that but the fact is that I don't like being happy. I am IT professional with problems at job and home. I am unhappy with everyone. Please help!
Doctor please help me. Since 4 years I am suffering from depression and on medication now. I am 30 year old male working in a bank as a cashier. Since I have so much responsibilities on work abt cash and transactions and I cannot concentrate on a work perfectly feeling little bit low again. I am taking medicine now which is veniz 150 mg. All is ok but in morning I cannot wale up early and too many negative thoughts will enter in my mind so that I can not be active whole time and feels scary that again I hot anxiety and depression? Please help me doctor.
Doctor I have a problem in my voice. Now a days when I am trying to speak loud then a breathing problem occurs. I can't understand whether it is anxiety problem or not. But some times it not happen.
Has your life been mundane or monotonous lately, well then you have reasons to worry. Lives with less intimacy or unhappy sex lives have been known to cause problems in a relationship and may also be a cause for your mental problems.
In order to avoid these pitfalls, use these tips to bring back the spark and the smile on your partner's face:
- Wear red: The chances of having sex increases significantly if you are wearing red color. It is said to change the perception about a person's attractiveness.
- Oral sex: Oral sex allows for more clitoris stimulation in women and penile stimulation in men. Try new positions such as sixty nine and the elevator to keep things interesting in the bed.
- Scintillating visuals: To make your partner more aroused, use visual techniques such as lacy lingerie with heels. Men tend to focus on the visual aspect of sex more so it may be stimulating for them.
- Sexting: Sexting is the new thing in spicing up your sex life. Send saucy texts to your partner as this will spice up things and bring more creativity in your bedroom. It will bring both of you closer and is also a method of revealing your innermost desires without facing your partner.
- New positions: Opt for a new sex positions the next time you have sex, it will prevent monotony in your sex life. You may opt for poses such as the cowgirl where the woman is on top or the body builder position.
- Practice the downward dog position: This pose has been shown to increase libido in men and also helps them to last longer in bed. You will see improvement in core strength and will be able to control your pelvic muscle better.
- Communicate: You should communicate more with you partner, as this helps in improving your relationship. If you are more open, then it will lead to a better sex life.
- Going for it in the morning: Men are known to last longer in the morning as the level of testosterone in the body is high at this point of the day. It will also improve your health and mood.
Tension is the big problem of my life. I am 18 years old but I can't concentrate in my studies how I fight from this problem please suggest me and my diet is also very poor. please help me.
I lost somebody last year and then I since depressed very badly. please tell me in condition what I do.
Hi. Due to some issues with my current job, I am suffering with Anxiety/ depression. I feel like weakness in body specially hands & legs, no happiness, sometime dizziness, fatigue,suffocated, detached with reality etc symptoms while I am in office. As I leave the office environment, I start feeling light and better. Kindly guide.
I'm a 21 years old female. I'm working in corporate industry as a Business Development Consultant. Being a consultant myself, I'm seeking for consultation for my personal problem. I am in love with a married man and so he is but we cannot open this relationship as because he is a father of 2 children and I'm not to be blamed as a third woman for breaking their relationship. I'm filled with so guilt and at the same time I'm so jealous of his wife. Though I tried to avoid the situation but my mental stress is getting worst day by day. I'm trapped with so many emotions, guilt, jealousy, stress, anger and anxiety. I don't know to whom I should consult this problem with. This is something not good in our society but I'm madly in love with him. He is a coworker and I cannot leave my job as I'm heading so many responsibilities. I need help on how can I remove this anxiety or jealousy from my mind because all my energy has diverted into this and I'm not even able to perform at work. Please suggest doctor what should I do. Thanks.
Hi. How to control from irritation he is angry every time and how can I help him to control from anger ness so please help him and with the irritation his face also getting black By which way I can help to control him
Hello .how I will come to know that my girlfriend is loyal with me and she did not make any physical relationship with other guy because we r in long distance relationship pls let me know.
I am 27 years old male. I feel tired always (every part of my body is tired) and also experience memory loss. I got a full body check up. I was concerned about thyroid.
I am 25 years old. Last 2 years my bilirubin level is 0.17 and if it keep continue same level Please tell me its side effect. I take alcohol twice a month.
Drinking cool drinks and cool water will harm. Any side effects occur drink cold water daily due to summer.
I am feeling some pain in mind, loosemotion, and fever on my body. what should I do for better health?
Hello. Docter. Mujhe ek bahot badi problem ho rahi hai. Mai commonly daily use hone ward word bhul jata hu jab mujhe kisi se kuch kahna hota hai to wo word dimag me nahi ata hai. Mujhe bhulne ki problem ho rahi hai. Mai jo padhta hu. Uski bhi problem hoti hai. So pls help me in hindi. Mai kya karu iska solution batae. Dhanyavad.
Psychological assessment — also known as psychological testing — is done to help a psychologist better understand an individual and provide valuable insights into the individual’s behavior, skills, thoughts and personality. Psychological testing commonly includes intelligence testing, personality testing, and skills testing, among other areas.
Psychological assessment is never focused on a single test score or number. Every person has a range of competencies that can be evaluated through a number of methods. A psychologist is there to evaluate the competencies as well as the limitations of the person, and report on them in an objective but helpful manner. A psychological assessment report will not only note weaknesses found in testing, but also the individual’s strengths.
It has often ben said that 'you are what you think'. It is the human mind which enabled the entire race to dominate over the planet over millions of other species. How can this very complex instrument is so difficult to understand? The human mind is capable of extreme highs and lows in terms of every aspect such as emotions, achievement, empathy anger and so forth. One field of study is Psychology which does help us in its understanding.
What are psychological tests?
Psychological tests are a method to gauge various parameters of an individual’s mind and how it works. There are not one but multiple psychological tests which help with determining various aspects of a person’s mental functioning and capabilities among others. Like medical tests such as X-rays and various types of blood reports help us get a better picture of the condition of your body, similarly, psychological testing helps us a get a better view of a person’s thinking and if at all there are any problems with it. Just a few examples of psychological testing are as follows –
- Aptitude testing in children to check for learning disabilities
- Testing for skills such as dexterity or flexibility, and reaction time to look for brain damage or dementia
- Memory tests to look for psychological disorders as well as dementia
- Testing for anxiety related disorders especially in social conditions, both in children and adults
How are these helpful?
More than pinpointing psychological disorders, these tests are meant to help an individual point out problems and then start on a treatment or therapy to overcome the problems. These tests can help a person in many ways such as –
- Identifying problems early on when they are mild, thus making treatment more effective
- Help them further in studies or their career where certain conditions or problems were becoming an impediment
- Provide methods to tackle a phobia
- Sometimes, psychological testing is very helpful in diagnosing serious mental issues such as depression which may force many to take their own lives; thus preventing it
- Helping to combat physiological problems in cases where no pathological causes are found. In many cases, stress and anxiety lead to other disorders like diabetes, hypertension, gastrointestinal troubles and others. Once the psychological side is treated after correct diagnosis, the physical problems also tend to dissipate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.