Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh V.RangYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from these symptoms: breathing problem, burning sensation after having food, headache.
I am 40 years old male (weight - 72kgs) and staying in UAE for last two years. Now a days (from the last four months) I am having little fever, eyes are burning, Very mild headache and breathing trouble in the night after laid on the bed (Until get sleep). Feel too cold my foots and hands day and night, also having mild stomach burn. In the last four months I didn't take any medicine for this problem. These issues are continuing for one week are 10 days once started and again it will start for after one week or ten days. Due to this I am not getting any trouble in my routing works. My works are going as usual. My medical reports are normal except Cholesterol (just crossing the normal borderline) which I undergone for before six months back. My mind is little disturbed due to this problem, like these symptoms are creating any other major trouble in my health? Kindly advise.
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Myself Pravin patel from Ahmedabad and I am vegetarian. I am suffering from colf and dry cough when season changes. Also my stamina and digestion also weak. So what can I do? Please suggest me diet.
Hi sir, my father diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, now it's metastatic , due you treat it?Please tell.
I suffer from Sinusitis for the last 25 years. Even a test also indicated that it is positive. Please advise what drugs should be taken by me?
Am going dry cough often. Whn I cough my stomach get tight! Why n wht is d reason doctor? And what is d procedure to stop that?
Nowadays I am not able to sleep in the night properly, I feel suffocated and I am not able to breathe properly, is there any remedies for this?
Hello I have too much cough and cold when I eat fruits. But I am pregnant so can you suggest me fruits is necessary to eat daily during pregnancy.
Dear doctor, since 4 years I have suffer from cough and cold. I have used lot of allopathi, ayurveda medication. But no use. And also in winter season little bit asthma problem. Please give suggestion for medication.
Radiotherapy is a kind of treatment that kills the cancer cells by using high energy beams. Specialists use radiotherapy to treat a wide range of lung cancer. For early stage lung cancer, the radiotherapy may get rid of the cancer totally. For the small cell lung cancer you may have radiotherapy only. Then again you may have it with another treatment, for example, chemotherapy or surgery.
For small cell lung cancer, radiotherapy is used with or after chemotherapy. Chemotherapy makes the tumor in the lung shrink. You may have radiotherapy to your cerebrum, which tackles any cancer cells that may have spread to the brain. This is called prophylactic cranial illumination (PCI). In case of advanced lung cancer, the treatment contracts the tumor and controls it for a while. It additionally decreases symptoms like shortness of breath.
The types of radiotherapy used for the lungs include:
Outer radiotherapy: This kind of radiotherapy comes from a machine and is administered to the body through an external source. It depends on the kind of cancer and the progression of the same. You may have three radiotherapy sittings every day for around 12 days. This sort of radiotherapy is known as CHART ceaseless hyperfractionated quickened radiotherapy. A few people with small cell lung cancer may have treatment twice a day. If you are getting radiotherapy to control the side effects of lung cancer, you may have a single treatment or day by day medications for up to 3 weeks.
Inner radiotherapy: This is called brachytherapy or endobronchial treatment. This will be administered during a bronchoscopy. The radiation is given through a thin tube that the specialist puts inside your aviation route for a few of minutes. Specialists use this sort of treatment to shrink a tumor that is blocking or pushing your breathing track and making breathing troublesome for you.
These are some of the procedures that take place while you are having lung cancer radiotherapy:
- Radiotherapy machines are enormous. The machines are fixed in one position or are sometimes ready to go around your body to give treatment from various angles.
- Prior to your first treatment, your radiographers will clarify what you will hear and see. The treatment room normally have docks for you to connect to music players. So you can listen to your own choice of music.
- You cannot feel radiotherapy when you really have the treatment. It takes anything from one second to a few minutes. It is essential to lie similarly situated every time, so the radiographers may take a short time to get you prepared.
- Once you are in the right position, the staff will allow you to sit in the space for a couple of minutes. They watch you constantly on a closed circuit TV screen. They may request that you hold your breath or take shallow breaths during the treatment.