Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back.
While the complaint of being born flat chested is faced by a number of women, there are a few women who have heavy breasts. Over the time, large breasts have been linked with a number of health problems, such as backaches, neck pain, numbness in the fingers and shortness of breath. Thus it is not only for cosmetic reasons that many women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery. This involves the removal of tissues and skin from the breasts to reduce the size of the breasts and reshape them. Breast reduction is a very safe procedure,however, just like any other surgery, there is always a risk and hence the question arises, 'how safe is breast reduction surgery'.
Since the procedure involves making incisions in the skin and removing tissues, most women feel pain in the breasts for the first few days post surgery. This later transforms into a mild discomfort before which completely goes away after a few days. Pain medication and anti inflammatory drugs can help ease the pain. Swelling and bruising in the area is also a common effect of the surgery and may last for about a month or two. The patients are usually advised to wear a surgical bra all the time as it help in giving proper support which in turn helps ease the pain and reduce swelling.
Scarring is one of the most common risks associated with this surgery. To remove the tissue, a surgeon has to make an incision under the breast. This incision is usually positioned in line with the natural curves and creases of a woman's body in order to conceal them. However, it always leaves behind a scar. Scarring varies from person to person and also depends on the type of incision made. Typically, scars fade over time but for some women, they may remain noticeable for many years.
Fortunately, in most cases, the incisions can be restricted to areas covered by a bra or bikini. Some women complain loss of sensation in the breasts or nipples after such a procedure, but mainly this is a temporary side effect and resolves within a few months of the surgery. Depending on the type of procedure, some women may also find it difficult to breastfeed after the surgery.
On its own, breast reduction surgery is a fairly safe procedure as long as it is performed by a certified plastic surgeon on a healthy patient. Therefore, it is important to do plenty of research and go for a best possible surgeon. So, do not let your fear of surgery keep you from making life more comfortable for yourself!
We are planning for baby for Last 3 years but due to fertility issues we are not able to do .My semen count is low to 8 Million motility 60%.Please advise medicine to increase my semen count so we can start my family.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose fitting clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
I am 19 year old. I have missed my period this month. My last period was on 16oct. After my last period I had sex with my lover. But his sperm didn't enter into my vagina. Still I am afraid. I haven't any symptoms of pregnancy, but I missed my period. Please help me to know that am I pregnant or not? If I am pregnant, then how can I prevent it simply? If i'm not pregnant, what can I do for my period? Please help me.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Delayed or irregular menses, absent menses for various months and prolonged menses, all these are indications of an endocrine disorder known in medical terms as Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
The symptoms of the syndrome are acne, irregular or absent periods, obesity, hirsutism (excessive growth of bodily hair) and infertility. Not all patients have every symptom. In fact, some people are not overweight.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is curable with the homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for Polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect. Which homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case.
The passing of urine has very important functions in your body as it clears out many of the toxins filtered by the kidneys. Urine primarily contains urea and uric acid, which are the results of the toxins being flushed out of the body. Urine color can be a good indicator of either what is in your system and in certain cases what may be wrong in your system.
Urine color and what it signifies:
Normal urine doesn't have a single color as it varies from clear to pale yellowish. There are certain foods, which may also leave a tinge of color, such as red or green in you urine. However, there are certain conditions, which can result in the same. Let's looks at some examples of these situations.
- Orange: Certain medications tends to have a side effect of making your urine of an orange colour. Medications, which have high doses of vitamin B2, the drug phenazopyridine and other such medicines are used to treat urinary tract infections. Moreover, certain antibiotics are known to have side effects of changing the urine color into a citrus drink like color. However, it could also mean problems with your liver or bile duct and you should consult a doctor in such cases.
- Red or Pink Urine: Phenazopyridine also causes red or pink urine in certain individuals. However, the major cause for urine of this hue is due to certain foods, such as beets, blackberries, rhubarbs, carrots and others. However, in the absence of such foods and medication, it could mean blood in your urine, urinary tract infections, tumors or even prostate problems.
