Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta GarodiaYour feedback matters!
I am a student my age is 24 years old. My teeth are not in arc form they are front and back. Is it possible to get them in even order in arc form at dis age. Will it give me problem in future or any problems. please guide me.
My mouth from inside is not good due to excess acid in stomach wall of the inside mouths is full with ulcers and its keep repeating.
I am 19 male. I am having continuous mouth ulcers and it it more pain full I couldn't eat. I am having this problem for past 2 years. If it comes it will cure within 10 days but after 1 week I am having this again. Pls help me I should not get this disease in future.
My third molar tooth broke few months back a small portion still there aching this time terribly have to appear in an exam tomorrow morning please help. Only lyser D available this time took two tabs in an hour but no relief .
I have halitosis problem have foul breath. Partially cured from home remedies. What should I do to cure completely? Pls help.
I am 18years old and I have some thing getting wrong in my mouth i am felling something is stick in my mouth beside tongue so please tell me how to get this problem solved.
Hi i have gap Between my two teeth so much gaps are there. And I want a good smiling face. So, please help me.
I am suffering from weighting because I have from preservatives drinks like mango drink in common language called that drink is report.
I had a tooth removal how long should I wait till smoking If I did 2-3 hours after the removal is there any problem.Please tell.
Hello sir or mam, I want to ask about my teeth related problem. I am suffering from pain because of it. I think it is some muscular pain.
Hello sir, I have many black spots on my tongue is this problem is related to liver? Please tell me.
Last week I had sex with my girlfriend without safety (condom) and suddenly Tiny paper cut on outer part of foreskin (thought be herpes but I haven't got any infection on my mouth or lips as it happens with herpes, no tingling, itchiness on the cut as well) the cut has healed 80-90%. What it could be?
Hello sir i've gype in my every front teeth. I'm feeling very awkward when smiling in public. I want get rid from teeth gype please tell me some remedy to get rescue from this problem.
Iam a 18 years old. From 8 years ago my mouth has bad odour. After completing brushing teeth my mouth will get bad odour after few minutes. I did not showed to any one and I did not used anything what should I do. What medicines should I use preventing from the bad smell from my mouth.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.