Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Tajwar ShaikYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 24 years female. My vagina is getting reddish and itching sometimes. While doing sex its hurting. My husband's penis is also getting red inside surrounded by some white discharge after intercourse with me. And he is also feeling itchy around his penis head. How to stop this problem.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
Do menstrual painful every time in thirties for ladies. What is the cure for this to get rid the pains. Are they related to psychological stress? or because of cyst/s in the uterus? any cure for this or precautions that is required?
I have irregular periods for polysistic Ovary. Hair fall and overweight problem as well as. How to get over?
I am looking for family planning, 3 years since married but started family planning from Jan 2017. Till now I am not pregnant. I am taking folvite 5 mg from 55 days. My periods are regular 25 days Cycle, no health issue. Since it's long time after marriage so everyone is pressurizing us for baby. I am very much depressed now. As soon as my period dates comes nearby, my heartbeats are increasing and after getting period literally I am crying like anything. Kindly help me out if I need to take anymore vitamin supplements to increase my pregnancy chances?
I'm 22, my last periods was 22 Nov, we had an intercourse on 11 Dec, I'm expecting my periods this month, its already 22nd and no signs of mensuration. I'm scared that im pregnant. I'm unmarried. We are planning to get marry next year. Will this affect my future pregnancy if I abort this time.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker.
Can I take isabgol during first two months of pregnancy since I am facing constipation. As this is my first month of pregnancy. Is it safe to take? What should be the dosage? Thanks. Your suggestions are valued.
Hello Dr. I'm prgrant. This is first month. Mujhe vomiting hoti hai. Pora din and rat jee machlta hai. Pet me halchal type rahhti. Milk nahi pee pati hun. Bada mushkil time. please help me.
I am 18 years old Girl and From last 15 days my mensuration cycle going on and I dun know how will it stop? please help me.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. Im on duphaston from 5 days due to slight brown bleed. Now im some times seeing a different discharge other than milky white like greyish like. Is this a bad sign of pregnancy?
I got told that the day the egg get released 14th day after first day of period and only bloke have to come in me that day to get pregnant what you mean the chances are more my boyfriend only comes in me load.
What do I do if I am sexually active and have missed my periods?
When you miss your periods and are sexually active, the first thought that comes to mind is that of a pregnancy. A simple pregnancy test should be done with the help of commercially available test strips. One simply needs to add three drops of urine in the well provided on the kit. A single line means there is no detectable pregnancy as yet and two lines means that you are pregnant. At times one line is faint and the other dark. In such a situation, it is best to get in touch with your doctor to decide the best option available to you.
It is advisable to check the expiry date of the strip before use and to preferably use the first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated urine sample of the day. If you are unable to do the test early morning then any urine sample would do but if the test is negative, please make sure that you repeat the test after 24-28 hours.
If you are very stressed about the reliability of the pregnancy kit, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy which is 100 percent accurate and also tells us about the approximate time ultrasound scan should be performed to check the baby's position in the uterus.
There could be many other reasons for missing the periods besides pregnancy and these are PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), use of an emergency contraceptive pill (like I-pill), ovarian cyst, stress, extensive travelling, medical diseases like tuberculosis and hormonal imbalances specially of thyroid to name a few.
Whatever be the reason for missed and overdue periods, one should still rule out pregnancy as you could still be pregnant even with all the above mentioned conditions.
Every woman should know how to keep a period calendar so that she knows when her cycle has gone overdue. Many a times it is a false alarm and the periods are actually on time.