Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swarupa KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old male and I am losing my hair form the sides. As of now the effect is visible only on the sides but the hair-loss is increasing in it's intensity and the hairline is receding from the sides. I keep on changing my location so the water I use for bathing is not under my control. Can somebody kindly suggest me a solution.
I have weakness from 6 days. I dont know what is happen to me. Headache, stomach ache, loose motion and feels like vomiting.
Meri wife ki kamar mein dard raheta hai sonography karne par kidney stones 4-5 mm ke stone dono side mein hai neeri tab ke sath treatment liya lekin problem barbar ho rahi hai kya kidney stone ke alawa bhi koi reason ho sakta hai pls. Help us.
Meri mummy ki age 55 hai unki 3 saal pehle angioplasty ho chuki hai uske baad se unhe physical weakness bahut rahti hai unhe vertigo aate hai kabhi kabhi uthne ka mann nai karta hai bahut weakness rehti hai please koi achi medicene suggest karien.
Hi I am 30 years I weigh 72 kgs I wnt to loose fat I go to gym regularly I want to know if protein shakes are safe ? If yes which one should I buy for fat loss ?
I am suffering from fever since 4 days. Before 2 days I have cold I took erythromycin tablet with paracetamol I gave relief but I have fever till now. Now tell me some easier method for relief.
I want to eat some medicine to makes hormones more healthy to make the blood flow more I used to eat hempushpa syrup but I do not find this medicine in delhi can you pleased suggest me this kind of medicine pleased.
The red and itchy sores in genital area, which can cause immense pain are genital sores. They usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
Here are a few ways in which this may be treated:
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
Sir I have prescribed with amlodipine 5 mg twice and minipress xl 2.5.Is it safe to take minipress for the first time as I have heard it causes fainting?
Humko 5 january se chiken pox hua h aur ab wo thik ho raha h par uska marks ni reh jaye koi upaye bataye. Thank you.
I am a 23 year old girl. I had sex on 26 march and he did not ejaculated inside me. I got my periods on 29 march which was my due date. It lasted for three days one day short than normal. This month I was late I did a hpt on 5 may which was negative. I took norlut n for 5 days from 6 may. Now after stopping it I have severe acidity and nausea and slight heaviness in the chest and still no period. Kindly advise.
I 20 years boy I have large amount of hair fall I loss 15 nd more a day while combing also and falling of hair from front of my head. Thought many of my hair is loaded please help me.
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.