Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushant ShindeYour feedback matters!
I have a complete ACL tear .My activity level is high. I heard there is a non surgical repair way. How does that work? I want a complete recovery since i'm a sportsperson .Shall I go with reconstruction surgery?
Hello. I'm 18 years old. And I'm facing a bunch of problems. I'm having great HAIRFALL facing almost for a year and I think its rate is increasing day by day. Secondly I have very low Vision. I'm having glasses whose number is almost 8. Next I am suffering from pain in my knees. Whenever I sit or Stand there is some popping sounds in there. I'm very much worried about it. And I want immediate help. I think I'm very much worried about my hair loss.
I have pain in right knee and left heel for the last fifteen days. They happened earlier also, dont remember exactly when, they disappeared the way they appeared. I am now aged 64 plus. Xray report says it is decreased tibiofemoral & patellofemoral joint sapces, osteophytes ar femoral, petellar and tibial margins. No e/o lytic/ sclerotic lesion, they say its osteoarthiritis in my knee and in the heel, the report says early calaneal spur seen on both sides, articular margin and joint space are unremarkable and no detectable bony injury is seen. Please advise.
I am 24 years old and have severe joint pains in my body, pain in the fingers and knees is the most, have tried certain exercises but not much of result have been obtained, kindly guide and suggest for better. Thank yu.
I have dislocated shoulder arm in my right side and in left knee is there any treatment for this in ayurvedic.
Hello Sir, What is the perfect and easy treatment of arthritis (small joints) having minimum side effects
I have a small pain in my knees and backbone. I am 20 years old this is a big issue or I consult a doctor definitely or not.
I am 48 years old married woman, I hav sleepless since last few months, please advice remedy for insomnia.
I am suffering 1 year ago my first operation is not success Problem are � 1. Non union (femur) 2. Stiff knee I need help please call me this no.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
meniscal lesions and correcting
ligament deficit help to save the joint
from deteriorating and in specific
cases cartilage reconstruction can
also be carried out to save joints and
avoiding replacement surgery. All
joints can be managed by
arthroscopy with knee, shoulder, hip
being large joints and frequently
subjected for surgery.
If at all one has to undergo Joint
replacement a lot of improvement
can be achieved by using specialised
#2; Minimally invasive joint
replacement (MIS) : using not only
small incisions but preventing cutting
of muscles ,bones or tendons like
OCM approach and yet gaining
visibility of wide exposure is the crux
of MIS approaches. One should be
sufficiently trained in these to impart
#2; Partial/Unicondylar knee
arthroplasty: A majority of patients
have medial knee arthritis to begin
with and unicondylar knee
arthroplasty can save you from total
knee replacement for years to
decades. Advantages of high mobility
and kneeling, cross leg sitting and
#2; Computer Navigation Joint
replacement: This system can be
used with newer implants of any
make to optimise outcome with the
help of computer precision
technology with navigation systems
perfection can be aimed for implants
placement, thus achieving basic
essential of good function and
longevity of replaced joint.