Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati MhatreYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am got married 3 months ago. Now, today my wife's monthly periods are 10 days late (yet not came. We can want any child now. What may be the reason of this irregularity PREGNANCY OR ANY THING ELSE. Kindly suggest what should we do ASAP. Regards, Ashok.
Individuals who stood for an extra two hours daily had about 2% lower blood glucose levels and 11% lower average triglycerides, compared to those who spent more time sitting. More time spent standing rather than sitting could improve your blood sugar, fats in the blood and cholesterol levels, while replacing time spent sitting with time walking could have additional benefits for your waistline and body mass index.
I started my menstrual flow on 22/03/2017 and I also had sex on 22/03/2017. During intercourse my boyfriend after putting the condom from the wrong side corrected it. I don't think that when he put the condom from the wrong side he had fluid on his penis still I am not sure. My menstrual flow continued normally till 26/03/2017 and I ovulated today on 28/03/2017. Personally I am having stomach ache sometimes which I was having before having sex. Also I have checked on internet and I am not having any early symptoms of pregnancy like breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, frequent urination, morning sickness and food sickness. Am I pregnant?
Hello doctor I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend on fifth day of periods. She also taken unwanted 72. But in next 5 days period comes ,but next months period missed 40 days the periods did not come. She is pregnant or not? Whats the matter? What can I do for her periods.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
I have red scars on my face since few days I dont know fr what reasn it happened please solve my query & I am 4months pregnant too tell some medication.
I am 8 months pregnant. But my belly so small. Why my belly so small. My weight 1311grms. Am worried bout my baby weight. Pls suggest me. I want baby weight.
Hello doctor, Meri wife 2 month se pregnent h .but 3 4 din se uske thodi thodi bleeding hui h.please iske baare me btaye.
Am 25years old my problem monthly period getting after 5 or 8days after the conception its normal or any problem for me.
I am having facial hair issues. Not a lot of hair but 8-9 coarse hair on my chin. I have my thyroid levels normal (i got it tested after the problem occured). And no other menstrual irregularities. What could be the possible reason? are there any possibilities of having pcos even with normal menstual cycle? I want to undergo laser hair removal for that. What are the chances of its regrowth? and basically am a very hairy person. Thank you in advance:-)
Mera ovalution 18 Oct ko tha hmne 13,14,15 ko sex kiya uske baad nhi .to kya main pregnant ho skt hun.
The adage you are familiar with goes quite like, "all's well that ends well". However, when it comes to food and nutrition, the way you start your day is of considerable importance. Nutritionists, dieticians and doctors, in general, have repeatedly laid stress on the fact that breakfast is the most essential meal of the day. The reason behind such a prescription is simple; your body is provided with a light dinner sometime late in the evening. Dinner happens to be the last meal of the day. The digestive system is allowed to rest throughout the night until you wake up in the morning. Your digestive system therefore, breaks the fast with the first meal of the day and hence, the kind of food you intake in the morning is particularly vital in deciding the course of your overall digestive health.
Take a look at the following tips for a healthy start to your day:
- Oats can be your saviour: Have you been running away from a bowlful of bland tasting oats? You should perhaps encourage yourself to think about the wide range of advantages brewed and cooked in there and thus have this food for breakfast. Oatmeal is a great source of energy. It is a low calorie food option and helps in countering the effects of bad cholesterol. Oatmeal is also sought after for its lignan content that further defends the human body against various types of cancer.
- Try and have fresh fruits in combination with your first meal: Whatever you choose to have for breakfast must be complemented with fresh fruits. Fruits help in accelerating metabolic activity in your body providing you with energy received from the natural sugars present in a fruit. It is easier to digest fruits; grapefruits, lemons, oranges and berries should therefore be incorporated in your breakfast.
- Early morning tete-a-tete with tea: A cup of tea in the morning can prove to be useful in more than a couple of ways. Tea for long has been known to improve a person's health and protect him or her from diseases. Drinking tea can prevent the development of bacteria or virus inside your mouth; it also facilitates better functioning of your brain cells.
- Befriend eggs for their health benefits: Eggs for breakfast is the best way to balance your protein needs with your usual carbohydrate or fiber intake. Egg white supplies your body with calcium and are rich in antioxidants that defend your eyes against the harmful UV rays of the sun.