Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapnil Chaudhary
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
I want to flat my stomach. Its not much outside my body but it is li'l bit curved shaped. And I do not want to lose weight. Because my weight is 60 kg n my height is 5'5' Please tell me how can I make my stomach fit without losing my weight.
Bad side effects of flaxseeds:
Flax seed and flax seed oil are excellent sources of alpha-linolenic acid, which the body converts to essential omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed contains lignans, a phytoestrogen that protects against certain cancers, and also provides protein, potassium and fiber. You can sprinkle flax seed on cereal, yogurt and salad, and add it to recipes for baked goods. Additionally, you can mix whole or bruised flax seed with liquid and drink it. Some bad side effects are possible with flax seed, but they are primarily associated with consuming large amounts.
1. Laxative effects
Flax seed may have laxative properties, as noted by the u. S. National institutes of health. This could lead to abdominal discomfort, an increased number of bowel movements and diarrhea. The nih recommends that people with diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease, including crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, should not consume flax seed.
2. Digestive tract obstruction
Flax seed may cause obstruction of the esophagus, intestines or bowel if taken in large doses or without enough liquid, warns the nih. Anyone with narrowing of the esophagus, intestine or bowel, or who already has an obstruction in these areas, should not consume flax seed. Additionally, scleroderma patients should consult with a doctor before using flax seed, according to the university of michigan health system. Some scleroderma patients have developed severe constipation and bowel obstruction after beginning fiber supplementation.
Although allergic reactions to flax seed are very uncommon, according to the umhs, some severe reactions have been reported. Symptoms have included abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Life-threatening anaphylaxis also has occurred. Anaphylaxis involves a sudden drop in blood pressure and difficulty breathing.
4. Overdose effects
Effects of a flax seed overdose have been researched in animal studies, according to the nih. Signs may include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, weakness and trouble walking. A flax seed overdose also may cause seizures or paralysis.
5. Hormonal effects
Flax seed may have estrogen-like effects, and women taking flax seed daily may experience changes in menstruation, according to the nih. The nih advises that women with hormone-related health conditions be cautious about using flax seed. These conditions include endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, uterine fibroids, and breast, ovarian or uterine cancer. Pregnant women also should not consume supplemental flax seed, as it could stimulate menstruation or cause other hormonal effects that might be harmful to the developing baby.
I am just 20 years old & my knee pains (only right knee) mostly when I sit with folding legs for longer time. It started recently about 2-3 months ago when I came home after started playing cricket after a long time. I thought pain will disappear as time goes on but its still there.
I' m 42 years male. My father had bypass surgery on last eight years back. If there any possibility for got the same problem for me ?
I have black spots on my face with small holes due to pimples. I am using tomato juice and with sugar applying daily on my face before it am steaming my face. Is it safe for me. What should I do?
I am having a lower back problem due to which I have a serious pain in my back and also on the left hip and leg. What medicine I should take and the pain is so severe that I can't even walk or sit. Kindly help me.
Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara, and Nasya, The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Vamana: Vaman (Therapeutic Emesis) :] Therapeutic emesis is administered in patients suffering from derranged Kapha accumulated in Respiratory tract, Sinuses, Bronchial asthma, Psoriasis, Chronic Allergies, Obesity, Chronic Indigestion, Hyperacidity, Nasal Congestion and other skin disorders. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice, or Acorus calamus root, or sugarcane juice – as per his body constitution and ailment he is suffering from – to the full extent and emesis is induced. Minimum 4-6 bouts of vomit indicates excellent purification.
- Virechana: Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Pitta dosha related diseases. It cleanses the GastroIntestinal tract thoroughly and voids off the Pitta toxins accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine. Purgation is given with medicines like Cows milk, Black currants, castor oil, etc.It is a safe procedure without side effects. Virechana helps to cure Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility. It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest are massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.