Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tajwar ShaikYour feedback matters!
I have been having discharge from my vaginal for sometime, though the fluid is clear, but I don't know why the discharge alway.
Hi. I am 25 year old female. I was making out with my husband and the condom broke, there was no penetration though, I took ipill and it was 5th day of my cycle still to be sure, got withdrawal bleeding after 6 days and lasted for 4 days. Now its been 31 since withdrawal days but I haven't still got my normal periods, what should I do?
Agoraphobia can be defined as the fear of being in a situation from which one cannot escape or a situation that humiliates the person. This causes people to avoid situations that they anticipate to be humiliating. Such a situation makes the person feel trapped and helpless. Everyday situations like standing in a queue, getting into an elevator, using public transport etc. can trigger Agoraphobia.
Agoraphobia affects more women than men. It usually affects people under the age of 35, but can sometimes affect older people as well. Having a relative in the immediate family circle that suffers from this condition can also increase a person's risk of suffering from it as well. Additionally, the death of a parent or loved one or domestic abuse could also trigger such behavior. Depression and alcohol or drug abuse could also increase a person's risk of suffering from this psychological disorder.
This phobia usually develops after a person experiences panic attacks or goes through an extremely stressful experience. Some typical symptoms of Agoraphobia include:
- The fear of being alone
- Fear of crowded places
- Fear of being in locked places from where you cannot escape
- Fear of losing control of one's actions
- Inability to leave the house alone
- Being overly dependent on others
You may also experience symptoms similar to those of a panic attack, such as excessive sweating, breathing difficulty, dizziness, diarrhea and chest pain.
An in depth interview with a counselor or doctor can help diagnose such a condition. A physical examination can also help rule out other health conditions that could be triggering such a reaction. To be diagnosed with Agoraphobia the patient needs to present at least two of the below symptoms:
- Severe fear of public transportation
- Fear of being in an open space such as a parking lot or mall
- Fear of being in closed spaces such as movie halls or elevators
- Fear of standing in line
- Fear of being in a crowd
- Fear of leaving home alone
Treatment for such a condition involves medication and psychotherapy. Anti depressants and anti anxiety medications are commonly used to treat such disorders. There are a number of different types of such medication and you may need to experiment with them before finding one that suits you. Psychotherapy or talk therapy focuses on cognitive behavioral therapy that reduces anxiety symptoms and teaches patients how to deal with fears. If you fear leaving the home alone, you could take someone along with you or consult a therapist who can offer you telephonic advice, through email or meet you at your home.
I'm married. Recently we were try for baby to last four month, But we are not successful. Nothing any problem of us, so please ans. Of my query.
My wife had her period on due date. But lasted only for some hours. It is for the first time. Is it normal?
Hello Doctor I'm 20 weeks pregnant and my skin's some part like nose forehead chin and neck are becoming dark during pregnancy. Please suggest how to get rid of it?
Hello I am 23 years old girl. & I am pregnant right now. Suffering from 5.5 month today. So now at this time can I make some physical relationship with my hubby? If NO, then can I do something (F+ing) to get satisfaction? Is it good for my baby or create some problem?
Prolonged exposure to the scorching sun is the sole reason for a sunburn and heat rash.
Sunburn and rashes cause itching and redness on the skin and most commonly affects the face, neck, back or the chest due to exposure to temperature extremes.
Here are some easy and effective home remedies, collected from grandmothers’ recipes, for you to try this summer to treat sunburn and heat rashes:
1. Gram flour (besan):
Gram flour or besan smoothens the skin and acts as a cleanser. It helps to remove the impurities, sweat, and dirt that clog the pores from the skin surface. You can prepare a thick paste of gram flour and water/rose water. Apply the paste on the affected area or rashes and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash away with cold water.
2. Baking soda:
Baking soda has antibacterial properties that prevent infections and also help to smoothen the burnt area. Mix half a spoon of baking soda and water. Using a soft cloth, dip it in the solution and gently rub over the affected areas. Rinse after a couple of minutes.
3. Raw potato:
A raw potato is a rich source of starchy compounds and helps to reduce the burning sensation of sunburn/heat rash. It acts as an emollient that softens the skin and reduces the redness. Slice a raw potato and place it on the affected area. Leave the potato slice on for 15 minutes and then rinse the face with cold water.
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants and enzymes that have healing abilities and helps to treat sunburns and rashes. It also acts as an exfoliator to unclog and clear the pores. Slice the papaya and mash it. Apply the paste on the affected area for a few minutes and let it dry. Wash it with cold water.
5. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is hydrating and therefore helps to nourish the skin. Anti-bacterial in nature, it helps to smoothen the skin immediately and also renews the skin. Apply coconut oil on the rash or affected area and leave it for some time. The skin shall absorb it and get nourished.
Hi My wife is pregnant. This is first time and may I know kitne din me sex karna chaiye or kya precautions rakhne chaiye.
I got pregnant. I can't afford to get pregnant. Doctors say it's 5 weeks. But before three weeks when I got it checked through urine the result was negative. I don't know what to do. Doctors are suggesting abortion pills. But I'm scared of the side effects. I'm also anemic. Please help. July 15th was my last period. July 29th I got it checked and the result came negative. August 20th I got it checked on that home device and I saw two pink lines! Please help me!
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.