Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tanvi ShahYour feedback matters!
In contrast to traditional braces, which typically involve the use of a network of connected brackets and wires in order to enhance tooth mobility, clear or invisible aligners is a relatively new approach when it comes to aligning teeth and involves the use of a number of custom-made tight-fitting retainers, which can slip over your teeth easily.
Clear orthodontic aligners are generally used for patients who either have minor spacing issues or have mildly crowded teeth. Moreover, since clear aligners are custom made for a tighter fit, they are more suited for adults and late teenagers and not for young children who are still growing and developing their teeth.
Initially, your doctor will try to correct your bite after, which he or she can proceed with fitting you several versions of aligners, which help make slight adjustments to move your teeth during the course of the treatment. Usually made of a clear acrylic or plastic material, clear aligners fit tightly over your teeth, but are removable for eating purposes or for brushing and flossing. Every few weeks, you will probably get a new aligner in order to help move your teeth into the desired location.
Depending upon how much your teeth need to be moved, treatment will generally take around ten to twenty four months to complete. However, if your teeth have but shifted just slightly, then treatment can be completed in just a matter of ten weeks.
Advantages of using clear orthodontic aligners over traditional braces include:
- You won't be having a "metal mouth" as with metal braces
- Can be easily removed before brushing or flossing
- Maintains good long-term oral health
- Helps give a better and brighter smile
A dentist made a hole on my teeth as she wanted me to have a root canal treatment 5 months back. She did a temporary filling. I did not go after that to any of the dentists. Now the temporary filling is gone. There is a ball kind of structure growing near my teeth and again disappearing. I have alot of pain now And I can not eat and chew with that teeth. Will it harm if I keep it open only nd do not opt for RCT? I am tooscared to do it. Please suggest an alternative to make it like before again.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
I have severe toothache since 4 days. But I don't have caries. What tablets should I take to get rid of this pain?
I have problems my teeth and bloods come to after cleans my teeth. how to resolve the problems my problems give me solution I feel little pain also.
I am 47 years old. I was suffering with dental problem .(i.e) some brown ligament is appearing around the tooth. Why it is happening like this and what is the reason for that. I seems to be awkward if a brown is visible means around the tooth. Please Suggest me permanent solution for this.
Due to more travelling I am unable to sleep at night and also getting more and more pimple and mouth ulcers. Please give me a suggestion. Thank you.
I am18 year boy, 4years before I developed black markings on my tongue. From there markings started spreading. Now my tongue looks nearly black. Please advice me something that I can do with it.
Sir I have mouth ulcer problem every month I have this problem I have consult to many doctor but it doesn't work. I have taken Cortimax tablet.
Always rinse your tooth brush thoroughly after brushing, and allow it to air-dry before using it again.