Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwatiYour feedback matters!
My query is regarding conception. My wife does not want to take I pills due to side effects and I don't want to use condoms. are there other methods to stop pregnancy. I have read that 1 week before n after periods is safe but is it true. please guide me docs I am bit confused. Thank you.
My sister has become pregnant and in her legs a lot of swelling occurs and also pain what should we do? No other problem regarding routine checkup. Doctor avoided to use spray n move so any other optn.
My wife is 1.5 months pregnant. From last 4-5 days she is feeling bloated and constipated. She is drinking a lots of water and in food also we are taking care in eating leafy vegetables. But all this is not helping. Can she take isabagol etc to get some relief.
My mensuration cycle is not fixed in every month and my weight is increasing. How to decrease please suggest me?
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
She is seeing very weak she did not take any fruits and tablets and tonics she only take rice and pomegranates, and she wants to eat cerelac and she also like boost what I have to do if she has to become healthy and strong.
Actually she was suppose to get periods on 4 dec but she had sex with her hubby on 3 dec and till now shes not got her periods only a spotting was seen on 15 dec. Please advice is she pregnant.
WHY YOU NEED A FOOD COMBINING FOR A HEALTHY BRAIN
Even though we said nuts are nearly perfect, alone, they just don’t cut it. We need balance. That’s why we combine different foods at different times to get the best possible range of nutrients.
Don’t bother counting, however. As a nutritionist, even I can’t count all the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, carbohydrates, proteins, and sugars. And we aren’t meant to. Natural foods contain what we need when we need it.
Don’t rely on any particular food on this list. Keep switching out different ones so you get the best of all the nutrients. Try new foods, different vegetables, and different combinations.
Go with your taste buds. When you are studying, we often seek out sweets and stimulating foods. By using the foods on this list, you provide your body with healthy choices that really nourish you.
BRAIN FOOD SNACKS
The combination of fresh fruit with healthy nuts is one of the best snacks you can eat. A simple apple with walnut butter gives you lots of B Vitamins, healthy fats, and just a little bit of sugar. Apples also are packed with fast-acting anti-oxidants, so the stress of studying can be mitigated quickly. Just eat them alone. Or mix and match. Just make sure the brain food is the start of the show.
Brain Foods for exams
- It’s better to go into an exam on a less than full stomach than having just eaten. Our anxiety increases when we approach a test, and this anxiety slows or stops our digestive system. This is the main reason to go easy on food before an exam.
- An optimal breakfast would be a single egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and a few other vegetables. These are lower in sugars, and very high in nutrition. A bad breakfast would be a donut, sugary coffee, or cereal. These are high in sugars, which will give you a sugar crash later on, and very low in nutrition.
- Water is important. Keeping hydrated means your brain works optimally. A dehydrated brain is in pain, slow to react, and sensitive to loud noises and lights (a hangover is brain dehydration). Keep a large glass of water near you and refill it often.
- Smaller meals and frequent snacking is also good for studying. You don’t want to fill your stomach, because this causes your body to release hormones that cause drowsiness. You also don’t want to be hungry because that causes hormones that take your attention away from studying.
- To keep optimally studying, stick to the list of foods above and eat small portions often. That way, you keep your brain engaged, your stomach quiet, your nutrition and sugars high, and your distractions low.
- EGGS: B12. You can’t find it anywhere naturally other than in the flesh of other animals. That’s why vegetarians get so sick after a few years.. B12 is perhaps The vitamin for energy, since we are unable to make energy without it.
- Dark leafy vegetables
all dark greens are packed with Vitamin K and nitrates. Naturally occurring nitrates are bound to other vital nutrients and are healthy for our systems. Chemical nitrates, like what are found in lunch meats and preserved foods, actually destroy the blood-brain barrier and cause ‘leaking’ into the brain. Not something you want. The vitamin K is necessary for blood clotting, It’s also one of the vital nutrients for the formation of new neuropathways. You are physically able to learn when you have enough vitamin K in your system.
- DARK CHOCOLATES:
It’s rich in fiber, iron and magnesium, which all help the brain receive blood flow. The flavonols in dark chocolate increase blood flow, and the function of the heart, which can improve memory. It also contains the stimulants caffeine and theobromine. It’s better than coffee!
- PUMPKIN :
This one is a must for men. They contain several fats that are important for brain health, like ELA and ALA. They are also packed with zinc. Men lose more zinc than women, since zinc is a large component to seminal fluids. During stre1ssful times, we use more zinc in our bodies and men lose more seminal fluids. If you eat your pumpkin seeds, you have a fast replacement, and this allows you your stress release and keeps your body sharp.
- YOGHURT :
Ever have a gut feeling? That’s the billions of bacteria in your gut reacting to what’s happening. When the good bacteria are in charge, you feel good, have energy, and digest foods without issues. When the bad bacteria are in charge, you are tired, vomiting, have indigestions, and pain. Yogurt contains billions of good probiotics that replace some of the bad bacteria in our gut. Properly fermented yoghurt (not what is in the tiny containers) is packed with the bacteria, plus thousands of nutritive by-products of the fermentation cycle that help heal our gut. While yogurt alone won’t give you a brain boost, it helps to fix problems and is a great carrier for other brain foods like…
- APPLES :
Yes, it can keep the doctor away, or at least the memory doctor. Apples contain high levels of acetylcholine, increasing movement and sensory perception. Apples also reduce anxiety, improve cognitive performance. Another study showed students who eat an apple at lunch show as much as a 7 point increase in test scores during afternoon exams.
