Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwathiYour feedback matters!
We all heard some where that fiber is good for health and one should eat food which is rich in fiber. But how fiber help us to live healthy?
1 fibers form bulk of stool so it help in regulation of bowl movement. So help in constipation.
2 it gives us satiety value. Means high fiber food is not easy to digest, by eating small amout your hunger get satisfied and you will not become immediately hungry. So overall you eat less. Which help to maintain your body weight
3 it is also help in absorption of nutrients
4 it reduces post prandial plasma glusose and increase tissue insulin sensitivity. Which is very helpful in diabetes.
Food rich in fibers are
Whole wheat product, bajara, ragi, maize, green leafy vegetables, fruits with skin, seed
Also oats, whole pulses, isabgol, whole grain are rich source of fiber.
I am 6 weeks post-partum, breastfeeding, me and my husband had unprotected sex tonight, my doctor had given me n-ethi tabs to stop bleeding. I wanna know which pills I can take to avoid pregnancy?, would I really be pregnant, please prescribe a pill.
Hello doctors, I am studying MBBS. My sister aged 28 has been detected with 2 uterine fibroids. One fibroid sized 7 cm is located in right lateral uteral wall. Treatment prescribed was MRgFUS in women centre, coimbatore by famous Gynaecologist. My sister is planning for baby. Will this treatment will affect pregnancy? Any side effects? Any hidden truths? Thank you doctors for great service.
I am having my marriage after 2 months. N I have hypothyroidism. N cyst in left ovary. I am not having period since 4 months. please suggest me any plan and a proper diet chart bcoz I must loose wt before my marriage .and I am staying in hostel ,east zone. So keep that in mind. Thank you.
Duphaston 10 mg tab. & Jigest 10 mg tab. Kya dono medicine ka same work hai? Meri wife karib 2 months se duphaston & susten medicine kha rahi hai. Usko ye medicine kabtak leni hai. Meri wife ko December me abortion hua tha. Ab August ko 3 months ho jayenge bo pregnant hai.
1. Appetite Problem - Make a paste of citron adding rock salt in it and take it daily. Or take ginger chips with lemon and rock salt before Meal.
2. Chronic constipation : In condition as stool are the location in intestion since long, has to take garlic in additional quantity in diet regularly.
3 Fracture - In any type of fracture tie a bandage first and take laxadi gugal or abhadi gugal 2 tabs twice a day which can make healing faster
4. Rheumatoid Arthritis - In the case of Rheumatoid Arthritis there is a lots of pain and swelling in small joints which increased in morning. In this type of condition start castor oil one spoon with decoction of Dry ginger once a day. And apply Dry ginger and Gugal as paste.
I am trying to conceive. So doc has prescribed me siphene 100 for 5 days and HCG injection on 12 the day as I ovulate on 14th day. Is there any substitute of HCG injections. I mean oral tablets etc. Coz I don't have a doc nearby.
Eating healthy food item like fruits, green leafy vegetables, salad etc. We have always been hearing this from our elders about how a healthy body is key to a healthy mind. Trying to define health in a sentence is possible, but not justifiable because it is an umbrella term for a lot of aspects of our life. Being healthy is that state of our existence where we are happy, content and at the epitome of our fitness. Life is too short to fret over things that make us unhappy, so taking decisions that would make us content mentally and physically is the first step to attaining a healthy lifestyle. Now, one could easily start a debate here stating how eating unhealthy food or indulging in unhealthy habits also make people happy. Yes, they do, but that is a momentary gratification and with one single life, it is essential to think long-term.
This article will have certain tips that could help an individual fall right on track if he/she wants to jumpstart their healthy lifestyle.
- Eating healthy food items, should not feel or look like restriction. It should be a mentality, a lifestyle rather than being a meaningless difficult regimen.
- In order to avoid unhealthy snacking, it would be a good idea to keep those kinds of food away from the visual arena.
- It is not necessary to entirely cut off the love for sweets. It would be great to eat strategic sweets like dark chocolate to fulfil the cravings and not feel guilty about it.
- Carrying homemade lunch is a very good idea to keep oneself away from unhealthy restaurant food. The best part about this is that a lot of money is saved.
- Proper strategies can definitely get us going. For example, the veggies we eat do not necessarily need to be tasteless. In fact, adding some spices or sauces (made from vinaigrette and different seasonings) can not only make the food taste great, but also help bring out the innovations inside us.
- One great way we can keep ourselves motivated is by talking about the dietary plans and goals with a friend and discussing the major healthy lifestyle changes that have already been taken care of.
- Keeping a journal about the progress and also rewarding oneself on reaching small goals are amazing ways to keep going.
There are numerous tips for a healthy lifestyle, but one important advice is to avoid alcohol and also other addictive substances like nicotine (which means smoking cigarettes). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Here are some treatments and symptoms of PCOS
Symptoms and Treatments for PCOS
Hi! I’m Dr. Chhavi Bansal and I’m practicing Homeopathy at Homeosure-Home of Homeopathy and Wellness, Pitampura.
I’ll be discussing about Polycystic Ovarian Disease today.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease has become the single most common hormonal imbalance of the reproductive age group and has become the major cause of infertility in this age group.
It roughly affects every one in five women of reproductive age group. PCOD is commonly known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which means a group of symptoms which categorize PCOD.
The symptoms can be – most importantly, it is weight gain especially round or middle, acne or oily skin, hirsutism (development of hair on face), thinning of scalp hair or loss of scalp hair, infrequent menstruation cycle and subfertility.
