Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwathiYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 yr old. At the time of periods my stomach pains too much it's really uncontrollable & because of that stomach pain vomiting occur about 4-5 times. The 1st day of period I can't get up from the bed. What can I do for it.?
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.
After eating something spicy especially non veg, or drinking aerated drink immediately within 1/2 hr or so she feels uneasy her stomach starts burning. Sometimes she even vomits the thinks she ate and cannot consume anything even water for 1-3hr. She is not acidic. Feels normal when she eats home made food.
Do I have vaginismus I can't bear the pain rather I haven't been able to have proper penetrative sex yet I can't bear the pain and he can't penetrate more than an inch inside me Coz I just can't bear it
I had mastitis post delivery in one of my breast. Its been 3 years now but it pains sometimes. It's not severe though. Is it just hormonal.
If the egg is released on the ovulation period. Time span of the egg is 12 to 24 hours. After expired the egg is alive are not. And how much time to participate in sex to get pregnant. My mensuration cycle is 28 days. At which place the egg will be fertilized. My last period of first day is 25th Dec 2015. I am 23 years old, female. My last period of 1st day is 25th Dec 2016. We should plan for babies after 5 years. Unfortunately we participating sex (less than 5 minutes) on 17-jan 2017. After one day (Wednesday) I got a blood in the urine. Doctors said that it is a urine infection (hematuria. Is there any chances to get pregnant in this situation.
Hello sir/ mam, My wife is 25 years old. It's been 6 months for our marriage. My concern is about my wife. Actually she feels pain in near area of heart and also on right side of chest. Pain is deep inside. Once she feels the pain in the chest, after some time she omits the blood. I'm very worried about the same and consulted from experts but still she faces same problem. Please provide me solution. I really need it. Important points: 1. She had eaten 6 tablets of nitrovate 4 years before, and on next day she had omitted blood first time. 2. Whenever we get into arguments, even if it is too small, she feels heart pain, and later on blood omitting. 3. She is now pregnant of 3 months.
Hello. I was on duphaston since feb 20 then I got my periods on march 20. I stopped duphaston in 10 days then I got my periods on 10 april. Today I am having very little brown discharge and now it stopped. What is the cause. I am not sexually active. When will I have my period. Can a dog make a girl pregnant? My friend said it's possible.
Hello doctor. I am 11 weeks pregnant, from last 2 weeks getting different type of sensation on my back. Its lik electric shock feeling. Frequently im getting this typ of feeling. I dnt kno how to determine this. I do not kno any other name to mention fa it. Im getting this kind of shooting pain wen I walk. Why im getting this kind of sensation on my back. I am scared pls any body help me.
Elbow pain may be caused due to a variety of reasons from injuries to fractures and ligament pulls or tears. This is most commonly experienced by people who are into sports, including those who play tennis, golf and other such sports that require intense arm movements.
So, let us look at the six most common reasons behind elbow pain:
- Medial Epicondylitis: This condition creates pain in the inner tendon within the elbow and is usually termed as 'golfer's elbow'. It basically occurs due to the constant swinging and throwing motion that a sports person may indulge in. When these movements are repeated on a constant basis, there is wear and tear as well as acute pain in the area. Also, an injury to the wrist can cause this pain in the elbow.
- Lateral Epicondylitis: This condition is commonly known as 'tennis elbow'. The affected area under this condition includes the outside tendons of the elbow. This is caused due to swinging, hitting, hammering and punching motions that are repeated too often. It is commonly experienced by cooks, artists, carpenters, automobile workers, and plumbers and people who use heavy tools.
- Olecranon Bursitis: This condition is also known as 'student's elbow' and usually occurs due to constant writing and gripping motion which affects the bursae. These are small fluid filled sacs that lubricate the joints even as the protection happens. The symptoms include swelling and pain. There is also risk of infection and redness in this condition.
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage of the joints gets affected in this condition which is the connective tissue that exists in the joints. This condition causes wear and tear of the joints and bones which leads to pain in the various areas including the elbow. Medication and physiotherapy are good measures for treatment.
- Fracture: Sometimes, dislocation or fracture may lead to pain in the outstretched arm or elbow. Dislocation may take place when a bone moves from its aligned spot. The symptoms will include obvious swelling and acute pain in the elbow.
- Ligament Damage: Strains and sprains in the ligaments within the elbow joint can lead to this damaging condition. Torn or stretched ligaments are the most common outcomes in this kind of injury and damage.
To find out which reason may be the culprit behind your elbow pain, you will need to see a general physician or an orthopaedic specialist who will run you through a series of tests and examinations including X rays, MRI scans and others in order to ascertain the cause and treatment. A sports injury specialist can also help in diagnosis and treatment.
Hi Doctor! I am 28 and recent report shows I don't have PCODs, irregular periods or no periods for long time have been a part of my life till now, but recent report shows I don't have PCODs and still I don't get periods. Is is dangerous - even worse than having PCODs and no periods? I am married since last year but we stay in different cities so my sex life is not that much. Is not having PCODs related to sex life, is this betterment because of this?
I am a 21 year female. I have pcos, diagnosed 3 months before. My periods came on 16 Sept and they were due again around 18th Oct (my bday). I took medicines to delay my periods (4 days=4pills) is 14 to 17oct. Had sex (pulled out) on 18th. Got my periods normally on 20th-24th Oct. Had sex again on 26th (pulled out) and just to be sure, I had an ipill on 27th. Now I got my periods again on 2 nov though it is comparatively browner this time. Is this something to worry about or just because of the pills and pcos and the diwali and exam stress and exertion? Also I had been going to the gym but due to things, have missed it for 10-12 days now. Could this also be a factor? Please help asap.
Menopause is characterized by the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule as the 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Early menopause usually starts between the ages of 40 and 45. Untimely menopause begins significantly earlier, before the age of 40. Nevertheless, premature or early menopause is not that common with only about one percent of the women going through early menopause before the age of 40.
The signs and symptoms of early menopause are like the usual menopause. Some basic side effects include:
- Irregular periods (amenorrhea)
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood shifts
- Mental fogginess
- Diminished sex drive
Your specialist will suggest a treatment depending on your individual circumstances. Some common ways to deal with premature or early menopause are as follows:
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Supplements containing estrogen and progestin can help and replace some of your reproductive hormones in the body that can no longer make it all alone. They are frequently taken until the normal period of menopause (around 50) to help avoid bone loss. This treatment is not suggested for all ladies since it expands the danger of:
- Heart issues
- Blood clots
- Breast cancer
Supplemental Calcium and Vitamin D
Supplementary calcium and vitamin D can help in preventing osteoporosis in case you are not getting enough of these supplements from your normal diet. Women between ages 19 to 50 need to consume 1,000 milligrams of calcium for each day through food or supplements. Ladies over age 51 need to consume 1,200 milligrams for each day. A prescribed day-to-day measure of vitamin D has not yet been built up. For grown-up females, most specialists prescribe 600 to 800 global units through food or supplements. One should get a prescription from a doctor before ingesting the medication.
Other strategies to deal with Infertility
A few ladies with untimely menopause can at present get pregnant with no treatment. Ladies who want to have children, however, tend to become infertile after early or untimely menopause, need to consider in-vitro treatment, fertilization or even adoption.
Numerous ladies discover that having a conversation with a therapist can be supportive to adapt to their anxiety. It helps them release their pent up emotions and gives the clarity and satisfaction about their problems. Talk therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy are always beneficial since they help in addressing the symptoms and side effects that a woman may be going through emotionally when it comes to early menopause.