Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Survana RaviYour feedback matters!
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
To know more, take a private consultation today!
If a girl of 17 years and had very less immunity very fastly get tired. But her boyfriend want too do sex daily and she also wants to do sex daily to made her boyfriend happy and they do sex daily. Is there any problem regrading to the girls health?
I have seven year girl and my wife monthly cycle is irregular that is pcod problem and fertility egg are not strong to conceive thas why two time missed abortion. Pl tell medicine or it cure it.
Men in one study gave women?s breasts a score of 8.5 out of 10 which was the highest score in the set. So this proves once again that boobs are a woman?s primary sexual at-tractors for men.
Hi I am 39 years old. Last year in may I had sex and it was unprotected for the first time on 20th nay 2016. After that I did not have sex for about a year. This year my last period happened on 26th march 2017, in the month of april my period did not start and I was not worried because I did not have any sex. But on 13th of may I had unprotected sex with a man who is 53 years old. My period did not come till date. I have hypothyroid also. What are the chances of my being pregnant? And after hiw many days of sex should I check with home pregnancy kit? Pls advise me as I do not want any baby.
My girlfriend is 23 years old. Recently she started to have irregular periods. From last two three months she is having blood discharge for three days only. This month she got her period 10 days earlier. We are in physical relation but not frequently. A gap of two months is common. She started feeling such problem after she had taken a emergency pill "unwanted 72" three months back. Please tell me that is it any serious issue or just a common thing?
Hi. I am married. I took aborting tablets with the consultation of doctor but it does not know to my husband because it was too earlier. Now I am married 6 months ago. I have regular periods. If I go to treatment now does my earlier abortion comes to know. Does earlier abortion even with proper consulting leads to infertility. My husband is also too weak. Pls suggest what could I do to hide my earlier abortion?
Recently I make to know. sometime I used to get panic attacks.. I wanted to know what diet should I add to my food.please help.
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
Doctor this is sanvi. I have got vaginal bleeding 13 after my period day. Can you say me the reason, why I got that, is that serious. What I have to do now.
Can a sperm pass through clothes? My boyfriend ejaculated near my vagina and I was wearing an underwear and pad on as I was expecting chums. Still I haven't got chums. My chums are irregular not only this time but many times. Please suggest what to do as it's s serious matter.
At some point of time we all go through a rough patch and these are the times when we suffer from certain disorders. In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality, but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems.
Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:
- Desire disorders: It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders: If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism.
Is mala d is helpful to take after 72 hours of unprotected sex If yes than how many tablet she take.
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
Report to a Doctor as soon as any symptom related to miscarriage appears.
I had a unsafe sex with my bf on 14th june, I eat unwanted 72 after 1 hour of sex, my monthly periods date is 12th of every month, after 4 days of sex little amount of bleeding like 4-5 drops now 24 th july, my periods is stopped, this is my first time sex so pls help me waht to do.
I had asked question asking what is the best period to have sex as per the menstrual cycle in order to avoid pregnancy?. I gt one ans frm doc is 3rd day till 11day and the other doctor said 7days before periods and 7 days after periods have minimum chances of pregnancy. So whom to follow can anyone answer it clearly.
I am planning for pregnancy this month taking intake of cashews and Almond daily is good or not. What are the foods to be taken for a healthy pregnancy?
I am suffering from pcos from 1 year when my test was done. But I had periods normally but not on same date. I am trying to pregnant from 5 years.
Today is World Health Day, let's see what is affecting health the most, world over. Our lifestyles, while full of luxuries that can make our lives easier and better in a lot of ways have actually increased our chances of suffering from a plethora of related health conditions. A lot of the diseases we suffer from today are either caused by sedentary lifestyles or the immense pollution that plagues the modern world.
Here are 4 factors of a modern day lifestyle that are ruining your health.
1. Binging on processed and junk foods
Apart from being high in sugar, salt, and fat content, processed foods are chief sources of synthetic food additives. Preservatives, artificial colors, and flavor enhancers are used in most processed foods. Besides the fact that packaged foods are stale, most of them do not go through proper tests to determine their long-term health risks. Usage of various types of chemicals and artificial additives do their part in worsening the case.
2. Use of tablets, computers, and cell phones
One often hears how cell phones lead to disastrous traffic accidents. But most people are unaware that excessive use of cell phones can lead to ear cancer. Besides, it has been found that the signals emitted for telecommunication purposes lead to stunted growths of trees and other agricultural abnormalities, thereby affecting the quality of the food you consume.
Moreover, computers and tablets are making people more engrossed in a virtual world rather than reality, giving rise to feelings of alienation and depression. In fact, addiction to social media is fast becoming one of the major factors of depression amongst teenagers and young adults.
Also, addiction to technological gadgets is fostering laziness in children of today, making them prone to obesity and associated health risks. Children these days rather play games on their phones than play outside, which also hampers their social and interpersonal skills in a negative manner.
3. Modern transport
The polluting effects of vehicles are a well-discussed fact. Fumes emitted from vehicles can give rise to respiratory syndromes. But besides that, cars, bikes and other means of transport are making people lethargic. Instead of walking short distances, people prefer to use automobiles. Most people tend to use elevators and escalators instead of using the stairs. These lead to less physical activities and decreased physical health.
4. Long working hours
Long working hours are another aspect of a modern lifestyle that is leading to a number of health complications in individuals. Not only is sitting long hours in front of the computer screen bad for your eyes, it's bad for your posture too and can give rise to severe neck and back pain along with headaches. Moreover, long working hours add to stress levels, thereby affecting your overall health and making you prone to diseases such as hypertension and heart diseases.