Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SwatiYour feedback matters!
When a girl can be pregnant while unprotected sex? And when it is totally safe naturally to have unprotected sex?
Hi doctor we get recanalisation done about 1 and half year back my wife is now 40 yrs we are trying to have a baby her periods are normal but not conceiving can I know the reson please.
I'm 16 years old. Nd I have problem in my boobs. One boob is bigger than the other. Give me some suggestions to solve this problem.
Irregular period problem, when period comes flow is very less also the colour is very different. Have done required pregnancy and blood tests, reports states no pregnancy and all the blood tests are normal. As per ultrasound report-its PCOD.
After having unprotected sex for the first time my wife took I-pill. This was the first Time she took any kind of contraseptic pill! Her day for period this month was 27. She had that i pill yesterday now she is feeling drowsiness and headache! Are this symptoms common? Or serious and what changes would happen to her periods date?
I was married one year ago now I want to conceive and my husband doing masturbation. While we doing sex my vagina becomes tight. What can we do?
Hi I am 24 years female height 5.4 weight 65 kgs I look healthy I want to put down five kgs, please advice me a diet plan for a month. Please help me with the tips to keep myself motivated for this plan I am very foodie. Thank you.
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
Get cupping therapy treatment for:
- Back pain
- Cervical pain
- Knee pain
- Wrist pain
- Shoulder pain
- Leg pain
- Regaining immunity
- High bp
- High cholesterol
Sir naturally I eat apples rare. And papayas n bananas are in our home only. So will you give me the diet about these two. N these two will work for irregular periods those who have. Please give me the diet chart in a week how many we have to take. Thank u.
I have bartholin cyst. For that I have taken augmenting 625 mg, Emanzen d, rantac150mg 2times a day for 7 days. However my swelling is not reduced. I have consulted doctor three days back, she told me to continue with the medicines for another three days and told me that it will rupture on its own. But no improvement yet. Please advise.
Hi. My wife is pregnant now. Her LMP was 24 November 2015. Below is the TIFFA scan report taken on 14th April 2016. Please let me know if everything is good or something to worry about: Single Live foetus: B 4.4 cms 19-20 weeks F 3 cms 19-20 weeks H 16.5 cms 19 weeks A 13.7 cms 19 weeks Gestational age: 19-20 weeks Amniotic fluid: Normal Foetal weight: 290gms FHR: 144 beats/min Placenta: Posterior upper and lower segment grade 1 maturity Int. Os closed. CX canal measures 3.0cm FOETAL: Neural canal and ICVS: normal lateral ventricle at atrium level measures 7.0mm 3-4mm chord plexus cyst are seen in both lateral vent Posterior fossa is normal. Cisterna magna measures 4mm Spinal canal normal Facial profile: Appears normal Thorax: Normal. Situs with stomach and heart on same side Four chamber in heart normal. Inflow and outflow tracts are normal. No echogenic foci. Lungs are normal and echogenic Stomach bubble: Is seen and normal. GB is normal. No dilated bowel loops Foetal kidneys and bladder: Renal fossae appear normal. Renal pelvis 2-3mm on both sides. Bladder is seen. Foetal limb survey: Normal Umbilical cord: normal three vessel cord is seen.
Hello doctor. I am 31 Old. I have 5 years baby girl. We r planing for second baby. In 2011 by c section my baby was born. After that we not taking any precaution. But last 5 years my period cycling normal. Now we want second baby.
There is no reason to change or alter your sex life during pregnancy unless your doctor advises otherwise. Intercourse or orgasm during pregnancy will not harm your baby, unless you have a medical problem. Remember that your baby is well protected in your uterus by the amniotic fluid that surrounds him or her.
Your doctor may recommend not having intercourse early in pregnancy if you have a history of miscarriages. Intercourse also may be restricted if you have certain complications of pregnancy, such as pre-term labor or bleeding. You may need to ask your doctor to clarify if this means no penetration, no orgasms, or no sexual arousal, because different complications may require different restrictions.