Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Survana RaviYour feedback matters!
Allowed foods - Many healthy and delicious foods are naturally gluten-free like beans, seeds and nuts in their natural, unprocessed form fresh eggs, fresh meats, fish and poultry (not breaded, batter-coated or marinated), Fruits and vegetables, most dairy products. It's important to make sure that they are not processed or mixed with gluten-containing grains, additives or preservatives. Many grains and starches can be part of a gluten-free diet such as: amaranth arrowroot buckwheat corn and cornmeal flax, gluten-free flours (rice, soy, corn, potato, bean), hominy (corn). Millet quinoa rice, sorghum Soy, tapioca Ttff needs to be avoided. Avoid all food and drinks containing: barley (malt, malt flavoring and malt vinegar are usually made from barley), rye Triticale (a cross between wheat and rye), wheat. Avoiding wheat can be challenging because wheat products go by numerous names. Consider the many types of wheat flour on supermarket shelves bromated, enriched, phosphated, plain and self-rising. Here are other wheat products to avoid: durum flour, farina graham flour, kamut semolina spelt avoid unless labeled'gluten-free'. In general, avoid the following foods unless they're labeled as gluten-free or made with corn, rice, soy or other gluten-free grain. Beer, breads, cakes and pies, candies and cereals, communion wafers, cookies and crackers, croutons French fries, gravies imitation meat or seafood Matzo, pastas, processed luncheon meats, salad dressing sauces, including soy sauce, seasoned rice mixes, seasoned snack foods, such as potato and tortilla chips, self-basting poultry Soups and soup bases Vegetables in sauce, certain grains, such as oats, can be contaminated with wheat during growing and processing stages of production. For this reason, doctors and dietitians generally recommend avoiding oats unless they are specifically labeled gluten-free. You should also be alert for other products that you eat or that could come in contact with your mouth that may contain gluten. These include: food additives, such as malt flavoring, modified food starch and others medications and vitamins that use gluten as a binding agent.
Daily walnut consumption could have beneficial effects when it comes to delaying age-related health issues. Findings from walnuts and healthy aging study indicate that eating the nuts could positively impact blood cholesterol levels without adverse effects on body weight among older adults.
The trial, conducted by researchers from the hospitals clinic of Barcelona, Spain, and Loma Linda university, us, saw 707 healthy older adults divided into two groups. One group added daily doses of walnuts totaling around 15% of their caloric intake to their diets while the other group stayed off the nuts. The walnut-eating group experienced significant LDL cholesterol reductions.
My wife is 38 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday our gynecologist removed her cervical stitch. She has body itching since last night. She had citizen tablet last night. But it's not controlled. Today we put AVIL injection. Still she is having itching. Is there any problem?
From last 2 months. Periods are happening with me 2 times a month. .wat medicine should I take. Please reply soon .
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
I have PCOD problem. I got married 2.5 years back. My menstrual cycle is irregular. Even I have undergone DHL but still my periods are irregular. I need a solution for this.
I have two daughters 7,5 years old.After the second child's birth my wife did the surgery and stop the pregnancy.Now we need a another child,can she pregnant now with the help of surgery. She has 32 years old.
Till which month having sex with pregnant is allowed. Or can the partners have sex till the fortieth week of pregnancy.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The transition from being a woman to motherhood is a beautiful journey that remains memorable for a lifetime, for the mother as well as those around her who care for her and love her. There may be times when the health conditions and the pregnancy related discomfort may leave a bad taste, but it is also taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten as soon as the baby arrives. Whatever, may happen to the mother, but she would always try to make sure that the baby is safe and healthy when he arrives in this world. She always wishes that her child grows into a healthy toddler and a well developed adult.
While we may practice all sorts of care and caution in the course of a pregnancy, there are times when the body systems fail to function regularly, which is when the real problems arise. One of the most common, yet risky problems that usually appears or aggravates during pregnancy is the problem of glucose. A lot of women experience the problem of diabetes during pregnancy because their blood sugar goes extremely high with the changes in the lifestyle, dietary and hormonal conditions. In cases of women who may be patients of diabetes before pregnancy, they may experience increased blood sugar levels and may need to go on extra medication to keep their condition under control.
The types and effects of diabetes:
There are majorly two types of diabetes which is pre-existing and gestation induced. In the case of the pre-existing condition, the woman may already be suffering from diabetes before she conceived and in the gestational diabetes, the woman may have developed the condition after getting pregnant and may be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy is over. While it may be common in pregnant woman to develop high blood sugar, there are a number of things that could go wrong:
- Pregnant women with diabetes may find it difficult to go in for a natural labour and may have to opt for induced labour or even a caesarean delivery.
- It is also possible that women who already suffer from diabetes before pregnancy are more likely to carry a baby that is larger than regular babies.
- Developing diabetes may open up the doors for a lot of other disorders and diseases in the women such as problem with vision or disorders of the body organs such as kidneys.
- The foetus that develops in the womb may also be exposed to health issues and lack of development in the organs.
- If the baby is born fairly healthy, it may end up developing diseases after birth or even in adult life, which may be due to the diabetes in the mother at the time of the pregnancy.
- In extreme cases, the woman may undergo a miscarriage or the baby may be a still born.
In order to, be able to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it may be essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist is chosen for regular checks and the meeting schedules with the doctor are followed religiously to rule out the possibility of unhealthy consequences.