Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanvi ShahYour feedback matters!
Dairy products, soft breads, softer grains, seafood and soft meat, soft cooked vegetables and many more are braces friendly foods
I am 47 year old male, suffering from tongue ulcers frequently from last 3 years after removal of gall bladder. I also experience mild backpain in upper part.
I have tooth and little cough problem. Smell is coming out of my mouth when I eat something. And also little cough is stored in throat. What should i do?
How do Advance Technologies Help Manage Dental Phobia?
Hi, this is Dr. Amit Chavan from Smile Again Dental Clinic. Myself a periodontist and implantologist. My core areas are gum surgeries, flap surgeries, implants and laser dentistry. I have an experience of about more than 7 years and have been practicing from Smile Again for more than 5 years now. Our dream of having this practice was to have everything under one roof basically to have the cutting edge technology that includes dental laser, OPG machine, VistaScan which is the low emission radiation under one roof so that the patient doesn’t have to go anywhere outside. That was the idea, and that is what we have been implementing. Our main vision for this practice was to get the dental phobia out of the patients.
Basically, whenever a dental patient walks into the dental practice, he has the fear of unknown. So, basically we have made sure that we remove that fear present with the best cutting edge technology and the best specialist dentist that is associated with us. Basically, when the patient comes to our clinic, the first thing that he will be greeted with a very warm and welcome smile from our receptionist and the staff is present. The waiting area is specifically decorated to provide relaxing oasis of calm and tranquility to create an environment where dentistry is the last thing on your mind. We are keen to make an environment that is more than welcoming for the patients.
Smile Again is spread across 1500 sqft and with four separate operatory chambers ensuring complete privacy and absolute comfort to each patient. The first cubicle is for diagnosis where you will be meeting with the dentist and this will be the one which is designed exclusively to create a relaxing environment. This is where we do the initial diagnosis keeping in mind the chief complaint of the patient and we discuss the different types of options that are available to the patient according to his need and the required treatment. In the second operatory, the basic treatment is carried out such as filling, scaling, and the root canals that is what is carried out.
Then comes the third operatory where in which only the cosmetic procedure carried with the consultation given to the patient and explaining him what are his aesthetic demands and accordingly doing the treatments. Operatory 4 is basically is a exclusive surgical unit where minor surgical procedures and dental implants are placed and this is basically done so that no cross contamination of infection is done. We have a dedicated centre where we conduct courses for newly passed out doctors and we are also in touch with the latest advancements that are present in the dentistry.
For further information, please contact us on lybrate.com.
Due to tobacco chewing habit now I can't open my mouth completely as well as when I eat I need lot of water because I feel it very hot lot chilly.
Of late I am getting odour from my mouth.I brush my teeth 3 times a including brush with sensodent tooth paste and also use listerin . Request doctor's kind attention and advice please.
Hello doctors, I went to the dentist 2 years before because my upper jaw teeth's are not in a proper ways like my front teeth was not in its proper position. So they advise me for braces and it was one and half year treatment. I opted for that treatment and when I got of my braces I was quite happy coz all my teeth were completely fine. But after 2-3 months I notice that my front teeth is again changing its position. I ask from my dentist and he is concerning me for re-treatment. What should I do? waiting for your reply. Thank you
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.