Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwathiYour feedback matters!
Sir, Yesterday day I have unprotected sex with my partner. Present we haven't plan a child. Please how to avoid this one. Could you please give me precautions to stop pregnant in this period.
I do not understand you answer. Could you please explain it clearly to me. I want to tighten my vagina muscles.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm.
Internet porn is the new drug
The easy availability and the dependence on internet porn to get a quick fix of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many people. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has become a mental disorder as well.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of effects of the porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends among many others
It is thus, imperative that you seek sexologist help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
I am in 3rd Trimester, having dizygotic twins. I am starting to have Diarrhea. What should I do to stop it?
Got married last month .We don't want baby now. Which is the best way to prevent pregnancy except condom and pills. Is it true that pills are very harmful?
I had a missed abortion happened 2 months ago. I had gained 5 kgs during pregnancy. Now I want to loose it but it seems difficult. L am doing daily 40 minutes walk with light exercises. please suggest how to loose it fast.Please tell.
Last time my periods came early 16th April 2016 because I took I pill. My period cycle is 25 nd 26 but this time my periods are not coming what should I do please Dr. Suggest me.
Hi I'm 29 years man last month I went for sex with my wife but both we are not get any bleeding may be I done sex wrong and she didn't get any pain can you suggest me. In this sex I used condoms with my partner and I need which branded condoms are available for women.
What are the best ways for abortion if a girls is 3 weeks pregnant. As I had sex 3 weeks ago she has not yet got her periods. Any natural way which can help? Please suggest.
I have received a family regrouping visa from my husband to enter Spain. Next procedure what I have to do nd where I have to do for my medical. Let me know that procedure.
Hi sir please give me some diet chart so that it help to regulate my periods. Even I dnt hv any an idea wht is right or wrong for me in diet .So please kindly help me sir.
Hello sir I ask one ques. My wife pregnant from 5 months. I do not know how I manage these conditions. Can you suggest me how I can handle it.
I am 22 years old my last period was on 2 may and 8 th may I took pill after 7 days I had withdrawal bleeding on 14 th may and my next period date on 14 th June am waiting for my period so I took papayas like some still I dnt get my period it's means am pregnant or not pls help me in this am waiting .wt to do for my period.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf during her first day of menstruation which came 4 days earlier and I ejaculated inside her vagina so is there any chances of getting her pregnant?
Can the swelling in fallopian tubes be reduced naturally. If yes what should be done so that I can conceive.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have irregular periods and bloated stomach. I get periods only when I take tablets and that too lasts only for 2 days and the bleeding is also so little. I have visited gynecologist she has given me tabs then she took a blood test where hb% was 10 later she advice me to visit her when I get my periods so yesterday I visited her she advice me for a test RBS which I have taken she was saying its hormonal test bt when I went through the net it showed dat it is sugar test so please may I knw which test is RBS? n also please tell me is there any serious problem bcz I have read somewhere tgat bloated stomach and irregular periods are sign of ovarian or othr type of cancer. please do reply. Thank you in advance.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend day before yesterday but he did NOT finish inside me. I took an I pill immediately after that. The day I had sex was the 17th day after my last period (fertile window). Also I suffer from PCOS. Is there anything to worry about? My next period is due on 18th but I am always irregular. Please help.
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B 12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.