Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnali V. Jogi.Your feedback matters!
My cousin is a 4 year old child male. He has phimosis with complain of narrow stream of urine (according to her mother) for which he was shown to someone (not a doctor) who did the stretching of the foreskin along with application of mustard oil. But now the condition is again the same. What should be done?
I am 34 years old. I'm having pain on both my knee joint making me difficult to stand up after sitting. It happens each time I sit and stand. Please help.
I did not have any sex kiss anything but am infected to STD how and my parents don't have any STD so how am infected.
Have removed two molars. Doctor suggest to implant teeth.What is the cost of implants , advantage and disadvantage ?
I am 21 and I have gained 69 kgs and acc to my height 5'1 , I look very short and fat! I am very much concerned for my obesity. So I started 4 kms walk and after so many days of warm ups I started running. But I had cramps in my thighs and legs, plus I was very much tired and had pain in my stomach on those days when I went for running. I didn't feel hungry as usually after walking I used to feel .How should I continue running for loosing weight ? Or walking will work ?
I have my irregular periods. How make my period regular? I have normal thyroid But my weight is increased when ever I miss my period.
Hello sir I m Atul. And my question is it how can I increase my height naturally. If you can give me any tips. My age is it 24 can I get increase some inches.
Hi doctor, I am ordering cernor kit. Here doctor has recommended me for dark circles. There are 2 types of cream one with organic composed of mineral and another has no mineral. So which one should I bring? I am confused. please tell me?
I am 20 years old. My height is 5.6" inches. I really want to be taller at least 5.9" inches. Bt everybody tell me that now I can not be tall. And some people says after seen my neck that you can not be tall now. Please tell me can I be tall now in this age :-(
I'm having curly hair in large volume but I'm these days I am getting so much of itching on the center of the head n I'm having so much of hair loss it become my hair thin I have so much of lics n eggs over there what I have to do.
Sir male, 33Y. My left leg is swelling in the back part. I went to local doctor he said to take ultrasound scanning and I did the same but in the report I get it as normal. What would be reason? Along with this I am suffering with severe finger pains (both hands) and feeling pain in the knee joints.
I m 49 yr old medium built, yoga practicing male, 3 yrs ago I got ACL ruptured in my right knee and 10 days ago I got my laft calf muscle teared. Is any deficiecy cause of yhese conditions, I m pure vegetarian.
Hi, I want to know is there any treatment for high bp and hypertension with heavy weight, is there any treatment or like ayurveda or any such treatment which can bring person to normal life, age of person is 33 yrs above 90+ weight.
I'm having a stomach ache alternatively so can you say me d reason while running it's pain a lot Say what to do.
How to increase height please suggest me any medicine for it I really want to increase 5-6 inches I am not able to exercise regularly due to deficiency of time So please suggest me any medicine or anything that will really increase my height.
Lower back pain is among one of those ailments that brings life to standstill. Nowadays most common reason for absence at job or college is Back pain. It gives you nothing bur restless and depressed day and sleepless night. It ruins your life's small moments of joy.
What is low backache?
It is the pain that felt in lower back which usually originates from joints, bones, muscles, nerves or other structures in spine.
What is spine?
Vertebral column or backbone or spine consists of 33 bones; called as vertebrae. Lower 9 are fused in adults.
- Cervical spine in neck region: 7 vertebrae (C1-C7)
- Thoracic Spine in upper back: 12 vertebrae (T1-T12)
- Lumbar spine in lower back: 5 vertebra (L1-L5)
- Sacrum in Lower back Fused: 5 vertebrae (S1-S5)
- Coccyx (tailbone) fused: 3-5 vertebrae.
Significance of Vertebral column:
- The major function of vertebral column is protection of spinal cord.
- It provides stiffening for the body and attachments for muscles.
- It transmits body weight while walking and standing.
What is pain?
It is a message originates from the location of injury; travels through nervous system and received by brain where it is interpreted as PAIN.
