Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
Causes and Treatment for Corn on Skin
1st of all let us take a call on how is the corn formed. Corn is a small patch of skin, thickened skin, dead plug of skin which is found in feet sometimes, in hands too. What are the causes? Improper walking, uneven pressure on feet, ill fitting shoes etc. All this lead to friction of the feet thus thickening the underlining skin to sustain that pressure. What are the available treatments? Corn caps, acids, surgical excisions. Surgical excisions can offer relief but has big healing time and tedious post op care. Ayurveda offers immediate relief to the long standing pain by Agnikarma. Agni karma has been mentioned by Acharya Susrut, corn has been described as Kaddar in Ayurveda, it is treated by Shalaka Dahan.
This is a superior para-surgical procedure in management of not only corn but other health ailments also by pancha dhatu shalaka the tool for cauterization. This procedure doesn’t require any anesthesia, no hospitalization and minimum post op care. The patient goes on walking comfortably with reduced pain.
How is the treatment done. 1st the area is cleaned and dried, heated shalaka is then applied to the corn till the pain is sensed by the patient. Immediately the shalaka is removed and healing cream is applied, patient can comfortably walk back home. Now I will show you how a shalaka looks, (displaying) this is a shalaka, it’s a panchadhatu shalaka. This point is heated and applied to the corn. Very comfortable procedure and no post op care.
For more information please contact us on www.lybrate.com thank you.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surjeet Kaur
Laser Hair Removal
Prp Hair Transplant
Hair Care Procedure
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Hair Patch Procedure
Hair Restoration Techniques
Laser Hair Removal - Face
Treatment of Hair Diseases
Facial Hair Transplant
Stem Cell Therapy
Hair Bonding Procedure
Hair Replacement Treatment
Anti Ageing Treatment
Laser Hair Reduction
Hair Transplant Surgery
Biofibre Hair Implant
Submit a review for Dr. Surjeet KaurYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Surjeet Kaur to be sensible. Thank u mam
I am having serious dandruff problem, at first I was having hair fall and dandruff both, but I somehow manage to stop hair fall to a limit by proper diet and vitamins. But I don't, t know hoe to stop dandruff as it is also leading to small amount of hair fall also. Plss help me I am really in great problem. All the time itchiness on my scalp is also making me fell worst and when I exercise, I fell a lot of itchiness and that feeling can, t be explained when sweat reaches to my scalp and make me feel that what can be more worse than that.
Hello I am losing my hair and my hair are in very bad condition so please give me some advice about my hair.
Now hair fall is stop but can those hair are fall which can regrowth again? If yes then what I want to do?
I am a 24 years old female, I'm suffering from acne since many years. They come and go. But the problem is I have a lot of scars on my face to a extent that my whole face is filled with that. I was feedup of it and as treatment was also not benefiting I stopped the treatment. Now that I have engagement in 3 weeks I'm totally stressed on it. I have been trying all the natural remedies but no use. So can you suggest me anything which will make my scars go in 3 weeks except laser treatment I'm afraid of it. Thank you.
Hello. I am a 23 year girl. I have been suffering from extreme hair loss since few months. But yesterday I combed my hair and more than 30% of my hair fell and it is continuing. I am extremely tensed as this september I am getting married. I just want to know what are the eatables or home remedies that would help me to stop the hair fall and grow hair. I heard there are certain juice or eatables that would help. Please can you help me? Please name what to eat or apply?
I am civil engineer and I do all day work on site and travel alot and take unhealthy diet due to unavailability of resources so this is the cause of my hair fall because from few days this problem increased so much please give suggestion for stopping hair fall in such environment.
Hair are the most adjustable feature of your face and you can easily transform healthy hair into whatever style you prefer. However, healthy, shiny hair requires nourishment which can easily be achieved by adding foods with necessary nutrients to your diet.
Listed below are a few food items you need to add to your diet for healthy hair:
- Fish oil: Fish oil is present in fatty fishes and is high in omega-3 fats which are important requisites for healthy hair. Almost 3per cent of your hair strand is made up of this oil and it can also be found in the cell membranes of the scalp. Hence, loading up on omega-3 fatty acids is a great way to provide nourishment to your hair shaft and the scalp.
- Coconuts: Coconuts are fruits brimming with potassium, which is an essential electrolyte and provides nourishment to the nutrients already present in the cells. Coconuts consist of Vitamins A and K along with essential fats which can be used for cooking instead of vegetable oil because of its high smoke point (the temperature at which cooking oils begin breaking down).
- Greek yogurt: It is packed with protein which is the fundamental unit of a hair strand, this delicious food item is a must-add to your diet. Greek yogurt also contains pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) which boosts blood flow to your scalp and combats hair thinning and hair fall.
- Spinach: Adding Popeye’s favorite vegetable to your diet is always a good idea as it is packed with essential nutrients. It is an excellent item to battle brittle hair as it boasts of vitamin A and C, iron, beta-carotene and folate (essential nutrients for hair growth). These ingredients together moisturize your hair to keep the strands stronger.
- Sweet potatoes: With age and constant exposure to pollution, your locks lose their natural shine. To recover the lost radiance, add sweet potatoes to your meals as they are packed with beta-carotene which changes into Vitamin A in your body and revitalizes the release of sebum in your scalp. Sebum forestalls your strands from drying out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 28 years old my problem is dark circle and black spot on my face. How to remove these please tell me.
