Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. SwapneeshaYour feedback matters!
I am pregant1. 5 month muje kabhi kabhi kamar me dard hota jese ki kamar me bohat weight he pls answer me what I am do?
My right leg pains allot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
I hav pain in my legs regularly from my childhood as my mother is having th same prob. I have got tested for calcium n hb everything is ok wht should I do for this.
Hi I am a 30 year old male I have a problem with my left ear which has a small hole in the ear drum. This is causing me very acute pain when ever I am affected with cold. This was stopped a few years back but it has resurfaced again. I was advised with Candibiotic Ear drops which is increasing the pain. Please advice.
I am 36 year old male. I had a back head injury one year ago. From then I am not being able to smell anything.
My mother, aged 58, is overweight (120 kg). She is suffering from knee pains. The doctors advice for replacing knees. While she is overweight, how many chances r there for successful knee replacement operation?
A lot of people today experience back pain and it is mostly the working professionals or students who complain about it. Most of us experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion as you spend the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bend in a wrong manner while picking up your child or some stuff.
Lower back pain is a very common condition that occurs anywhere on the back below the ribs and above the legs. The pain is very common and it is faced by most individuals at least once during their lifetime.
Try these home solutions for backache:
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins. Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves are powerful healing agents and can cure a variety of body ailments, including blood pressure. Take a couple of garlic cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or a massage with garlic oil will help relieve back ache.
- Cut down on spices: We may think of it as unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting down on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I'm suffering from lower back pain Since 2 days It is too paining Is it any serious? What should be done?
One old woman is suffering from knee pain she used many tablets but not cured what should she do now.
My mother- in- low is suffering from diabetes, skin problem, arthriitis. She is above 70 years old. She is unable to walk. Please tell me the perfect for her.
1. Heat or cold therapy.
Try using hot packs or ice packs on the knee where it hurts for 10 to 15 minutes few times a day as tolerated. Usually ice therapy helps control inflammation and reduces pain immediately.
2. Stretching and strengthening exercises
Hamstring stretch: lay on your back and tie a strap to the ankle. Now lift leg straight up till you feel stretch behind your knee and thigh.
Hold 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quadriceps stretch: stand on one leg and holding onto a chair for support. Now using your hand bend the knee as much possible. Keep leg straight and you will feel a stretch in front of your thigh. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quad sets: sit with your legs straight. Tighten knee and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times on both sides. You can also put a folded towel under the knee.
Straight leg raise: lay on your back. Lift one leg straight up and lower slowly. Repeat 10 times on both sides.
Sitting leg raises: sit up straight in a chair. Straighten one leg and hold 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times each side.
3. Walking and other activities.
Start slow and keep at it. Walking can ease joint pain, strengthen leg muscles, improve posture, and improve flexibility. It's also good for your heart.
The exercises that are easy on the knees include biking, swimming, and water aerobics. Water exercise takes weight off painful joints. Being active may also help you lose weight, which takes pressure off joints.
How much exercise?
Thirty minutes a day is a good goal. Start small, such as 10 minutes every alternate day. If you don't have pain, exercise more to reach 30 minutes goal.
When you start to exercise, you may feel mild soreness in muscle and thats normal. Check with your doctor if you want to try over-the-counter pain relievers to help the soreness. Ice can also help. Don't ignore pain in your joints, though. Contact your doctor if you have any. Physiotherapy can help and treatments such as ultrasound therapy, interferential therapy, tens, etc are combined with specific exercises to improve knee flexibility and strength.