Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suvidha JainYour feedback matters!
I wear contact lenses abot 7 yrs. I wnt2 knw tht lasik lazr is a safe procdre? I am 25 years old if infutr my eyes power is reduce again thn wht2 do wht is the next procdre?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
Im suffering from cold for last 1 month. I do feel itching inside nose as well as eyes. Because of that im getting sneeze several times. What I have to do to get rid of this. I am not able to sleep also.
I have redness and itching in eye. I am lactating mother. So ketotifen should not be in eye drops. Please suggest.
My 10 year child having power in right eye 1.75 6/6 & left eye 0.25 6/6.kasyap RANCHI & Shanker Netralaya Chennai is saying it's lazy eye & patching of one eye required while kamal eye clinic RANCHI is saying if vision is 6/6 with power glass how it can be a lazy eye & only power glass recommended. I don't know what c know what.
My right eye pupil pain alot once in a week. Or twice in a week. Head never pains but the area of right eye's portion pains alot. Some times head also pain due to eye's paining. I stopped taking medicine of disprin. As I knew it's a eye pain problem. Now please doctor say me. What should I do? Is the right eye pressure increases?
I usually get a black screen in front of my eyes and start falling down. But after I eat my breakfast its all gone.
Sir 10 saal pahale mere aankh me halki chot lag gyi thi us samay kuchh nhi pta chala likin ab halka dhundhla dikhta hai aur drd krti hai. Ab kaise sahi hogi. Eska treatment kaise krayen.
I want to do lasik treatment for my both eyes to remove spect number Is this effective Any side effects How to take care after the treatment Is this permanent?
My eyes are sunk deep inside. It's a genetic shape. It looks very ugly with those semi circular lines below my eyes. I look older. It looks like my eyes are deep inside. I eat normal and healthy food. I drink water like 5-7 lit a day. I exercise sometimes. I sleep for 6-8 hours daily. Please suggest a good method to remove these lines and make my eyes look healthy and normal.
Namaste dear doc, I need some advice about the recent ailment attacked to my mamma i.e. Glaucoma to the right eye. Doc has prescribed eye drops for the same, saying the eye pressure is high. I would like to know how to cure this ailment besides drops. Kindly suggest the best cure and tips to overcome. Am very much distressed since I have heard about it. Thank you.
I have cylindrical as well as axis(170` and 180 `) powers but using these powers in specs i m not comfortable.I feel that axis powers makes me uncomfortable so can i use specs with no axis powers ? moreover i think that as i live in kota, i don't get nutritious food which makes my vision weaker but when i go to my home ant get healthy food, my vision improves and improves upto (-0.5 : number decreases) in just about 30 days. In this case what should i do ? have eye test in every 30 days and change specs or what? what is the substitute? please answer.
I am irritating my eyes by last Two Weeks so my request is that plsss give a solution for this problem I m suffering.
My sister is 16 years old n suffering from myopia and have her specs power -1.5 What should she do to improve her eyesight. Is there any chance of getting her healthy eyesight back. Please help.
I am getting my eyesight weak. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this Problem. Tell what should I eat more?
We all have only a pair of eyes, so it is imperative that one understands the importance of vision. When the normally clear lens of one’s eye becomes clouded, the condition is known as cataract. A person suffering from cataract finds his vision to be hazy, discoloured and blurred somewhat like looking outside a frosted window. It causes difficulty in reading, driving a vehicle or seeing the familiar expression on a loved one’s face.
It is a silent killer of vision and initially magnification and lighting in addition to vision aids are helpful, but eventually a surgery becomes imminent.
The exact reason for cataract are debatable, but one can take measures to protect oneself, boost one’s eyes’ defence mechanisms, and protect them from harmful elements. Ultra violet (UV) light has been correlated with incidents of cataract and has a damaging effect on one’s eyes. This requires one to wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet B (UVB) rays when one is outdoors. Smoking also increases the risk of cataract thus giving one another reason to stay away from active as well as passive smoking.
One must include antioxidants as zeaxanthin, vitamin C, lutein and vitamin A in daily diet to counteract with the daily damage. The addition of a variety of fruits and vegetables to one’s diet ensures that one is getting many vitamins and nutrients. The health of the eyes can be maintained with fruits and vegetables as they have many antioxidants. One must go for eye examination to ophthalmologists in a time bound and regular manner so to detect the onset of cataract at the earliest.
One must maintain a healthy weight by reducing the calorie intake. Excessive consumption of alcohol also increases the risk of cataract. If one is suffering with other health conditions like hypertension and diabetes, it becomes all the more important that one must follow the treatment plan diligently. The exposure to ionizing radiation like X-rays and cancer treatment via chemotherapy increase the risk of cataract.
Cataract develops when aging or injury changes the tissue that makes up one’s eye's lens while some cataract are due to inherited genetic disorders causing other health problems. In some cases eye conditions, medical conditions such as diabetes, long term usage of steroids, trauma or past eye surgery also leads to cataracts.
As one ages, the eye lenses become less flexible, less transparent and thicker. Ageing causes break down and clumping together of tissues within the eye lens leading to clouding small areas within the lens. As the cataract continues to develop, the clouding becomes denser and involves a greater part of the lens. Thus, although one cannot prevent cataract, but if one takes the above mentioned steps, then he can reduce the risks of getting it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.