Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surinder HansraYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from high blood pressure ie 120*180 since 2 years. I neglected it and then my doctor got me on medication prolomet AM 25. Since then the blood pressure is lowered upto 95*145 but I am not feel that energetic through out the day and if I do not take my medicine I feel pain in my chest. Please guide me if this medicine is correct and also tell me what are the side effects of the medicine. Is there any way I can have some home remedy OR yoga and avoid medicine.
Dear Sir, I am 30 years old. Once I just randomly thought to check my blood pressure and I was shocked to see it wasn't normal it was 127/85. Then after 3 weeks I checked again it was 133/90. Can you please tell me what can be the reason? Or do you think I should follow some diet. As I don't want to be on medicine at this early age. I am little worried as its in the family. Please advice.
M suffering from high blood pressure from last 5-6years. M taking amlosafe at one at morning n half in evening. Doreme50 n clonafit. 5 at night. Hw safe r dese medicines n hw safe I m to hv such disease at dis young age. please suggest me to hw shud I lead my lyf further.
My uncle just suffered from cardiac surgery. Now doctor saying to installed Pacemaker machine I do not know much about it. Any one help regarding cost and how does it work.
When I do exercise I feel breathlessness ecg and chest xray are ok. What are the reason and what is the treatment for breathing problems.
I am 57 year (M) weight-75 kg. Having BP, blood Sugar-type 2 also on medication since 5 year, today I feel very uncomfortable & week at morning, immediately I measured my BP and result is 100/65 then I consult with Dr. Over phone he advised me to stop the bp medicine for two days and checkup BP after 2 days. What is reason that suddenly my BP is low, Moreover I have less apatite I can't take more food as required, because I will not get any test in food. Waiting for your valuable suggestions/advise early.
I am 50 yers old I am a diabetic patient and bp patient. Am using sugar free tablet for sweetness. Is any side effect fr using dat tablets.in tea r milk. If any side effects wt can I use for sweetness. Kindly confirm. Thnk you.
I suffer from chest pain sometimes and I have to face lots of problem with my body tell me please what to do?
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
Related Tip: Heart Care in Your Hands