Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Swati Kher - TalekarYour feedback matters!
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum. The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include:
Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a wash cloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
C-Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movements which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
Dear Doctor, I love licking vagina, I lick it for a longer time and I am obsessed to it. Is it a normal practice if I continue to do so? 2) is is OK if I keep on sucking her boobs daily. I do it for a longer time she says the size will increase. I'm confused? please help.
According to research, 80% of women fail to reach the pinnacle of gratification during physical intimacy. Therefore, certain tips may come in handy for women when it comes to achieving an orgasm by making the man last longer.
- Indulge in foreplay: Foreplay is usually very helpful in making the man last longer than usual. According to a popular woman's magazine, alternating between the actual intercourse and foreplay might actually titillate the man's senses even more, which helps him last longer.
- Change positions: Changing positions frequently may also delay orgasm for the man, thus helping him to last longer. Certain positions are rather helpful in this regard, especially the ones which let the woman take charge of things in the bedroom.
- Take it slow: It might be useful for the couple to begin slowly and for the woman to take her time in exploring her partner's body. The idea here is to increase the pace gradually instead of getting too fast too soon.
- Try to take his mind off the action: It usually helps a man last longer in bed by taking his mind off the immediate act. This reduces the heightened levels of arousal, making him to last comparatively longer.
- Indulge in more "between the sheets" action: Having more sex causes the man to be more sexually experienced, thus making him out-last his previous standards.
- Some DIY can help you beat the clock: Masturbating more frequently increases a man's ability to hold off ejaculation. This habit, though in excess is bad for a man's libido, if practiced in moderation, can help him stretch his couch sessions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Am cured with my pcod and now am trying to loose some weight before trying to conceive. Is it ok to loose weight while trying to conceive. Can I still get pregnant with following a strict diet. Or I should not diet?
Iam 29 years in this month end iam getting married so I have one query need to avoid pregnancy up to 1 yr. In my first nte what precautions I need to follow whether condoms or pills just suggest me.
The term short stature describes the height of the person that is significantly below the average height for a person's age, sex, racial group, or family. Growth failure is often confused with short stature. Growth failure that occurs over time eventually results in short stature. By definition, growth failure is a medical condition. However, short stature is often a normal variant.
Short stature may or may not be a sign or symptom caused by a medical condition. Your child's growth must be assessed over a period of time and not just at a single point. Any departure from a prior growth pattern, appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease.
Short parents tend to have short children. Children with a family backgroud of short stature does not have any symptoms related to diseases that affect growth. Children with constitutional growth delay do not have any diseases. These children enter puberty later than their peers. However, because they continue to grow for a longer period of time, they catch up to their peers as they reach their adult height, which is normal and comparable to their parents.
Some symptoms may signal a medical condition causing short stature. The following symptoms should be further investigated by your doctor:
- Child has stopped growing or is growing slower than expected (less than 4 cm, or 2 in, each year in the pre-pubertal child of elementary school age)
- Weight loss or gain (more than 5 lbs in a month)
- Poor nutrition/loss of appetite
- Delayed puberty (absent breast development by age 14 or absent menstrual spotting by age 15 for a girl or absent enlargement of the testes by age 14 for a boy); note that the presence or absence of pubic hair is not a reliable sign of pubertal development
What Causes Short Stature?
The three major reasons for short stature are constitutional growth delay, genetics and disease.
Constitutional Growth Delay: Some children simply develop later than others. These children are often referred to as 'late bloomers'. These kids are small for their age and often enter puberty later. However, they'll continue to grow after their friends have stopped. They usually catch up by adulthood.
Genetics: If one or both parents are short, there's a strong possibility that their child will also be short. If there are no underlying medical reasons why either parent is short, their child's short stature may be perfectly healthy.
Disease: A number of diseases may cause unusually short stature. These diseases fall into several categories:
- Endocrine diseases affect hormone production and often height. These include growth hormone deficiency (GHD), hypothyroidism, or low thyroid hormone levels, and Cushing's disease.
- Chronic diseases can also decrease height through their effects on overall health. Examples of chronic disease are heart disease, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, kidney problems, sickle cell anemia, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Genetic conditions that affect height include Down syndrome, Turner syndrome, and Williams syndrome.
- Bone and skeletal diseases, such as rickets or achondroplasia, may change stature through their effects on bone growth.
Problems during pregnancy can affect the height of a child. Malnutrition can also lead to short stature.
I want to know how can I avoid pregnancy without using condom. Is there any medicine which I or my wife can take before having sex to avoid pregnancy?
I am 23 years old. I have sex with mt girlfriend. But I have not use condom so you ask me I have in any problem?
Hello I am unmarried but I want to marry with my friend who is widow (husband died 2 years ago) having two cute girls and we plan to get married she is medically fit Please give me information about is there any chance of std's or hiv in our relationship or sexual life because of her earlier life.
I am 30 year old married. Trying to conceive from past 3 years. My doc prescribed me test in which one of the test AMH range came as 1 ng/ml. Is this okay? They r suggest for ivf now.
I am 18 years old last month's I got my period on 2 and these month still I did not get periods but I get lots of back pain. Before 6 months back doctor has told that hemoglobin level is low. There is any problem because of these.
Me and my girlfriend had sex without condom and she completed her periods 6 days before I pulled out my penis when I came. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife is 46yrs old. She is suffering with Adenomyosis for which extra bleeding occurs during the period. Is there any home or any pathy treatment without operation?
I am 28 years old married, last night I had unsafe sex with hubby but I'm a regular taker of acitrom tablet, my question is will I get pregnant now for doing unsafe sex?
Achalasia is a very rare disease. Normally, your esophagus squeezes food down by making the muscular valve in between the stomach and esophagus relax. Achalasia occurs when this muscular valve is unable to relax and thus the esophagus is unable to squeeze the food down. The most common reason why this happens is because the nerves in your esophagus are damaged. The nerves most commonly get damaged because of abnormalities in the way your immune system responds. Till now, there is no cure to achalasia; however, surgery or minimally invasive therapy can make the symptoms of achalasia more manageable. Here are all the causes and symptoms of achalasia:
- Difficulty swallowing: The difficulty you face when swallowing food is the most common symptom of achalasia. Both liquid as well as solid food will be hard to swallow.
- Regurgitation: If the food is regurgitating in the night, then the lungs may have been inhaling some food. This is very serious and you should see the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Chest pain: You may suddenly experience chest pain from a completely unknown cause.
- Weight loss: You may also suffer from sudden weight loss if you have achalasia. This is due to the reduced amount of food you will be consuming.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is when you have a very intense burning pain in your chest just behind your breastbone which is most commonly caused by regurgitation in your esophagus.
The exact cause of achalasia is not yet known. However, there are some theories on what causes achalasia. Here they are.
- Genes: The most common cause of achalasia is genes.
- Autoimmune disease: An autoimmune disease is when your immune system attacks your body's own cells. Achalasia is a type of autoimmune disease.
- Infection: There have also been a lot of claims that infections are the cause of achalasia.