- Blue or green: Certain conditions within the body are known to cause blue or green hues in urine. If you are having blue or green urine consistently then it is advisable to go to your doctor to get it checked out. Some medications, such as propofol or promethazine can also have the side effect of turning pee blue or green. However, in most cases it is the harmless food dye, which is filtered out of your system.
- Cola colored or dark brown urine: Although this can also be caused by certain medications or foods, it could be a marker for kidney disorders or internal injuries. It is advised that you go to your doctor urgently to get it checked.
- Dark yellow to amber or honey colored: This is the classic sign that your body is quite dehydrated and you need to drink more water. Dehydration may lead to more serious problems and thus this shouldn't be ignored and must be taken care of urgently.
How to do pregnancy test in home? Periods delayed 10 days so might be pregnant because she had sex on april 19th. How to avoid pregnancy suggest any tablet please,
I am 25 years old and I have PCOS. What is perfect diet for a pcos patient? Should I drink milk? Which food regulates hormones?
I am 29 years unmarried, woman, I am suffering from pcos from last 7 years. My period is normal and regular but I have gain weight a lot and also lost also 70 % of hair. I am totally fed up with visiting doc again and again. My problem is still remain. Kindly help me out of the problem.
I am 25 years old. Already I had missed abortion. During the abortion the doctor did not do the DMC she just take the baby in her hand itself. She said that baby as not grown. Now I am pregnant for me now 9th week I went to scan today report says that I had monochorionic diaminotic twins it has been noted one fetus-a CRL measures 2.14cm to 8 weeks and 5 days. Heart beat activity 134bpm. Fetus-b CRL measures 1.97cm to 8 weeks 3 days heart beat activity 137bmp. Right ovary measures 3.5*2.8cm. Left ovaries measures 4.7*2cm both ovaries normal. Our family doctor said that is there is a more chance to abortion. This is true or not. We are under confusion pls say the remedies.
I am 27 yr married female. I have pcos from last 2 years. I want to conceive. My medication is going on but it is almost 2 years tht I am taking medicines. I just want to know are there no chances at all of conceiving during pcos.
I want to do sex with my girl friend can I know when it is safe to do sex for girls that avoid pregnancy.
Hi I want to know something about unprotected sex. Last night I had unprotected sex with my gf. We mostly use condoms but last night we didn't use any. She's on regular femilon tab. But since we didn't use condom last night we don't wana take any chance & under such circumstances can ECP be taken? Will it anyway hamper the effectiveness or work of femilon & also will ecp be safe & useful now?
There has been a long buildup of myths about connections between masturbation and the menstrual cycle. All through the ages, cultures have often frowned over masturbation and have discouraged it; as it happens, female masturbation has been discouraged by citing the idea that masturbation and menstruation are somehow connected and that the former has a harmful influence over the latter.
Does Masturbation really affect the Menstrual Cycle?
The clear answer to this is NO. Menstruation is definitely not affected in any way by masturbation let alone resulting in any health issues.
Is it safe to masturbate during periods?
It is perfectly safe and might even be beneficial for you. In fact, masturbation helps in relieving painful cramps during periods. Moreover, there is no proof associated with the concept that masturbating during periods is unsafe.
Bleeding after Masturbating
It does not happen commonly, but even if you see yourself bleeding after masturbating, there is no need for panicking thinking that masturbation has led to the bleeding. During masturbation, the cervix, vagina and the uterus experience an increase in blood flow. So, if you're using a sex toy probably too hard or if you go for deeper penetration with sharp or jagged fingernails, then that can in some cases lead to a small amount of bleeding. In all cases, a gentler touch might go a long way in avoiding bleeding.
Does Masturbation Delay your periods?
No, it doesn't. Masturbation has no influence on the timing of periods. If there is any irregularity, then it is possibly due to hormonal imbalance.