Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 28 years. After delivery when can we expect our regular periods. Now my baby is 9 month old.
Dysmenorrhea is a common complaint nowadays to get relieved from it prepare cumin decoction at home and drink twice on the first and second day of the period.
Cumin decoction preparation method:
Boil one glass water add one tsp of cumin seeds and stir it then add a pinch of salt, turmeric, and carom seeds.
I had sex with my bf without intercourse. It had happened with clothes onn. He was wearing underwear and I naked. It had happened near vaginal area but not in it. But now my stomach is paining and there is continuous headache. Am I pregnant should I take ipill?
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My wife was pregnant after marriage and she is 19 Now. After 70th day completion we went to doctor to check baby and mothers health check up. They have done transvaginal scan at that time. After 3 days naturally the baby was absaison. My doubt is Whether the doctors have done proper manner of scan or not and what are all the reason this was happen so that we can avoid such case in next time.
All wine lovers, behold. A recent study has found that red wine contains a compound called resveratrol which has similar health benefits of exercising or gymming. However, before you give up gymming and turn to a wine cellar, let’s delve deeper into this.
The actual study involved a control group of rats which were supplemented with resveratrol. The rats were then forced to run on a treadmill for days. Results showed that rats who had consumed resveratrol ran faster and longer than rats who did not have resveratrol. The rats that were induced with resveratrol had greater energy and glucose levels.
The health benefits of red wine are well known to all in terms of slimming your waist line, protecting you against dementia and cancer, anti-aging, effective mouthwash and more. And, now adding to these benefits, red wine has also proven to boost heart rate, thereby, increasing your ability to physically exert more. Even though it is an alcoholic beverage, red wine indeed is an elixir when consumed in moderation.
But, before you jump on the bandwagon, below are some important conclusions of the recent study conducted:
- The study was done on animals and it can be debatable, if it can apply to humans as well. It is not really sure, if animal studies can actually predict human reactions.
- The rats were supplemented with high doses of resveratrol equivalent to one full bottle of red wine. Consuming a whole bottle of red wine will add to more sugar and calories and outweigh the weight loss benefits of red wine.
- Resveratrol is also found in grapes. So, rather than gulping down a whole bottle of red wine, why not try a bowl of red grapes? This might be a more healthy way to consume resveratrol and enjoy its proven benefits.
- Resveratrol can help patients who are physically incapable of doing exercises. This magical compound, if supplemented in the right way can mimic exercise for such people and provide benefits for them.
- As the old saying goes, if something is too good to be true, then it probably is. The health benefits of red wine are abundant, but when it comes down to this study it is really not clear if does it really provide its proven benefits.
This study tends to focus more on people who are unable to get their workout done due to physical inabilities. If you are able to physically work out well, then go for it! There is nothing close to the real benefits of working out. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.