Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Septic Arthritis of Hip is relatively uncommon condition in children, but it should be suspected in a child who is ill, toxic and unable to walk. Movement of the affected joint is not possible because of pain. Diagnosis is confirmed by raised white cell count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate(ESR) and perhaps by effusion on ultrasound images. No test is perfectly sensitive or specific, so expert clinical judgement is required.
Urgent surgical drainage should be done to save the hip joint from destruction or to reduce the risk of late osteoarthritis.
- Diagnosis may be particularly difficult in neonates.
- Staphylococcus aureus is the usual infective organism.
- Patient will need long term antibiotic therapy.
- Weight bearing should be avoided until complete recovery.
I am 22 year old. I got this problem most of the time that whenever I play field games back pain occurs and in cricket whenever a ball hit on my fingers it swell always. I don't know what is this ?
I had backache and stomach pain since last month what medication should I take up and what are the method for quit smoking as my younger brother smoke very much around 5 to 6 in a day what should I do now?
My left knee is paining. I had a fall frm bike 1.5 years back. Now it pains wen m either sitting on ground or on chair. Wen I straighten it makes take sound. It used to pain alot especially in the evenings. Den I started wid vitamin d3 tablets and its considerably fine. Bt still pains.
Hello doctor. I am 25 years old boy. I am getting sharp pains just below my armpit after smoking. I have even got an x-ray after consulting doctor he said that everything is normal after seeing the x-ray, my blood reports wer also normal. Its been 8 months after consultation, still I feel the pain below the right armpit and the pain is more after smoking.
I have two days to suffering from fever and also leg pains then what could I do sir? Please help me.
I am 62 year female. I am having back ache for 4 months. MRi result shows bulging in lower disc. L3 L 4.
I have restricted movement in my right shoulder for last 2 months. There is regular pain, sometimes twitching pain is unbearable. I got 10 days neck traction and EFT. But it could not improve. Doing Exercise, but still the same. What to do next ?
I'm 21, 3 days before while I'm diving into swimming pool. I fell down. My spinal cord (one bone got crack and another bone got compressed) I have consulate a got. They said to wear a Taylor brace belt. Actually I'm wearing it. But they didn't gave a tablets. Its paining a lot. I don't know what to do.
Right now am 22 years of age. 2 years back I had a ligament injury in my left knee while playing football. I have stopped putting any kind of pressure on the knee after that as I fell pains of sliding ligaments in case of sudden jerks. But feel no pain in normal walking. How can I treat that at a minimum cost?
I had ankle sprain but I didn't get better treatment, now I feel painful while I play can someone prescribe me any medicines.
Any mild fracture in the hip can give a tough time to people. A hipbone fracture or broken hip is mostly common in the elderly people, especially in women. Mostly, the reason is underlying thinning of bones. In addition, in any hospital hip fracture is considered to be the most common bone treatment in the orthopaedic department.
A hipbone fracture can be intracapsular (within the joint capsule), or it can be extracapsular (outside the joint capsule).
What causes the hipbone fracture?
As discussed before, the leading cause of hipbone fracture is thinning of bones. So if you develop osteoporosis, you end up getting a fracture in your hip, mostly when you fall. Osteoporosis generally means your bone density has decreased, and your bones have become honeycombed. This makes the bone more fragile.
Generally, if you have a fracture in your hip, then you will feel pain around the injured portion, you will face difficulty in walking or moving. These are the most common symptoms that can be felt during a broken hip. Mostly the intensity of the fracture is determined clinically via different tests like X-ray, MRI, CT scan etc. The treatment may vary and depends upon the intensity of the injury. Now if we talk about the treatment of hipbone fracture, it's mostly surgery.
Well, it will be smart enough to take prevention regarding the hipbone fracture. There are various kinds of guidelines, which can help elders to prevent a hipbone fracture.
How to prevent hipbone fracture?
- First and foremost, it is advised to adopt a healthy lifestyle in young age in order to build a healthy bone, which decreases the chance of bone fractures in older age.
- Always remember to maintain a healthy bone.
- Calcium and vitamin D both are very important for healthy bones. Health experts advise, when you attain the age of 50 or above, you should daily intake 1,200 milligrams of calcium per day and 600 international units of vitamin D per day.
- Exercise can help you to maintain peak bone density for longer periods, and it also increases the strength of your body and bones. Balance training also plays a pivotal role since it reduces the chance of falling.
- Avoid consuming of tobacco and alcohols as it can reduce bone density.
- Get your eyes checked every year so that you do not face any problem while seeing. This is because poor view increases the chance of falling.
- Keep an eye on every medicine you are taking. As dizziness or weakness can be side effects of many medicines, these can lead you to fall often. So it is advised to discuss your medication with doctors.
- As you get older, the chance of high or low blood pressure doubles up. So you should be extra careful while standing up.
If you don't feel steady enough, then to avoid falling, it is safe to use a walker or walking stick in the old age.