Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suryakant Choudhary
Submit a review for Dr. Suryakant ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
My daughter, age 65 was under treatment for cancer and after six months has been discharged and at home. She is awfully weak and weighs around 32 kg. She finds it difficult to swallow and does not try enough (in my opinion). Any suggestion to prompt her to slowly get into more solid food and recoup?
What are the basic symptoms of Cancer to a common man? Can we get treatment of Cancer before it harmful to us?
Main 22 saal ki woman hun. Meri breast pe pain hota tha or lump feel hota tha, isiliye maine breast USG kiya. Report me like hai-" Both breast show abnormal proliferation of fibro glandular components with heterogeneous, coarse and echogenic parenchyma. Both breasts show thickenings of fibroglandular layers. Nodular accentuation of terminal ducto lobular' units are seen" 1.Parenchymal perfusion is inhomogeneously increased. 2.Both breasts are comparable. 3.There is no solid or cystic lesion seen. 4.No calcification is seen. 5.No axillary lymph node is seen. 6.Retro mammary spaces are normal. 7.Bilateral skin and subcutaneous fascial layers are normal. IMPRESSION- Focal Changes Of Fibroadenosis In Both Breasts. BIRADS-Category ll. Adv-6 monthly Follow Up. Main aab kya karu? Mujhe kya huya hai please bataiye? Serious kuch to nehi huya mere breast me? Main think toh ho jayungi nah doctors? please REPORT DEKHKE bataiye Please
Hello doctor! I just wanna knw what are the initials symptoms of the disease cancer and how to take precaution form that and what are the tests to be performed to detect cancer?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Don't smoke. If you've never smoked, don't start. Talk to your children about not smoking so that they can understand how to avoid this major risk factor for lung cancer. Begin conversations about the dangers of smoking with your children early so that they know how to react to peer pressure.
2. Stop smoking. Stop smoking now. Quitting reduces your risk of lung cancer, even if you've smoked for years. Talk to your doctor about strategies and stop-smoking aids that can help you quit. Options include nicotine replacement products, medications and support groups.
3. Avoid secondhand smoke. If you live or work with a smoker, urge him or her to quit. At the very least, ask him or her to smoke outside. Avoid areas where people smoke, such as bars and restaurants, and seek out smoke-free options.
4. Avoid carcinogens at work. Take precautions to protect yourself from exposure to toxic chemicals at work. Follow your employer's precautions. For instance, if you're given a face mask for protection, always wear it. Ask your doctor what more you can do to protect yourself at work. Your risk of lung damage from workplace carcinogens increases if you smoke.
5. Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. Choose a healthy diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Food sources of vitamins and nutrients are best. Avoid taking large doses of vitamins in pill form, as they may be harmful. For instance, researchers hoping to reduce the risk of lung cancer in heavy smokers gave them beta carotene supplements. Results showed the supplements actually increased the risk of cancer in smokers.
6. Exercise most days of the week. If you don't exercise regularly, start out slowly. Try to exercise most days of the week.