Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SwetaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my front teeth the one we call bugs bunny teeth I fell from the stairs resulting a corner of my front teeth in the c shape. Do I have to go for any operation for fixing that issue and how much will the operation cost?
Hi, to regrowth gum on teeth what should I do and to regrowth hair on my bold head, is there any meditation technique?
My friend is 22 year old. He has bleeding problem from gum since 3 months. What precaution should I take?
Hello doctor, My teeth gum are irregular in shape front side and I brushed on that gum it is bleeding. I used a gum powder for that but it is no use. Pls give any medicines or else any suggestions.
Why my skin is growing inside of the both corner of my mouth and it cause pain and it pain my ear can't eat spicy food and can't open my mouth properly and it's pain my teeth.
Hii doctor I am akash and I feel the the pain in my teeth how can I solve it. please give me advised. I want to tell you when I feel the pain in my teth so I take the clove oil.
Sir, Whenever i finish swimming my teeth becames very sensetive. I cannot eat anything and this happens only after swimming. In clorinated water.How to.Get rid of it. Thanks
Sir/madam, my father's teeth decreased their sharpness (especially molars i. E. Uppr n lowr jaw teeth) and eating anything results pain after several chewing. please suggest any paste or gel to be used to cure this.
Hi I am 19+ I haven't brushed my teeth for more than 10 years and my teeth become yellow . So my problem is that now I want to whiten my teeth . I am now brushing my teeth but they are not coming to their white natural color. How can I whiten my teeth .
When I brushed today morning a drop of blood came out from lower part of the gum. Pressed the gum again a drop of blood came. Afterward it stopped. Is it normal or deficiency of any vitamin. Please suggest me suitable medicine since I am poor I cannot afford to visit a dentist and spend money.
Hi doc there are these two lumps in my month on my cheeks both parallel to each other and 2 white patches as well I can feel them with my tongue a little rougher than the rest of my cheek It's been a week and it's still the same just a little faded I had some has a day before and I used to smoke so i'm scared if that's because of it I tried to google it. It says it could be an early stage of cancer i'm scared.
He has fallen while riding his bike. Due to which his front tooth has broken. So what can be done about his tooth. A new tooth can be placed? instead of broken tooth?
I 29 year old, and I am suffering from gum disease which causes lots of pain and swellings of gum very frequently, for I am unable to eat. Please suggest some permanent solution I can follow.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.