Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanvi ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a problem of ulcer. Once in a month I always suffer from this problem & it becomes impossible for me to eat also. Please suggest what I should do.?
I have lot of problems with my tooth and it get lot of red color and I want to clean it. If I did this. There is any problem with this process.
Doctor I am suffering from an unbearable toothache please advice me how to get instant relief as its night period now and I am not able to sleep.
I got a small tooth cavity over my second premolar. Its paining since morning when I brushed with cold water. Since I am having exams I can not do any procedures right now. Please help me. Is it fine to take ibuprofen/diclofenac if its paining for two weeks. Is it good to do warm saline mouth gargle for this. Please reply.
I saw my teeth mirror. I saw calcium deposited in my teeth. What remedies should I take to avoid this? I have a layer of yellow stains in my teeth. How can I make my teeth look bright?
I am a 28 year old female. I have been suffering from gum bleeding and teeth pain. What I should can do?
Sir I have been chewing tobacco from past 2-years. My mouth has contracted and it does nt ipen as much as previously. I want to improve my mouth condition. Please help.
My age is 16 yrs. My orthodontist has recommended braces to be put on to my teeth and said that two teeth need to removed. How tooth extraction is done? Will it be very painful to remove my two teeth? I would be waiting for reply.
I have a bad taste in my mouth, I have been told I have the gum disease in my upper and lower gums. I do now have dentures on top.
About my teeth. I already filled my on teeth but now I have problem on muscles. Pain and swelling. M using oil, salt and turmeric.
I have dental problem. What type of food should perfect for me? Is soft or freeze food harm for my teeth? Please help me I really facing this type of problems too much. Thank you.
I haven't been able to sleep since many days and I am having teeth pain, I have tried multiple home remedies but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.