Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushant ShindeYour feedback matters!
My brother suffering from rheumatic disease all joint pain swelling, fever specially in winter season take analgesic than relief. weakness in feet, hand. Age 25 year problem in childhood please advice me.
I am a male age 66 yrs. I am a diabetic since long and it is my family history. I am suffering with high blood presser, it was two times I had stunts fitted with my arteries I had my gold bladder removed. Now I come to current problem. The main thing is that I keep pain all over my body more on leg palm, knee, the middle portion between leg palm and knee and pain is all the 24 hours. I get cramps also at night. If you can be of help it will be great.
Getting knee pain, when walking or running more than 1 km per day, pain in between knee joints. What should i do to relief from pain?
I am 25 years old. I am having problem in bending knee! Once I used to kick at door and got pain! I think one of my nerve is pressed! Treatment needed.
My wife aged 40 years has following problems. (1) Swelling in Right leg from knee to toenail. (2) Pain at the joint of right leg and stomach.
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)
Hi Past 1.5 years i had suffering from Yellow Fever(jaundice) for this i coun,t wotk with my right leg. So doctor prefered me STAROID tabels. Using this tablet my leg is wotking but suddenly its effect on both side joints boll my blood from veins surculing slowly so that's effect my walking this time my LEFT leg isn't working without any support i amn't walking. From aug 2014 i am doing ayurvedic upchar in my city. This tablet working but last 3 months i m suffering with my left leg Will Can u give me answer for this injury?
Hello Dr. 3 years back I got my knee twist while I was on a trek after that I am not able to do any activity involving pressure on knee. My x-ray shows that the gap between my knee joints is less that the normal, Kindly suggest me some exercise and medicine as I am experiencing a constant pain in my inner side of the joint.
Hello Doctors, I have some pain in knee, this happen only when stand up after 5-10 siting. Such after toilet when I stand up its paining for few seconds, after that it automatically gone, and I am normal. Also facing few pain in kalai in left hand during have movements. Before few month, I was also pain in movement of one first finger in right hand, but now it's not there.
I can't sleep at night. I think I'm suffering from insomnia. Can you please help me to get out of it. Thanks.
I am having pain in my left knee. I'm unable to move my leg freely and there is problem in running or going upstairs. I have done MRI scan of my knee also. Doctor has advised to operate, but I don't want to operate. Can you pls suggest me another option.
Insomnia going through regular on my sleep and stress myself and I am not able to sleepy in nights and usually 10 pm to 1 am or 2.30 or sometimes 12. 30 am and some nights wake up this I could not continue my sleep any more.
I had knee twist on 31st december.I had pain initially however after a week i didnt have pain.However even now I have a instable knee.I took a xray it dint show up anything.But I still cant run.The knee slips everytime i try to jump or run and I have temporary pain.Can someone help me please.I dont want to opt for surgery
I have fat in my tummy. I had do walking and some exercise and diet too. But I have some problems on my knee, so doctor tell me don't do any exercises that should straining to the knee. Later it become osteoporosis. please suggest my some good exercises to reduce tummy and that do jot straining to the knee? please suggest a workout from youtube. please plz.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!