Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati G AllahbadiaYour feedback matters!
Can a pregnancy test be done only once the period is missed? Or can it be done one week after the act?
I've a regular 30 days cycle, from last 2 months we're trying to conceive, but I'm getting my period 3-4 days earlier, I'm worried.
My wife is 3 months pregnant she is not able eat normal food, what kind of food she must eat for baby to grow healthy, she can drink pure cow milk brought from dairy.
Now am in 38 days periods late. Today I went to laboratory to take pregnancy test but the result is negative. What to do?
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My problem is irregular periods, well I gone to hospital and took tests. Everything is normal but the problem is hormonal imbalance. So the doctor said, even after completing tablets for hormonal imbalance you can't treat permanent solution. Is that true? What should I do now?
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
No Periods I had sex on 14 June and my period was due to 19 june its been 20 days I haven't got my periods. There was a change in my schedule as I was travelling alot than usual and because of this my diet became irregular. I even had pregnancy test on 1st July and it came out negative. Can I still be pregnant? To get periods can I have Meprate 10 mg tablets without any doctor consultation. Ar they safe?
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Most deep vein clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. If the vein swells, the condition is called thrombophlebitis. A deep vein thrombosis can break loose and cause a serious problem in the lung, called a pulmonary embolism.
Sitting still for a long time can make you more likely to get a DVT. Some medicines and disorders that increase your risk for blood clots can also lead to DVTs. Common symptoms are
- Warmth and tenderness over the vein
- Pain or swelling in the part of the body affected
- Skin redness
Treatment includes medicines to ease pain and inflammation, break up clots and keep new clots from forming. Keeping the affected area raised and applying moist heat can also help. If you are taking a long car or plane trip, take a break, walk or stretch your legs and drink plenty of liquids.
I am 8 month pregnant and facing burning sensation in upper abdomen. Can you suggest the reason for the same.
Will doctor say if I am pregnant by checking my body because my urine pregnancy test kit said negative. I have my regular periods and thyroid is normal and also prolactin is also normal. No periods for 7 days. So If I go to the doctor and will they be able to the result.
Had periods on 5.01& then 18.02. Had protected sex on 14,21 March. No periods since then. What could be the reason. Any chance of pregnancy? Highly irregular periods.
I just want to ask that after breastfeeding breasts gets loose in that case what should I do to bring my breast in original shape.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment includes infusion of the patient's own particular platelets and fibrin for the corrective treatment of wrinkles or scars in the face, hands, and neck. Referred to some as the "vampire facelift", it is less intrusive than plastic surgery, takes around 20 minutes for every treatment, and offers enhancements for up to year and a half.
Definition of PRP Therapy technique for enhancing facial appearance
PRP is safe and fast readiness of platelet-rich fibrin lattice, which is a sort of regenerative solution that utilizations platelets to restore the skin.
PRP Treatment is utilized cosmetically to treat volume misfortune in the face, hands, and neck - especially the crepey skin under the eyes and neck - and in addition wrinkles, acne scarring, and stretch marks.
Through what components do infusions of PRP reestablish facial appearance?
Platelets assume a part in ceasing draining and in repairing harmed veins and cells in the body. Platelets additionally contain substances called "development calculates" that initiate and revive cells in our body. Not at all like fillers that utilization different engineered substances, patient's common science to address skin deformities and volume misfortune, activating creation of new cells and collagen arrangement.
To what extent does the system take, and how it is performed?
PRP is a snappy 20-minute strategy. After 9 cm3 of blood (roughly 1 vial) is drawn from the patient, it is spun down in an axis for 6 minutes at a pre-calculated speed to recover the most reasonable fibrin and platelets. After centrifugation, the platelet and fibrin segment of the blood (the top layer) is separated and re-injected into the range of concern region.
What kind of results can by and large be normal?
The outcomes are unobtrusive, with slow change in the infused range over a 3-to 5-week time span. Full rectification happens at 4-7 weeks and can keep going the length of year and a half.
What are the Risks or Intricacies?
Since, this filler is produced using the patient's own particular blood, there is no hazard for dismissal, disease, or an unfavorably susceptible response.
For what sorts of patients is this strategy most and minimum reasonable?
Any patient who wishes to diminish volume misfortune, almost negligible differences, and textural changes of the skin is reasonable for this system. It additionally offers to the patient who is searching for a characteristic way to deal with volumizing the face and treating or diminishing scarcely discernible differences.
To what extent changes are kept up? In the event that important, can the technique be rehashed, and assuming this is the case, with what foreseen result?
PRP can be rehashed, and better outcomes are seen with an aggregate of 2-3 medicines given 3-4 months separated. Patients can hope to see better outcomes as they get more medicines. With time, the aftereffects of PRP show signs of improvement and better.
How does PRP treatment contrast and infusions of filler, Botox, or surgical facelifts?
This methodology can be consolidated with dermal fillers, Botox infusions, and laser surgery, and in addition facial surgery. PRP fabricates tissue after some time, though customary filler separates after some time.
In what circumstances may PRP treatment in addition to filler infusions be useful?
It is pleasant to layer PRP with conventional fillers. On the off chance that a patient has volume misfortune with a considerable measure of scarcely discernible differences and textural transforms, it is useful to make another establishment of collagen and utilize dermal fillers for the almost negligible differences.
What is your general assessment of the part that PRP treatment ought to play in facial restoration?
PRP treatment is extremely encouraging in facial restoration. Results are ideal when patients get a mix of PRP, dermal fillers, and laser treatment.