Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tajwar Shaik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tajwar ShaikYour feedback matters!
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
Being healthy and happy is a state of mind. Yet, it is also a choice that we make consciously or subconsciously. The way we choose to live and how we respond by matter of habit or choice, to the various life events and situations thrown at us, pretty much decides how our hormones, blood pressure and other factors behave in the long run. Anxiety and general unhappiness have been found to share a deep link with the quality of one's health. So let us look at the common mistakes we make, backed by science, which may be keeping us from health and happiness.
- Avoiding Connections: What really happens when we do not cultivate relationships with people whom we can laugh and cry with? You end up bottling things up inside and do not get an outsider perspective that can help you take things in a lighter vein or from a different, often more justified perspective.
- Endorphins: Also, when you do not have someone you can laugh with, especially during stressful times, you end up supressing hormones like the endorphins which are known to be natural pain relievers too!
- Sitting All Day: If your job or lifestyle involves the sedentary act of remaining seated, you are first of all, asking for neck and shoulder pain in the long run. That besides, you are also losing your fast paced metabolism due to the lack of activity and this can also fuel the build up of toxins which may lead to chronic and potentially fatal diseases in the future.
- Victim of your Own Thoughts: Over exposure to too many ideas can never be a good thing. In this day and age of social media and instant access, we never seem to be short of opinions, no matter how irrelevant. When we start to find our own truth in someone else's reality, we end up playing the victim card in our relationships due to these misplaced opinions. This leads to problems like helplessness which can become anxiety and paranoia in the long run.
- Food: Too much junk or too many fad diets can ruin the chemical balance and good health of your being. Binge eating or emotional eating due to anxiety, boredom and ready availability of food can also give rise to eating disorders and weight gain which in turn, can lead to problems like diabetes, high cholesterol and other such problems.
Exercising, eating right and taking time to breathe and listen to people around you will help in fostering a better lifestyle with more human connections. This is especially important for people living in nuclear families with stressful jobs.