Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati G AllahbadiaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pcos. Menses comes to me after every 2 or 3 months. This time menses came to me after 2 months and its continously bleeding from more than 30 days. I want to stop my bleeding. Please help.
I am addicted for eating raw rice how will recover from that can you suggest a valuable answer for me.
I have, hsv, igg positive herpes, the range is 2.7.so I'm afraid of it, is treatable forever and it's not transferable to others or contagious to my wife, but igm is negative, please explain in details about it.
I had gross hematuria last september and got cyst. CT scan etc. For past 10 months, having bloody semen with increasing frequency. What tests to get?
Before 1 year ago my wife was pregnant & child was miscarriage, she have one problem till now Something comes in Breast this is not like milk, but some like liquid. So please advice which type of medicine I preferred. Thanks.
My wife is pregnant she is 3 months carrying. She is vomiting daily. How to stop vomiting and for how many months will vomiting will stops. What are the precautions we should take.
My wife is 24 years old. We have one baby of 2 years old. She is breastfeeding the baby. Since one month my wife is feeling some complications like weakness, headache, weight loss, fatigue, swelling on leg below the knee and wrist below the elbow. I consulted a lady doctor and also get check up the hgb test. Hgb level found above 11.5. The doctor recommended syrup for iron and some medicine also. Since my wife's leg below the knee and wrist developed swelling, the doctor recommended some medicine too. One month is over since consulted to the doctor. Swelling is under control now but my wife suffers consistently loose motion on every two days and develops gas too.
I have pain in my lower abdomen often. During periods the pain is unbearable and the flow is heavy. This is since my delivery which was cesarean in the year 2006.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy
I had a c section before 12 days my bleeding was stopped on 7today n on 12today it started bleeding more is it normal.
Dear doctor, im suffering from irregular periods since starting menstrual cycle begin, im married 1 year, my periods every month between 30 to 40 days, I want to get pregnant please help me please save my life please want can I do to get pregnancy nd diz month periods came ,after 45 days over nd bleeding is not came very little amount brown bleeding is over wat hap to me.
I feel less energetic and drowsy all the time situation become worse during my periods I feel very weak in normal days also pain in my joints and head is becoming very common tell me what's the reason of this and how to improve this.
I am 19 year old boy and at what time of month should I have sex with may partner so that she does not get pregnant, and what is the minimum time I should last. Any sex position.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
Hello my age is 26 year old last night I had sex with my husband recently we got married, between intercourse my period started is their any chance to get pregnancy. What should I do if my pregnancy starts.
Hello, we are couple had regular intercourse and did not missed middle 6-10 days of intercourse. My wife has to get her period on 23 march, 2016 and she did not had her period and after 7 days she has a bleeding. We are confused that is it a sign of period or other. We had hopes this time she is late for 7 days and we thought she is pregnant but all of sudden she had bleeding, please help us with this query.
I have a sexual problem. I recently had sexual intercourse with my partner, and since then I am experiencing vaginal pain and burn. It burns when I urinate. This wasn't the first time I had intercourse, but such kind of pain hasn't occurred before. Please help.
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!