Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuwarnaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is a really beautiful as well as a very sensitive phase in a woman’s life. Craving for your favourite food in the middle of the night, or even throughout the day, is a perfectly normal phenomenon. Although you deserve to be pampered with your favourite food, however, there are certain foods which irrespective of cravings you really need to avoid for the well being of that tiny little life inside you.
Here is a list of food items to be avoided during pregnancy.
Starting with fruits, papaya and pineapples are big negatives. These fruits contain substances that produce uterine contractions inducing labour, and thus, abortion.
Sesame seeds also tend to excite uterine muscles thereby causing contractions which may lead to abortion. So it would be an intelligent step to avoid intake of these. Other dry fruits like raisins, dates, almonds, walnuts, pistachios are safe to consume in a moderate amount.
Spices that make way into this list include fennel and fenugreek seeds. These may induce uterine contractions too.
Although fish is rich in omega 3 and is an important food to include in the pregnancy diet, intake of some sorts of fish might not be a good idea. Here is a list of the kinds of fishes that should be avoided.
Fishes containing mercury
Smoked or refrigerated seafood.
Fishes cultured in polluted water
Shellfish that is undercooked. Eg, clams, mussels, oyster
Undercooked or raw eggs may be tainted with salmonella bacteria that might cause vomiting and diarrhoea. Desserts or sauces containing raw or uncooked egg should be avoided.
Any form of undercooked or treated meat or poultry. This is because a parasite named toxoplasma may be present that might cause excessive food poisoning which in turn could cause foetal damage or miscarriage.
Milk is one of the essential foods in pregnancy diet; however, any sort of unpasteurized milk is strictly negative.
Sprouts and raw vegetables should be avoided. However, these can be eaten if shallow fried.
One major setback for coffee addicts is that caffeine intake is required to be lowered to minimum amounts; that is, not more than one cup a day.
Canned food as well as street food.
There are many more little details that should be taken care of but this list would be handy for newly pregnant women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
I want some suggestion. My period is very much regular and always come on time since I have stared having it. But this month instead of full length period I am only spotting 1 or 2 drops a day with bright red blood. I do not know what is going on. It stated on 15 just the date my period was due. I am spotting still with very little almost no cramp. Me nd my husband are trying for baby. I am thinking of taking hpt tomorrow morning. And also I am feeling bloated and have lost appetite.
Private parts not only make or break intimacy but also also affect your overall health. Men and women - both need to keep them clean. Here are 5 things that you need to religiously follow.
1) Wash them everyday - In case you are not washing your private parts every day, let me share with you that it is a must-do! Your private parts are moist and house many bacteria. You can use soap to wash but an unscented or mild one. Wash them with lukewarm and clean water.
2) Clean them up before and after sex - Cleaning your private parts before and after sex is of great importance. Before sex because of etiquette. And, after sex for a healthy sexual life ahead! The body fluids or semen which gather on and near your reproductive organs, if not washed can harbour the growth of bad bacteria and set a stage for infections.
3) Groom them well - Untrimmed hair around the private parts is highly unhygienic. It can lead to too much of itching, increasing the chances of infection.
4) Wear fresh undergarments everyday - Unwashed shirts can do but unwashed boxer or briefs is a big no-no. You need to keep your underwears clean & dry. Wear a fresh and clean undergarment every day. Changing your briefs after masturbation, sex, work-outs in gym is also highly recommended.
5) Don't delay visit to a doctor - If you are experiencing any sort of irritation, itching, redness, odour, swelling or other form of discomfort please do not delay in consulting a doctor. It can be a sign of a serious health problem or a severe infection.
Hello Doctors, I have pcos and took metformin and clomid in this cycle. On day 7, size of foĺlicle was 5.8 mm and my weight was 64.7 kg. On day 13 size of follicle was 10 mm and weight was 65.7. I am really surprised that how weight got increased 1 kg in 1 week. Earlier my weight was reducing because of metformin. please tell what is issue with weight and size of follicle is ok or not. please help. Its really depressing.
I delivered a baby before 6 months and it was through operation and not a normal delivery. Me and my husband were not physically involved after delivery. Is it safe now for a relation? Were my inside wounds healed?
I have a sex on 6 day of period. Next day I gave unwanted72. Her lmp is 15 march. Now 5 days delyex in her period. What is the reason.
I have my irregular periods with pcos problem. I got married of 2 years old but I did not yet pregnant.
Restaurant style mushroom veggie momos. A no oil recipe.
A famous tibetan street food steamed delicacy.
As I am into no oil food campaign for a healthy you. I have come up with this unique recipe which can be cherished by all age groups and family members irrespective of the health complaints.
I fusioned and made it a little more healthy by adding wheat germ to the dough and excluding oil usage completely.
It is always good to have one meal of the day completely without oil especially after 40 plus.
It's a rare combination of healthy, tasty and light on stomach meal combo.
It's very easy, but have to follow certain tips while preparing, do not expose the dough to air as the moisture goes off.
Stuffing can either be veg or nonveg, steamed fish, steamed chicken or mutton kneema, minced prawns, fish eggs, egg scramble, crab meat, finely chopped baby corn, shredded paneer, tofu, list is endless, but make sure your stuffing does not contain mush moisture as it can make the dough moist and mushy with which the momo may shakeout and filling doesn't stay intact.
Reserve some stuffing to make a sauce which will be an accompaniment for the momos.
Rest the dough at least for 30 minutes.
Stay fit. Be healthy. Enjoy tasty food and satisfy your psyche.
