Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suvira JainYour feedback matters!
Sir my eyes in night is so painfull bhut jyada dard hota hai me kya karu ap hi btao muje sir please .
Good morning doctor. My concern is I have a eye sight of 6/12 I want to join army. To clear army we should have eye vision of 6/6 How do I improve my sight? Does masturbating affects eyes?
I have red eyes and I am thin I am not healthy, lost my energy and weakness of parts my body and pain of body parts pleased solution.
My friend is suffering from left eye pain which tablet to decrease the pain tell me any pain killer name.
Feeling weak Leg pain below knee portion Leg like sleeping cannot feel. Poor circulation Vision blur.
In my left eye in corner something is there looks like conjunctivitis since 2 months. But nothing happened. What should I do?
If the eyes are feeling tiredness, cut a thin slice of fresh cucumber and put on the eyes. The eyes are precious so all possibility should be tried for its protection.
If you are using glasses, are 18 years or older , have to wear glasses and wish to seek treatment for your glasses , you need to read on.
Brief information about LASIK Laser Vision Correction
What does Laser vision correction do ?
Laser vision correction is a technique used for the correction of spectacle number being worn by the patient . This treatment enables the patient to see clearly without glasses.
Who are the likely candidates for laser vision correction ?
Patients of Myopia ( wearing minus glasses ) , Hypermetropia ( wearing plus glasses ) with or without astigmatism are suitable candidates for laser vision correction. In addition , the patient must have achieved 18+ age and his/her spectacle number must have remained stable for 6-12 months .
What types of eye glass numbers can be treated ?
We can treat :
(-) Minus numbers
(+) Plus numbers
& Cylindrical numbers
What are the different techniques for correcting eye glasses ?
Beyond using glasses and contact lenses , there are basically two different ways of correcting the number of glasses.
1. Laser Vision Correction popularly known as LASIK
2. ICL or Phakic Lenses
Are there more than one techniques of Laser vision correction ?
Yes , there are different techniques to correct glasses with Laser
1. PRK / LASEK / ASA
2. Microkeratome based LASIK
3. Bladefree LASIK
The choice of technique for a particular patient depends upon the suitability determined after assessing the various parameters of the eyes with Pentacam topography which tells us about the thickness of the cornea amongst many other details. Depending upon the number of your eye glasses and calculating it against the corneal thickness helps us deriving the technique(s) available for your eyes specifically .
Bladefree LASIK utilizes two different lasers for doing laser vision correction .
Bladefree Lasik workstation with the Femtosecond Laser on the left , the Excimer laser on the right and a swinging patient bed which shifts the patient between these two lasers.
What is ICL ?
If after detailed checking ,corneal thickness is inadequate to carry out Laser vision correction , then ICL phasic intraocular lens implantation is considered as the final frontier.
With the ICL , very high numbers can be corrected quite accurately. Here also we have to test the patient suitability for ICL implantation.
How long do I need to stay in the Hospital for Laser vision correction ?
For PRK you may need to stay for approximately 6 days
For Normal LASIK , approximately 3 days
For Bladefree LASIK , approximately 3 days.
Local patients can reside at home.
From past two days I am having fever, cold and my eyes are burning. I am resting a lot but still no improvement. Having headache also. What should I do?
Increase in use of Laptop started eye irritation and eye watering and redness, sometime due to air n cold breeze also make my eye feel irritation. What type of eye drop or any other medicine should I use?
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.