- It is a sudden low back pain for abortion time.
- It can be because of trauma, trigger or a disorder such as Arthritis.
- It limits movements, flexibility and even results into inability to stand or sit straight.
- Acute pain can become more serious if left untreated.
When back pain persists for more than 3 months; it is considered as Chronic.
- Muscle strain or ligaments strain
Improper posture, repeated heavy lifting strain ligaments and muscles if back which result into muscular spasm and severe backache. There are 3 specific movements that are responsible for back injuries. Bending, lifting and twisting. The danger lies in performing any two or more if them simultaneously.
- Bulging or Ruptured intervertebral disc
- Spondylosis: Backpain caused by age related wear and tear of spinal discs.
- Spondylitis: It is inflammatory Arthritis affecting the spinal bones.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is forward displacement of vertebra over another.
- Skeletal irregularities: If spinal curve is abnormal backpain can occur.
- Osteoporosis: If vertebrae become porous and brittle, it can cause compression fractures.
- Coccydynia: Pain at tailbone is called as Coccydynia.
Pregnancy: Almost all women experience low back pain during Pregnancy. Maternal weight gain, increased lordosis (Curvature of spine), Stretching of ligaments, increased calcium demand can cause backpain in Pregnancy.
- History of illness
- History of injury, trauma, accident etc.
- MRI/CT SCAN
- Bone scan
- Nerve studies (Electromygraphy)
- Medicines such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) and Muscle relaxants
- Heat therapy
- Cold Compression therapy
- Spinal Traction:
- It is non surgical way of decompression therapy that relieves pressure in spine. It can be performed by physiotherapist or by machines.
- It is useful in backache due to slipped disc, herniated discs, Sciatica, degenerative disc diseases, pinched nerve etc.
- A physician can determine the need of traction and weight for traction based on your medical history.
Backache - Ayurvedic Aspects
According to Ayurveda Backache (Kati shool, Kati graha, Trik graha, Prushtha Shool) is one of the common disease occurring because of vitiated vata dosha, so it is considered as "Vata- Vyadhi."
Line of treatment of Vata - Vyadhi
Abhyanga (Massage): Sesame oil, Mahanarayan Oil, Prasarini oil can be used for Massage.
Swedan (Fomentation): Moist steam of herbs like Dashmool , Nirgundi etc.
Katibasti: Kati basti is pouring of lukewarm medicated oil and keeping it for sometime on the back region surrouded by ring made by black gram or whole wheat flour.
Basti: Basti is one of the most important treatments if vitiated vata. Basti can be performed in various forms according to stage of disease and constitution of patient.
Medicated oil and medicated decoction enema on alternate days for 8 days/15 days or 30 days.
Matrabasti: 60 ml medicated oil enema.
Panchatikta ksheer basti: It is most useful in management of degenerative bone disease, in which herbs like Adulsa, Guduchi, Nimb, Kantakari and Patol are cooked in cow milk. Sometimes cow ghee can also be mixed.
Medicines: Gokshuradi guggul, Trayodashang guggul, Yograj guggul can be used under proper guidance.
Ashwagandha, Musta , Vidang, Ajmoda , Chopchini, Rasna, Devdaru, Punarnava, Shatavari, Shankhabhasma are some useful medicines for backache.
Yogasana: Yogasana should be learned from experienced teacher. Some yogasana helpful for backache are:
- Supta padangushthasana
- Parivrutta trikonasana
- Supta vakrasana
DO'S AND DONT'S FOR BACKACHE
- Bend at knees, not at waist.
- Keep the object close to your body when lifting it. And keep low back straight.
- Think before you act.
- Learn exercise and perform regularly.
- Sit in proper posture, adjust your work desk accordingly, walk straight.
- Do not slouch.
- Avoid high heels shoes.
- Wear lumbar belt under proper guidance.
- Avoid stress. Lose weight if you are overweight.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.