Hello, My daughter is 10 years old with 5.2" height and 52 Kgs. She is matured in the month of May 2015. From than she has a very high bleeding during menstruation. She needs to change 3-5XL pads during first 4 days. She is learning karate (thrice a week). Which is the only exercise apart from school activities. I have endometriosis problem and was operated 4 years back and in treatment of marina coil now. My doubt, is my daughter problem is common at this stage or this due to exercises she does in karate class (hardly any one day during periods). Or is it any way related to my endometriosis problem? (As genetic disorder) I am in dilema what to do. Please suggest. Thanks in Advance. Srilatha.
My wife is 25 years old. She is pregnant. Now 8th month start. Albumin and pus cell present in report, hb 8.2. Now what care?
Dear Sir/Mam, I am planning to conceive. But When ever we have sex, Sperms doesn't go inside properly & it comes down. Pls suggest how can I manage or the positions that the sperm goes inside properly & for how long I should not get up after sperm gets inside. Pls suggest. Thanks.
Dr. Meri wife ka 1 baar misscariage ho chuka he Usko Bhut weakness he. please tell me uski Weakness ko kese Door kru me. Ki fir se misscariage na ho ske. Kabhi..
वैद्यक-शास्र में, त्वचा पर होने वाले सफेद पैच को विटिलिगो के रूप में जाना जाता है। ये निशान हाथ, पैर, बाह, टांग, चेहरे, होंठ, और आँखें और मुंह के आसपास, विभिन्न अंगों पर दिखाई दे सकते हैं। हालांकि, यह स्थिति आमतौर पर हानिरहित और गैर-संक्रामक होती है, परंतु यह मानसिक तनाव पैदा कर सकती है। जब एक पिंपल जैसी छोटी सी चीज़ के पीछे भी मन खराब हो जाता है, तो सोचिए यह स्थिति व्यक्ति के आत्मविश्वास को कितना गिरा सकती है।
सफेद रंग या विरंजनता मेलेनिन उत्पादन की कमी के कारण होता है। जबकि विटिलिगो सफेद स्पॉट का एक कारण है, यह अन्य कारण से भी हो सकते हैं। उच्च रक्तचाप, अतिगलग्रंथिता, विटामिन बी 12 की कमी, सूरज की किरणों का अतिरिक्त एक्सपोजर आदि भी त्वचा पर सफेद धब्बे पैदा कर सकते हैं। त्वचा पर सफेद पैच सतही फंगल संक्रमण जैसे टीनेया वेर्सिकलर, एक्जिमा, छालरोग, या अन्य त्वचा की स्थिति के कारण भी हो सकते है।
गृह उपचार सफेद धब्बों से छुटकारा पाने के लिए:
निम्नलिखित प्राकृतिक उपचार आपको विटिलिगो या सफेद स्पॉट को ठीक करने में मदद कर सकते हैं:
1. नारियल का तेल:
नारियल का तेल त्वचा को शांत कर, जीर्ण सूजन को ठीक करता है। यह प्रकृति में जीवाणुरोधी और एंटिफंगल भी है। इसके अलावा, यह त्वचा को नमी देता है और रक्त परिसंचरण में सुधार लाता है। यह विटिलिगो के उपचार में मदद करता है क्योंकि यह त्वचा के रंजकता को बढ़ावा देता है।
बस सफेद पैच पर नारियल के तेल को एक दिन में दो से तीन बार लागू करें।
अदरक, शोथ रोधक होने के अलावा एंटीऑक्सिडेंट से भरा हुए हैं। अदरक रक्त परिसंचरण को बढ़ाने और मेलेनिन उत्पादन में भी मदद करता है। प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर अदरक के रस को लागू करें और लगभग 20 मिनट के लिए इसे छोड़ दें। इसे पानी से धो लें।
माना जाता है कि तांबा मेलेनिन के उत्पादन में मदद करता है। बस कमरे के तापमान पर एक तांबे के पोत में रात भर पानी जमा करें, और सुबह इसे पी लें। जब तांबे के पोत में रात भर पानी रखा जाता है, तो यह तांबे के आयनों के साथ जुड़ जाता है। जो शरीर में मेलेनिन उत्पादन के साथ मदद करता है।
नीम सभी प्रकार की त्वचा समस्याओं के उपचार के लिए एक बहुत अच्छा प्राकृतिक उपाय है। नीम के पत्ते सफेद धब्बे के इलाज में और त्वचा का मूल रंग पुनः प्राप्त करने में मदद कर सकते हैं। एक मुट्ठी नीम के पत्तों को पीस कर पेस्ट बनायें और इसमें 1 चम्मच शहद जोड़ें। सफेद धब्बे पर लागू करें और इसे लगभग 10-15 मिनट तक सूखने दें। फिर इसे पानी से धो लें।
5. लाल मिट्टी:
लाल मिट्टी में उच्च तांबे की सामग्री होती है जो त्वचा रंगद्रव्य को लौटाने में और सफेद पैच से छुटकारा पाने में मदद करती है। 2 चम्मच लाल मिट्टी में 1 बड़ा चमचा अदरक का रस मिलाकर पेस्ट बनाएं। पेस्ट को प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर धीरे से रगड़ें। इसे लगभग 10 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
6. मूली के बीज:
मेलेनिन पुनर्जन्मा करने में मूली के बीज बहुत प्रभावी हैं। लगभग 25 ग्राम मूली के बीज को एक मोटे पाउडर में पीस लें। इसमें सिरका के दो चम्मच डालें और एक पेस्ट बनायें। प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर पेस्ट को लागू कर 15 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
एक पेस्ट बनाने के लिए 5 चम्मच हल्दी पाउडर के साथ लगभग 250 मिलीलीटर सरसों का तेल मिलाएं। इसे सफेद स्पॉट पर लागू करें और कुछ घंटों तक छोड़ दें। हल्दी और सरसों के तेल का सामयिक उपयोग विटिलिगो के इलाज के लिए अद्भुत काम करता है।