Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushilaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 23 years old unmarried female, for past 2 years sometime I have late period but not often like its regular for 3 to 4 months then for next month its not regular. Pls suggest me wat I do. Will I have problem in conceiving after marriage because of this.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 11 and a half year old daughter is 5' in height. My height is 5'3" Her menstrual cycle has started last month. What medicine should I give to her to increase her height. I need diet suggestions for her.
Hi doctor My friend wants to know in which month the fetus converts to boy or girl during pregnancy. She is 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. Please clarify the doubt.
15 days ago I have heavy white discharge, then after 3 days I got some vaginal infections, and I go to a gynecologist, he prescribed some medicines, after 7 days the infections are totally gone, but still now, I have this heavy white discharge, is it a serious problem? Now what should I do?
How girls have sex with random guys .how can I be one of them .what qualities girls sees in boy to have physical relation with them.
What should be the frequency of Sex to get pregnant and what is the best dates after period when chances of pregnancy is more? Does using Viagra before sex reduces sperms count or chances of pregnancy?
How safe is it to have sex before marriage? What are the precautions for safe sex apart from using condom and what if condom tears?
I delivered my first baby (girl) six months back through caesarean section horizontally on just above the pubic bone. Now, after six months it is paining me on left side of caesarean section? What could be the reason behind this pain? What tests I should take to diagnose this pain?
Hi my question is that I have an ovarian cyst that measures 10/10 cm. I want to know that is it treatable by medicines or surgery is required?
I do not get periods regularly. What I am suppose to do. When it comes it will b for ,7 days and the first two day flow will be more.
Sir meri girlfriend ka last period 2 August ko hua tah aur mai 6 August ko sex kiya uske bad 7 August ko unwanted 72 ka tablat khila diya tha to uska next period 2 September ko nahi hua uske bad 5 September aur 10 September ko prega news test kiya to negative aaya lekin avi tak period nahi hua h to kya wo pregnant h Please hep me.
Endometrium is thickened & hyperechoic (ET -- 17-18 mm.). Suggested Histopathological examination. HB - 8.60 gm% due to excess bleeding last period 17-29. Now 11-15 period bleeding is less than last period. Generally HB is 11gm%. What should we do. She is advised by Ayurveda : Amrit Juice, Pari Kalap & Green More of Moral Company. Is it right.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend when we were a little intoxicated, but stopped in 2 minutes. I took an ipill within 72 hours and a week after that I started to bleed, which I thought would be early periods due to the pill, however the flow was really low and it stopped within 2 days. I am really anxious and worried about the same. Please advice me on the same.
Actually I did ovulating test with the help of ovulation kit on May 10th on my 13th day the result is positive. Today I did it again with the ovulation kit the result is also positive. It means I'm pregnant or not.
It's been 5 months I got married And it's from then she is trying to conceive. We do have frequent intercourse. But she doesn't conceive Also in last 4 months she didn't have proper periods period where it varied from 22 days to 27 days. Also after intercourse I see that the fluid runs out of her vagina Later after intercourse she used to stay ideal with back upward so that the fluid can enter in. And waited for 30 mins in same pasture. When position changed to normal again the fluid started flowing out. She wishes badly to be a mother soon What we should do so that she can conceive.
I want to ask you ki kya pregnancy k doran periods ka rukna jruri hai ya kai baar periods continue rehte hain pregnancy mein. Kya hum pregnant hone k sath b peeiods aate rrhte hain hmein ya periods rukna bht jruri hai. Pls Dr. Hepl me.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.