Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suvarna NarkhedeYour feedback matters!
I have moving lice in my body hairs in my chest n pubic part too n it is itchy. I saw the reason but my hygiene is my priority how it cud happen to me and aprt from it it says that it can be through a partner I didn't had any sch contact with anyone Kindly help as it is really exasperating.
I am 20 years boy. My eyes were reddish and pain particularly right one when continuously looking to my smartphone screen and filed with tears sometime please I want a remedy doctor for this problem?
I have severe headache from. Last two weeks due to. It also suffer from redness of eyes etching in my eyes can you please suggest me some medicines. For this please.
2 years back I got pregnant and thyroid got developed in first trimester and after 14 weeks I had to undergo an abortion. Unfortunately I was not diagnosed for thyroid and by the time I started my treatment my right eye got swell and I did the the treatment and now my ophthalmologist suggest only lacra gel for lubrication and eye drops. But my eyes shape is not as it was before. It waters when I am outdoor badly. It has become too sensitive. Please suggest what I should do to get my eyes shape back apart from surgery? Even if I go for a surgery what is the success rate and how safe this type of surgery is?
I have a myopia problem. My power is -1.5 and-0.5..My friend told me he did some exercises everyday and got his short sight problem cured. Now he can see every distant object very clearly. Could you suggest those exercises to me doctor.
What does the term" cataract mature mean. Pl explain. How long can one wait to get the cataract operated?(i've been diagnised with cataract 2 months ago? Please Advise.
Good evening. Meri eyes m problem ho rahi h .jab bji m mobile use krta hu. To aankh m dard hone lagta h.or baar baar jhabkni padti h aankh fir relif milta h. Eyes test karayi to doctor ne sahi btaya h.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.