Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SwedelYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I have cataracts in both eye by birth. Now I am 25 year old boy. doctors do cataract surgery on my eye when I was 6 and 7 year old. But till now I wear. Specs and I have heavy cylinder numbers but wearing specs I can not able to see like normal man I have poor vision even I wear specs In Right eye Dist/cost=. SPH 7.0 CYL 2.0. AXIS 150. WISSION WITH GLASSES 6/24 NEAR= SPH 4.0 CYL 2.0 AXIS 150. vision WITH GLASSES J! Left eye DIST = SPH 2.5. CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES 6/ 18 NEAR =SPH 0.5 CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES J, I WRITE ABOVE AS eye doc write in my vision card after checking my eye. doctor said my eye lens which fit by cataracts operation is dusty so my vision is poor There is no solution! I first want to know can I deserve Low vision certificate by civil surgeon? 2nd thing I want to know is there any new technology for me? Who give me good vision even with specs. Kya ye ho sakta he cataracts ka re operation kar ke naya latest focal lenses fit liya ja ske purine wale ki jagah to me jyada nahi to thoda bahar dekh saku kyuki is sthiti me computer ke small font padh pa rahi sakta or degree hone ki bavjud achi job computer pe nahi kar pa sakta so please please ans me Aur kya contact lenses wear kar sakta hu? Jo dur aur najdik dono ka dekh ne me comfort de wesa koi contact lenses suggest kare Above all questions are very important for me so please ans it sir.
Hi, I am 36 years male, I get flickering in my eyes, what could be the reasons, I felt acidity today and I have heavy feeling around my forehead. Flickering in my eyes happening on regular basis?
My eyes feel burning or heated when I remain too long in the sunlight and I feel same at the night. What is the cause and how to reduce effect? What is the best eye lubricant?
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.