Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Survana Ravi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Survana RaviYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 26 years old married girl. I have done d&c on 22nd april because of missed abortion. Sine then I had no periods. I consulted my gynae for the same and she prescribed me with sysron and thrice a day for 3 days. I completed the course last week only but I had no periods yet. Also after 3 days of completing the course of sysron and I had little spotting if brown thick mucus kind secretion. What should I do now so that I get my period? pls help me with your great pool of knowledge. Regards.
Respected doctor. Actually I had unprotected sex on 3rd nd had taken unwanted 72pill on that day. I again had sex after 10 days i.e. Today on 13th. So can I take unwanted 72? Will it cause any harm if taken in an interval of 10 days. please help. Will b highly grateful for an early response.
I am in a pregnancy treatment for 4 months. I have taken medicines like folic acid, evatone ,siphene, and conseval. previous month I hav done a hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy findings are:- Uterus adherent to right pelvic wall. My right tubes and right ovary was not visualized. Left tubes and ovary visualized. Left tube appeared unhealthy endometrial spots seen in POD. Same electrofulgurated. Chromopertubation done. Slow fill and spill seen on left side. Irrigation done. Ports removed under vision. If it possible for me to get pregnant without higher treatments like ivf .what should I do next. please give me a suggestion.
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
I know for a guy, sex is over once he ejaculates. But when is the sex over for a girl? because i've always been told in sex ed that the guy is" finished" once he cums & that girls don't always ejaculate during sex. But I never really thought to ask about when a girl is" finished" so when does a guy know the sex has finished for both, if the girl doesn't always" finish off" like guys do?
Heather corinna replies:
- For men or women, sex is over when one or both partners don't want to have it anymore, either because they both feel satisfied with the sex they had, or just because one partner or both, even if the sex didn't result in orgasm, or feel like they wanted it to, just feels done with the whole works and not very interested in sex anymore.
- Obviously, some partners may decide for their partners that sex is over just because they are have gotten what they wanted out of it, but since partnered sex is supposed to be about two people, not one, that's not an approach i'd advise for a sex life of any real quality for everyone involved.
- Sex isn't just about orgasm, or about getting one or both people to orgasm, and having that be the whole point. Sex is about the people involved experiencing physical and emotional pleasure together throughout, with or without orgasm, before, during and after. Ideally, during sex, we're both checking in with our partner to tell them what feels good and to ask if they are feeling good. We ask what our partner wants throughout sex, and that communicationis part of sex. We don't need to just guess or wonder, nor assume that because one or both of us has reached orgasm, sex is or should be over.
- One thing to understand is that men and women alike can reach orgasm more than once: just because a person reaches orgasm once or ejaculates doesn't necessarily mean they're all done. Now, not everyone can ejaculate or orgasm more than once, nor can people who can do those things do them every day or even want to every time they have sex. But often enough in your sex life, you'll probably fine that reaching orgasm once, for you and your partner, doesn't automatically turn off your or their desire for more sex or other kinds of physical intimacy.
- As well, just because one person reaches orgasm doesn't mean sex is over or done: what you were taught in sex ed, in fact, may have been biased. For a very long time, through much of our history, women's sexuality was all but dismissed, or made to only be about satisfying men. Many, many women have been taught that what determines when sex is over is when a male partner says that it is or reaches orgasm. But just because a guy feels done doesn't mean his partner does (that's huge with vaginal intercourse, since while most men will orgasm with that alone, most women will not, and additionally, on average, it takes women longer to reach orgasm than it does men), nor that, even if he can't get another erection, the sex has to be over: sex isn't just about genitals or erection, for men or women. We can and do have sex with more than a penis or our genitals: we have hands, mouths and all kinds of other body parts which are sexual for both of us. Too, a lot of the way people approach sexuality when teaching it is based around reproduction, even though not only is sex not about that for everyone, even for those trying to reproduce through sex, it's still usually also about pleasure and about sharing something intimate together. By all means, when a male and female couple is having sex to try and reproduce, once the male ejaculates, that's all that's needed to make pregnancy possible: a woman doesn't have to orgasm or ejaculate to become pregnant.
- Women with male partners do often know when their partner has an orgasm, but not just because he ejaculates (if he does: men sometimes do not ejaculate when they orgasm: they're usually related, but separate, events). Sex is a pretty goopy, wet enterprise, and often, a woman isn't going to specifically feel that her partner has ejaculated if his penis is inside her vagina, which is also a wet place. With oral sex, because semen has a taste, you can tell, and with manual sex or mutual masturbation, you can see ejaculation. Often, whatever the gender of our partner, if our genitals, mouths, or hands are around or in their genitals, we can learn to feel the contractions which usually happen with orgasm, and have a pretty good idea of when a partner is having one. All the same, women usually know best when their male partners have reached orgasm because they say so, as in" holey moley, that orgasm rocked".
Hi I am 23 years old My Body is getting so tried than I am having body pain headache and nervous than I got marriage jan 2017 still I did not get pregnancy please suggest me what is the solution.
Hi. M 20 year old female. I guess m having yeast infection. As my vaginal discharge is very thick. N its secreting in large amount. Wht oral medicine cn b taken.
Dear sir and madam I have sex with my girl friend in first time my Pines is kept in the my girlfriend vagina but I am not totally kept my pennis in vagina because vagina is tight next time what I do comfortable sex with my girlfriend. please ans me.