Ayurveda or 'science of life' believes in a holistic approach to health and well-being. Lifestyles have changed with more of processed and refined food, less of natural food, reduced exercise, increased sedentary patterns, etc. With this, there is a growing incidence of obesity – both the age of onset and the severity of progression.
Ayurveda attributes good health to a balance between three elements – vaata, kapha, and pitta. The imbalance between the three leads to ill health, including obesity.
Weight loss, according to Ayurveda, includes a holistic approach with lifestyle changes, dietary changes, yoga asanas, and some Ayurvedic remedies.
Dietary changes: A number of herbs are used, which reduce fat accumulation, reduce triglyceride levels, improve insulin resistance, and improve fat-waist ratios.
- Have a lukewarm mixture of black pepper, lime juice, and honey first thing in the morning.
- Boil cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and fennel seeds; strain and drink throughout the day.
- Have honey mixed with cinnamon powder.
- Fight obesity with herbs like ginger, triphala, licorice, guggul, and wild gooseberries.
- Avoid whites like rice, salt, sugar, and refined flours like maida.
- Eat seasonal and natural vegetables and fruits along with dairy products.
- Ensure adequate hydration of about three liters per day to get rid of toxins, which are formed during weight loss.
Massage: Ayurveda recommends specific massages aimed at weight loss.
- Abhyangam: This massage done using warm herbal oils helps in revitalizing and reenergizing the body. It is a great detox method by improving blood and lymphatic circulation, eliminating wastes, and improving nutritional supply at a cellular level.
- Udwarthanam: This is a special dry massage using dry herbal powders and vigorous strokes/movements. They are believed to help in breaking up fatty deposits, improving blood circulation, and improving overall muscle tone.
- Ginger: Helps in cholesterol metabolism, reduces fat accumulation, and controls fatty acid oxidation
- Triphala: Helps to maintain a lean body mass, prevents fat accumulation, and helps weight loss
- Garcinia cambogia: Stops fat accumulation, prevents visceral fat formation and alters fat synthesis
- Guggul or Commiphora: Another fat burner, which reduces total cholesterol and triglycerides and improves levels of good cholesterol
- Licorice or Glycyrrhiza Glabra: Has phyto-chemicals and flavonoids, which reduce triglyceride levels.
- Kalonji: Reduces waist-hip ratios and body mass index
- Include yoga asanas like Ardha Chandraasana, which are aimed at weight loss. Any yoga is useful in detox and improving metabolism.
- Quit smoking.
- Quit or consume alcohol only in moderation.
- Follow a regular sleep routine of 7 to 8 hours.
- Maintain adequate hydration.
The health and beauty habits we had during our 20s and 30s were fairly simple. We just had to do the basics - wear sunscreen, exercise, and eat healthy foods. During that period of our lives, our bodies were resilient. We could stay up late, have the occasional unhealthy meal, and skip a couple of days at the gym without a problem.
However, by the time you hit your 40s, your body begins to change. Since turning 40, your body parts want to connect with the floor. Not only that, your stomach is sensitive, You can’t stay up past 10 p.m., and if you don’t exercise regularly, again, the whole operation starts inching closer to the floor.
Keeping ourselves healthy and beautiful post-40 takes work. So here are some tips to keep your post-40 body at its most lovely.
- Dietary requirements for women: Until the age of 40, a woman can get away with being a bit naughty about her diet. However, after the age of 40, the important hormones in her body are more imbalanced than before. This imbalance is further accentuated if her lifestyle and nutrition is not managed wisely. According to Ayurveda, a woman over the age 40 has to control her diet aggressively. This can be done by reducing fats and carbohydrates while ensuring the body is nourished by fibers and sufficient amount of vitamins, calcium, minerals and protein.
- Take Your Vitamins: Taking vitamins after 40 is the difference between having healthy looking skin and glossy hair, and having sallow skin and hair that is a dry mess. So take your vitamins - just like when you were a kid!
- Exercise Daily: When you were younger, your body didn’t show the effects of a couple of days of missed exercise. However, when you are in our 40s, working out is critical. Your body quickly loses its agility if you don’t exercise it daily. You don’t have to spend 2 hours a day at an expensive gym. Have a regular exercise regime that you can do consistently is the best gift that you can give yourself.
- Take Care of Your Feet and Back: Your feet and back do big jobs for you. They support your weight and make walking easier or harder, depending on your health condition. For those of us who don’t live in warm climates, we tend to neglect your feet during the winter months because they aren’t visible. However, caring for your feet all year round, including regular pedicures, at home or at the salon, is important to keeping your feet healthy. And our back health is critical. Back injuries do not heal quickly, especially as we age. Make sure to stretch your back daily, sleep on a firm bed, and take care when lifting either children or furniture. Your back will thank you.
- Sleep!: Gone are the days when you can stay up until 2 a.m., and still look great the next day. These days, if you stay up until 2 a.m., the next morning, you look like you are 90. After 40, sleep makes a big difference in one’s appearance. Even after a quick 10-minute nap, you look refreshed and about 5 years younger. So make your sleep a priority.
Yes, taking care of our post-40 bodies is work. Taking care of your body is a full-time job! Well, it may not be that bad in your 40s, but caring for your bodies as you get older requires some effort. However, looking and feeling great will be the payback for a job well done. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.