How is PCOD diagnosed?
According to Rotterdam criteria, two of the following three diagnostic criteria should be present in a patient to diagnose her as suffering from PCOD. These diagnostic criteria includes –
Firstly, presence of signs and symptoms in a patient or elevation of male hormones in the blood test.
Secondly, infrequent or no ovulation.
Thirdly, presence of polycystic ovaries in an ultrasound.
In an ultrasound, development of more than 10 follicles ranging from 2 to 9 millimeters in diameter or ovarian volume more than 10 cubic centimeters signifies the presence of polycystic ovaries.
Now, coming to the management of Polycystic Ovarian Disease. Apart from medicinal interventions, weight loss have shown remarkable changes in the ovarian functions and in almost 30 percent of the cases, no other medicinal intervention was required if the patient maintains her weight. But it is also being found that in 50 percent of females suffering with PCOD are not overweight so there is one more factor to PCOD that is higher level of blood glucose.
So, if a patient manages to lose her weight and control her blood glucose, it will definitely help her maintain and manage her PCOD in a very well way.
Harms of PCOD - In a long run a patient suffering from PCOD can develop a lot many complications, like a patient can develop metabolic syndrome, she can have high levels of triglyceride and cholesterol , she can develop diabetes mellitus and she can develop high BP as well.
Apart from these, PCOD has been the major cause of infertility these days so it leads to subfertility in most of the females.
Coming to the dietary management of the PCOD. It has been found that people who take more of omega-3 fatty acids in fruits and vegetables, they stimulate their synthesis of sex hormone binding globulin which helps you prevent and maintain your PCOD.
Other dietary advises include cutting down alcohol, caffeine intake, quitting smoking, decrease intake of saturated fats, cutting down your trans fats and cutting down your artificial sweeteners intake.
Now, coming to the Homeopathic management of PCOD, the root cause of PCOD lies in the hormonal imbalance or hormonal dysfunctioning of the body and so, from this root cause, it is easily perceived that this constitutional disease requires constitutional treatment.
Homeopathy has treated thousands of cases of PCOD and has brought stability in the menstrual cycles of lot many females in the shortest possible time.
If you have any other query related to Polycystic Ovarian Disease, feel free to consult me through Lybrate.
Dr. muzhe vometing head pain and back pain bahut hey tablet lenese utna hi farak padta hai fir vometing hoti hi hai kya main pregnent ho sakti hu.
There are many health benefits of donating blood which include good health, reducing the risk of cancer along with hemochromatosis. Moreover, blood donation is good for the normal functioning of pancreas and liver. With the blood donation, an individual can improve the cardiovascular health as well as reduce the risk of obesity.
Every day blood transfusions take place saving millions of life on earth. And the best part is that blood donation is good for the donor. It is crucial for the blood donation to take place in a medical facility under the supervision of experts. The donors must ensure that they are in optimum health conditions for avoiding any health issues after the transfusion is completed.
Benefits of donating blood:
There are numerous benefits of blood donation, and some of them include-
- Hemochromatosis: The health benefits of blood donation reduce the risk of developing hemochromatosis. It is a disorder which arises owing to excessive absorption of iron in the human body. This condition can be inherited through the genes or may also be triggered by uncontrolled alcoholism, chronic anaemia and other health problems. One should take part in blood donation on a regular basis for the reduction of iron overload.
- Anti cancer health benefits: Donating blood at regular intervals can also lower the risk of cancer. After donating blood, the iron stored in the body is maintained at healthy levels. The reduction in the iron concentrations in the body is also connected with reduced risk of cancer and thus helps keep cancer at bay.
- Good for liver and heart: Blood donation is useful for reducing the risk of heart and liver disorders which are triggered by the iron overload in the body. Only a limited amount of iron can be absorbed by the body, and the rest starts accumulating in the heart, pancreas and lungs. This can pave the way for liver failure and cirrhosis, damage to the pancreas and complications in the heart such as irregular heart rhythms. The blood donation helps in maintaining the optimum iron levels as well as reduces the risk of different ailments.
- Helps in weight loss: Regular blood donation also helps in weight of the donors. This is great for those who are overweight and obese. It is advantageous for those who are suffering from cardiovascular and other health disorders.
- Production of new cells: After the donation of blood, the body starts working for replenishing the loss of blood. This helps in stimulating the production of new blood cells and in turn aids in the maintenance of good health.
It is imperative to note here that to enjoy the benefits of blood donation, an individual has to wait for eight weeks after a session of whole blood donation. Also, it is crucial to wait for 16 weeks in between the power red blood donation. One should always consult with the doctor to be sure that he or she is fit for donating blood and should avoid it while suffering from any disorders or infections.
Hi doc, I have irregular periods since 2 months. Dec 30 was my due date I still did not get period. I am not pregnant either as it came negative with hpt Hence please help me as what is the status now.
I am. Suffering from pcod since 2 years I take metformin about 22 months but since two months my blood sugar is getting low then I stop metformin my whole body is shivering and heart beating increasing never before has been happened me 2 days before my both bp. And sugar was low den doctor admitted me but jus gv only saline 2 bottles I do today sugar fasting it show 91.7 and hba1c 5.2 what shall I do I am. So tensed please suggest me any medicine so that my sugar level will be ok.
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infections that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene. The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products. Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing. Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex. Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex. Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups. The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.