- BLUEBERRIES :
Studies show that blueberries boost concentration and memory for up to five hours because the antioxidants in blueberries stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to [your] brain – and keep the mind fresh. Blueberries also contain a cocktail of anti-oxidants including anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, resveratrol and tannins, and while I’m not going to even pretend I know what those are, they have been shown to boost focus, and even protect against cancer, heart disease, and dimensia.
- GREENTEA :
Green tea helps you focus for two reasons: one, it contains caffeine, and two, it contains l theanine. There is no doubt that caffeine helps you focus and improves your alertness. It’s an ingredient that’s been shown to increase alpha-wave activity, which increases tranquility and releases caffeine more slowly, instead of all at once, which can lead to you crashing. The two ingredients also combine to produce a better ability to focus attention, with improvement of both speed and accuracy, If you’re able to handle the caffeine content, introducing green tea into your diet is pretty much a no-brainer.
- NUTS BEST BRAIN FOOD :
There are so many nuts and they are all good for you. Packed with nutrients, fats, and a tiny bit of carbohydrates, these foods are nature’s energy packages. They are easy to eat, easy to incorporate into other healthy foods, and easily portable.
They promote natural waste removal processes in the brain.
Boost anti-inflammatory activity in brain.
Cause faster processing and information storing.
Have antidepressant effect
Good source of vitamin B6
Can lift your mood
Enhance problem solving skills
If you notice on the list above, there isn’t a single processed food, pill, or artificial ingredient. So far, man has not met the perfect of nature. We just can’t figure out how it all works together to get something that nutritious in such a delicious package. So, we say the worst brain food is anything packaged. If it’s in a package, it’s not food, it’s a food-product. It’s a subtle difference, we can eat food-products, we just can’t get nutrition out of them.
If you aren’t getting nutrition out of your foods, your brain isn’t getting the nutrition it needs to really think. Plus, processed foods are packed with chemicals, preservatives, pesticide residues, and possibly unknown GMOs. Your body has to fight these and that means less energy for your brain.
Hello Doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. Is it advisable and safe to have sex during pregnancy? We don't use condoms. Is it harmful? Please advise me some do's and don'ts. Thank you.
Due to high stress my periods were late. I took primult n and in an hour I got periods and lasted for an hour hardly. Did primult n stopped my already started period. If so when will be my next period. Will it come in normal cycle. It has been 7 days since I took tablet. I am not married yet so no risk of pregnancy also. Please confirm when will be next period approximately.
The problem of abdominal pain is very common in pregnant women. Almost every woman faces this problem at some point during pregnancy. It mostly occurs due to changes in the body for having to accommodate the new baby. While some pains are harmless and go away without much bother, some pains can be a real threat. As an expectant mother, it is important to recognize the symptoms and visit your doctor if you experience persistent discomfort during pregnancy.
Some common causes of abdominal pain:
Round Ligament Pain- This pain is harmless and is commonly witnessed during the sixth to ninth month of pregnancy. This pain occurs due to the stretch of the two large ligaments running from the uterus to groin. This pain is sharp and stabbing. It is often felt while changing sides during sleep.
Constipation and Gas- Gas is a common problem during pregnancy. This is a result of increased production of progesterone. The latter is responsible for slowing down the gastrointestinal tract resulting in the slow movement of food inside the body. Few best ways to refrain from this problem are drinking plenty of water, eating food rich in fiber content and exercising.
Braxton Hicks- Such type of pain feels like contractions but in reality, it is nothing more than mild discomfort. This is a condition where the stomach muscle tightens and gives a hard and firm feeling. Doctors are of the view that Braxton Hicks result from dehydration and hence drinking lots of water is necessary to prevent this kind of pain.
Some serious pain that needs medical attention:
Placental Abruption- It is a condition where the uterus gets detached from the placenta. Common symptoms include abdominal pain and breakage of water. It is a life-threatening condition and needs immediate medical care.
Urinary Tract Infection- UTI is easily treatable. If ignored, it can lead to serious complications. One common symptom is a lower abdomen pain accompanied with fever, sweats, and nausea.
Ectopic Pregnancy- This is a condition in which the egg does fail to get implanted in the uterus. This condition causes intense pain in the abdomen. This pain often surfaces during 6th to 10th week of pregnancy.
Preeclampsia- A Preeclampsia is characterized by the more than normal protein in the urine and abnormal blood pressure. This is experienced from the 20th week of pregnancy. Common symptoms are; pain in the abdomen, nausea and throwing up.
When to visit a Doctor?
If abdominal pain is accompanied by symptoms such as fever, burning sensation while urinating, bleeding from the uterus, vomiting and light-headedness, one should immediately contact a doctor to mitigate the risk of pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
People who have healthy sex life are not only happier but also healthier than those who don't. Here are 9 health benefits you never knew sex can provide -
1) Rocking Immune System: Regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) Lowers Blood Pressure: One landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) Great Exercise: Sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) Lowers Heart Attack Risk: Great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) Reduces Pain: Getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) Improves Sleep: People usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) Relieves Stress: Sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer: A study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) Helps Women's Bladder Control: Incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Persistent, recurrent problems with the sexual response, desire, arousal, orgasm or pain is medically known as female sexual dysfunction. More often than not greater than 1 problem co-exists that causes distress and also strains the relationship with one's partner.
Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus ( a non-coital involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetrate noncoital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).