Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati SangwekerYour feedback matters!
I am living in south delhi and using hard ground water to getting fresh and currently using Amway glister as toothpaste and pears soap for bathing. Which toothpaste is best? Amway glister, forever gel or any other?
Hold a soft-bristle brush at 45-degree angle to your gums and move it back
and forth in short, gentle strokes, about the distance of one tooth
I m 17 years old girl and I m short, I want to increase my height. Coz of it I lost confidence in many things. Is it possible that my height will increase.
My mother is a hygienic person but she will not get sleep every day. She ll suffer alot in the morning due to headache. Thought of taking sleeping pills. Can you please suggest.
I am having hair loss problem since last one and a half years. What medicines should I take? I have tried many medicines but they have no effect on my problem.
I am suffering from severe hairfall amount of falling hair is 200 to 300 hairs per wash I don't know what should I do though my age is only 21 n the hairfall is very high please suggest me some remedies.
Hi my wife is blessed by a baby girl on 14 July 2016 but after that she face some issue like pain in back side and now pain in seize area and last 10 days she has not able to do latrine .Please suggest something.
I have problem of hair fall. I am 23 years old my hairs fall overtime I comb my hair. What should I do to control it.
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems, but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Healp adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Healp children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
Sir my age are 36 yrs. My height is 179 and weight 84 kg. I am always in depression and when I am working mai thak jata hoon. And I am not intrested in sex also. Please advise me.
I'm a woman of 30. What medicine should I take to rejuvenate my stomach? Can I take both the medicines for stomach and liver? Can gym workouts be helpful to rejuvenate my stomach and liver?
Following the simple tips below can give you a jump-start on improving or maintaining the overall health of your spine:
Develop a regular fitness routine: Try to incorporate resistance training and aerobic and flexibility exercises into your routine.
Lose weight if necessary: Being overweight or obese puts added stress and pressure on the joints in your spine (called facet joints). This can cause the normal wear and tear process to speed up.
Eat healthy, nutritious foods: Base your diet on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Take breaks throughout the day: This is especially important if you work at a desk all day. Getting up to stretch every 30 minutes gives your back a chance to recover from the strain of sitting for hours.
Develop good posture: Sitting or standing correctly promotes good back health.
Learn how to lift properly: Lifting correctly can help you avoid excessive strain on your back.
Get plenty of sleep: Aim for 8 hours a night.
Stop smoking: Smoking can accelerate the aging process, which is bad news for your spine.
Avoid heavy use of alcohol: Too much alcohol can lead to dehydration.
There's no sure way to tell if you will completely avoid developing spondylosis, but leading a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to prevent spondylosis.