Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SwedelYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a sister. She is blind by birth. Most of the times she remains restless. Sir she takes too much psychological pressure. This time she takes prolomet xl 25 and stalopam plus Kindly suggest no improvement yet seen by these drugs.
I am 16 years old boy I am suffering from sight related eye problems since my 3rd class so please give some suggestions to solve it.
I am 40 years and suddenly my eyes started blurring and after diagonise my eyes was drying please let me know the reason for eyes drying ?
I started using contact lenses. Now my eyes turned out to reddish at some times. Is it normal issue or not?
I always feel sad due to past incident which lost my reputation. You will find tears in my eyes always. Is it normal or serious condition. I am isolated. People spite at me. Is it curable or not? I am 32 years of old. please help me sir! I will always remember you to save my life, sir. God will bless you!
Hello, i'm 20yo male and I am having a pulsating vein under my left eye and it seems to be very frequent. Is this something I should worry about? What is it? And what causes it?
I have weak eye sight problem. I use specs from last 5 years bt there is no improvement. Wt should I do.
I am 17 year old and face the problem of blurriness after using tablet pcs for sometime and face problems to see words from distance.
She is 4 month baby. Having capillary hemangioma in right eye. It can be treated by medicines or a lasik is required immediately?
I am suffering from myopia, can looking too much at phone screen can increase worsen my eye conditions and increase my eye power?
It's trouma injury on my right eye. I hv macular edema at fovea. So can't ready properly even that object close to my eye. Little blurry nd like wave. M only taking vitamin medicine. Tell me my vision vl come? what's the treatment for it. How many time have to recover?
1) My eye vision rate is 6/9 in both right and left eyes. What is it's means? 2) What is the difference between 6/6 and 6/9 3) Which is the best eye vision rate for best views.
I have headache due to stress. It's paining heavily above eye brow. This is continuing problem I faced.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.