Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swati
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SwatiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have been suffering from hair loss please suggest me some good solution so that my hair loss may be stopped.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see my change what should I do?
I am using skintight cream fir 2 years and after knwng abut the side effects of this I am stopped using it but after some time my kine become darker and darker day by day soo can you please tell me the solution for this please doctors I need help doctor.
Hello dear doctor I have seborrheic dermatitis since 16 years only on scalp and it can be permanent cured or not. please tell. How can I cured this chronic disease. In. Winter it becomes worse.
Hello! My guy Friend. Shivam (22) has done permanent straightening on his hair 15 days ago. His hair Dresser said. That he has got his hair overheated by the equipment during straightening. We do not know the reason. His hair are falling terribly after the straightening. Is this normal? What do I do stop this. Please suggest! What oil to use. What to put to stop hair fall?
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
A little bit of sun is always good for you and you do need sunlight for your body to process vitamin D, which is necessary for bone health. At the same time, the ultraviolet rays from the sun can be detrimental for your health. While being in the sun is not a bad thing, how long you stay in the sun and how well you are protecting yourself count. Prolonged and unprotected sun exposure harms your skin and can decrease the immunity function of the skin.
Some effects of sun exposure include:
- Development of cancerous and non-cancerous skin lesions
- Benign tumours
- Coarse and fine wrinkles
- Mottled pigmentation (Skin discoloration in certain areas)
- Sallowness (The colour of the skin turns yellow)
- Telangiectasia (Expansion of blood vessels under your skin)
- Elastosis (Destruction of the collagen and elastic tissue)
The most harmful effect of sun exposure is definitely skin cancer. It is the uncontrolled development of anomalous skin cells is skin cancer. This accelerated development leads to formation of tumours, which are either malignant (cancerous) or benign (noncancerous). Skin cancer is mainly of 3 types: basal cell carcinoma, melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Among these, squamous cell and basal cell carcinoma are less critical; while melanoma is very serious. When melanoma is left untreated, it can affect the other organs and get difficult to treat. UV rays are the major causes of skin cancer. Sun exposure over the years leads to squamous cell and basal cell carcinoma, while severe sun damage episodes before the age of 18 cause melanoma.
Here are some tips to prevent sun damage:
- Always apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you go out, even if it is cloudy. A sunscreen with SPF of 30 or more, and zinc oxide is advisable if you want optimum sun protection. Also, you should reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, especially if you are swimming or sweating.
- Select cosmetic products, contact lenses and clothing that offer protection from UV rays.
- Choose sunglasses that offer total protection from UV rays. Also, wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your neck and face.
- Avoid direct exposure during harsh hours like between 10.00 and 3.00PM. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.