Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil BhoirYour feedback matters!
Sometimes, the groin and scrotum swell due to the buildup of water like fluid in one or both the testicles. This is known as hydrocele. This condition is not at all painful, but can be uncomfortable at times. In newborn babies, there is an opening between the abdomen and the scrotum; it naturally closes with the passage of time, therefore it’s generally nothing to worry about.
Symptoms of hydrocele:
Scrotum can get enlarged at times
Swelling and redness are common in hydrocele
Also, pressure can be felt at the base of your child’s penis
Pain doesn’t normally occur but in some cases, might occur as your child gets older
How does in occur in babies?
When you are in the last stage of your pregnancy, the baby’s testicles descend from its abdomen to the scrotum. So the fluid in the sac stays within the scrotum and the opening closes naturally after some time.
Can it be treated?
This condition is not usually hazardous to health and is treated usually, if there is immense pain. It can also cut out the blood supply; in this case, it has to be treated as soon as possible. If your child experiences such symptoms, you should take him to a doctor for a physical examination. During this examination, the doctor will shine light near the scrotum.
If it appears as a solid mass, then the assumption is that there is no watery fluid; hence, hydrocele has not occurred. There is a procedure in which the hydrocele is burst open with a small needle, but sometimes, it might relapse. In such a case, surgery is the only reliable option. These symptoms can also persist if your child is diagnosed with hernia. Hence, in such a situation, a surgery would solve both the conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
I have a baby girl.At the time of birth her weight was 3 kg. But after that she was not able to digest mother milk. .So doctor sai to stop feeding for some days. I hv stop feeding for 20 days. Then started feeding. But my baby's weight not gaining properly. Now she is of 13 months old and weight is 7.8 kg. Shebis not eating properly. And some days if she eat properly then vomiting due to access food. I think she is not able to digest food. My doctor gas given medicine SP LYCIN for weight gain.Should I continue that drops for long time? I also want to know How much weight should be for a baby girl at 13 months age? What should I give her to eat every day for calories gain? What kind of problem will be there if weight is less?
Hello doctor my baby girl is 5 months old she don't drink milk every time she was only playing what can I do? Which food items I can feed to her?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My daughter is 11 months old, is consuming very less water and passing very less urine since last for days. Is it normal?
My 2 Years old son is suffering from rickets and the doctors are saying that he has to wear shoes to improve his legs I want to know that how long time he has to wear shoes.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.
My baby is 4 month old. He can't drink top feed sometime he drink it but sometime he can't hold bottle's nipple in his mouth. He through out nipple with his tongue. Can you tell me what I can do?
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My baby boy age 1 month, problem is kidneys infection. Kidneys normal in siza ( rt: 5. 4cm; lt 5. 5cm). Parenchymal thickness at rt kinsey:- upper pole 1. 0cm, lower pole 1. 1 cm, mid pole 8 cm, renal pelvis 2. 0cm,; parenchymal thickness at lt kidney:- upper and lower pole 4mm, mid pole 5 mm, renal pelvis 3. 0 cm, sir please tellme next tertment details
I have 15 months son his weight is 10 kg he has vomit n loose stools what food should I give to him wat medicine shall I give ? Emeset syrup am giving to him for vomit please help me.
The journey to parenthood begins long before the baby arrives, long before the expectant parents ever set eyes on the new life they have created. Being a parent is hard and exhausting, mentally, physically and emotionally. As a mother, one goes through a journey that encompasses huge changes to her body, her emotional state of mind, career, relationship with partner and her entire outlook on the world around her but, let's not forget the emotional impact on fathers too.
There is no, particular psychological pathway to parenthood as every couple's experience is shaped by a unique set of circumstances; their own childhood memories of their parents, observations of other parents and by the type of relationship they have with each other.
Being parents changes you: Becoming a parent changes two fundamental things: first, your perception about yourself, and secondly, it changes the nature of your relationship with your partner. You need to understand that you're no longer two independent adults but a team. You have to prioritize the needs of your child over and above your own needs. The sooner you realize and implement this in your life, the better you turn out as a parent.
Planning is essential: As an expectant couple, you need to plan and prepare, not to guarantee a result, but to open their minds to the vast enormities of the life changes that you are about to experience. This way you will be better prepared and equipped to cope with the challenges and situations that may come your way. You should try to imagine what your life will be like, after the baby arrives, realistically. The pregnancy period is an opportunity for both - the mother and the father, to run through a psychological rehearsal of "life after the birth of baby". Although it is, unrealistic and impractical for the expectant parents to think that, they can strategize for every conceivable scenario related to new parenthood, what so ever it may be, however, they can use the nine months of pregnancy to begin to reflect on how a baby will affect their relationship.
Dr. My son is 5 year old. He has cough since Nov 2015. I had given antibiotics like amoxyclav and azithromycin and asthalin coriminic and cetrizine syp but no effect. All his blood test chest xray and afb test are normal. In chest xray he had mild cardiomegaly. Drs. Done echo whis is normal.In blood test his eosinophil are 11. Drs says he has allergy in blood and prescribe Montair 10 mg one tab in night for three months. Dr. My question is can I give 5 year old child Montelukast 10 mg or less dose like 5 mg montair. And can it is ok for three months.
My daughter is 3 year old. Everytime while going to bed she asks her legs are paining and she want leg massage since last 4 months.
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
My head started paining before 3 days and now slowly cough is also occurring, is it symptom of tuberculosis. please tell me.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.