Hello sir, I am a 28 years old women, I got married at the age of 20. Nearly 8 years i am doing sex with my husband. At the starting and all my vagina was tight and my husband enjoyed a lot. But now vagina is too loose when he injecting his penis into my vagina I do not feel anything. Then when i am doing sex with my husband when he inject his penis a thick water like substance is flowing in my vagina so we are not comfortable due to this problem, already my vagina is too loose due this watery substance he did not like to do sex .so please give me a solution to get tight vagina and also for this too much watery lubricant flowing in my vagina.
I had an unprotected sex on 20th feb and then took I pill within 4 hours. After that I had sex few more times but always with the protection. But it's been 2 month now and I am not having my period. I took a home pregnancy test and it showed negative. I am so tensed. Please tell me why I am not getting my period. And am I pregnant? I gained few pounds in this duration. Please reply soon.
Hello respected doctors I am 3mnth pregnant and I had intercourse wth my huby last nyt and today I am feeling little bit pain in tummy sometime is it normal.
Haiii, I had sex with my bf 15 days before my period. I got my period at regular time. I have not missed my period. But now I am feeling stress. There is any chance of getting pregnancy after periods also.
What is text neck syndrome?
Text neck is the term used to describe the neck pain and damage sustained from looking down at your cell phone, tablet, or other wireless devices too frequently and for too long.
Symptoms of text neck syndrome?
Text neck most commonly causes neck pain and soreness. In addition, looking down at your cell phone too much each day can lead to:
Upper back pain ranging from a chronic, nagging pain to sharp, severe upper back muscle spasms. Shoulder pain and tightness, possibly resulting in painful shoulder muscle spasm. If a cervical (neck) nerve becomes pinched, pain and possibly neurological symptoms can radiate down your arm and into your hand
How is text neck treated?
First, prevention is key. Here are several pieces of advice for preventing the development or advancement of text neck:
@hold your cell phone at eye level as much as possible. The same holds true for all screens - laptops and tablets should also be positioned so the screen is at eye level and you don't have to bend your head forward or look down to view it.
@take frequent breaks from your phone and laptop throughout the day. For example, set a timer or alarm that reminds you to get up and walk around every 20 to 30 minutes. If you work in an office, make sure your screen is set up so that when you look at it, you are looking forward, with your head positioned squarely in line with your shoulders and spine.
The bottom line is to avoid looking down with your head bent forward for extended periods throughout the day.
Next, rehabilitation is important. Consult physiotherapist get it check and start with specific rehabilitation.
Recurrent pregnancy loss is termed as the occurrence of three or more miscarriages. Recently, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine has altered the definition and limited the number of miscarriages to two. A pregnancy loss can only be termed so if the pregnancy is clinically recognized and is ends involuntarily before 20 weeks. The pregnancy loss must be identified by a registered doctor to term it as pregnancy loss.
What are the major causes of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss?
There could be a lot of reasons behind recurrent pregnancy loss. Most of the pregnancy failure happens from reasons such as abnormalities of the genes, chromosomes and other random events. It is estimated that close to 15 percent of the pregnancies end up in miscarriages. While 30-60 percent of the pregnancies expire within the first 12 weeks, fifty percent of the women are believed to be not aware of the pregnancy in the first place. The risk of miscarriage, however, is less than 50 percent.
An advanced maternity age is another crucial factor towards recurrent 2pregnancy loss. The risk of miscarriage dramatically increases among these women owing to their poor quality of egg, abnormalities in the chromosome etc. At a time, it has been observed that either the father or the mother might have irregularities in the gene leading to early miscarriage.
An abnormality in the uterus might also be a reason for a miscarriage. Poor blood supply and inflammation of the uterus are two of the topmost reason for miscarriages among many women. While some women born with a defective uterus, some develop uterus anomalies due to lifestyle and unhealthy life practices.
Last but not the least, a woman’s immune system might also play a pivotal role towards a miscarriage. Certain hormonal irregularities, diabetes and thyroid diseases might lead to a miscarriage. Then there are the environmental factors such as stress, occupational factors, lifestyle practices etc that contributes towards a miscarriage.
What are the tests conducted?
To evaluate the exact reason for repeated miscarriages, a doctor performs a detailed physical and surgical examination. Some other areas where a doctor sneaks into include family history, genetic history etc. A karyotype test might also be prescribed in case a doctor feels the need of doing so. The uterus cavity and the uterus are closely monitored to understand any potential lack in the anatomy. This is followed by a list of imaging tests that a doctor might prescribe. These include MRI, X-ray, hysteroscopy etc.
What are the treatment options?
The treatment options are decided based on the finding of the tests. Sometimes plain medicines along with antibiotics can cure the condition, while sometimes surgery might be required to fix any potential threat within the uterus. In any case, the probability of future pregnancy after treatment goes as high as 77 percent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gudi Padwa celebrates the beginning of the traditional Hindu year and the day of the festival is the first day of the Chaitra month of the Hindu calendar.
The main entrance of the house is decorated with mango leaves and red flowers which are considered favorable for this occasion.Prior to hoisting the Gudi, Lord Brahma is worshipped. He is worshipped because on this particular day he created the universe out of chaos, for which he is also known as the creator of the world.
Buying gold, new vehicle or anything new is considered to bring prosperity if done on this day.
Today with the augment of cheer and joy, Gudi Padwa is a celebration that is much awaited for and this is a time when people pray for the well being of the people. It is believed that good wins over evil and is an auspicious day for all.