Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh G. HemrajaniYour feedback matters!
Last month my mother had eye operation for cataract during operation dr shaw bleeding from eye but somehow visited to retina specialist he did something with the laser machine to stop bleeding and it has been stopped I wanted to know in this kind of case what is the possibility of vision as she is able to see but, not that much clear vision which i believe gradually may possible. Waiting for your reply. Thanks
I am 74. I have been advised cataract operation in both eyes (one by one). Dr. Says to implant lens lenses due to cylinder in my eyes. This lenses is one and a half times costlier than normal lenses. Kindly advise as to what are special features/necessity of a torric lenses. Thanks for quick reply please.
Eye allergies or allergic conjunctivitis involves the inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are common during summer. Homeopathy is an ideal way to cure eye allergies without any side effects.
Here are some homeopathic medicines, which treat eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for eye allergies characterized by burning and stinging in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes; the eyelids swell and become puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an ideal medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin it comes in contact with, and there is burning pain in the eyes. The eyes stay watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: It is an ideal homeopathic remedy in case of eye allergies with prulent discharge. The patient develops photophobia and splinter like pain is felt in the eyes. The conjunctiva swells and the discharge is abundant.
- Ruta: This is a great homeopathic medicine to cure eye allergies where there is a sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels as if a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and quite painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an ideal homeopathic medicine when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes along with itching and burning. The eyelids feel like they have been agglutinated.
In case of eye allergies accompanied by itching or burning sensation, you can apply natural home-based eye remedies as well. They are:
- Applying a cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area will give you relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently. Use chamomile tea bags as a cold compress.
- Use cucumber: Put slices of cucumber over the affected area in the eyes to get relief from eye allergies. Cucumbers possess anti-irritation properties and reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is an effective remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and the eyes become clear. You can use rose water as an eye drop or wash your eyes with it.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and provides relief to eye allergies. It accounts for soothing the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people most during the summer. They reoccur every year and give you a bad time. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are among the best remedies.
I am student I want to put on my weight how to I do. I am very weak I have itching problem also in cold and summer in whole body. Under the eye I have dark circle. In my chin some small moles or pore or fungal type infection are continuously are grow. I am very weak. So am not focused on studies.
Bloodshot eyes indicate the reddening of the eye vessels. They can cause irritation and make the eye swollen. The condition may arise due to allergies, eye infections, allergies, fatigue and other illness of the eye. It does not signify a disease but indicates an eye condition which might have caused the eye to redden. Bloodshot eyes can be encountered in one or both the eyes.
Causes of Bloodshot Eyes:
One of the frequent causes of bloodshot eyes is irritants such as dry air, pollen, pet dander, dust and UV rays of the sun. Shortage of sleep also tends to make the eyes red. Inflammations of the eye can also make them red giving a bloodshot appearance. It can even happen with people who wear contact lens for more than 16 hours without soaking it in the disinfectant. At times excessive dryness can make the eyes red. Some other reasons for the eye to become red include conjunctivitis, blepharitis, glaucoma and corneal ulcer. Another concerning reason of bloodshot eyes is a subconjunctival haemorrhage. While the latter is not dangerous in nature, it can cause significant trouble if proper care is not taken on time.
Symptoms of Red Eyes:
Some of the common signs of bloodshot eyes include watery eyes, foreign sensation, burning feeling, dermatitis, falling of eye lashes, light sensitivity, swollen eyelid, itching of the eye and feeling of irritation of the eye.
The Complications Involved:
In most of the cases, bloodshot eyes do not imply serious complications. In case it happens from conjunctivitis, a person may not be able to go to work, wear cosmetics and come in public places since it is a communicable disease. If bloodshot eyes arise from a serious condition such as glaucoma and trauma, some of the possible complications may involve the following:
Vision loss due to complete blindness
Spreading of the existing condition to other persons
Eye loss in severe cases
Bloodshot eyes might arise from an array of reasons. While it cannot be totally dodged, some general preventive measures can ensure that such a condition does not arise:
Keeping hands clean by thoroughly washing them with liquid soap
Not sharing personal belongings such as washcloths, linen, and cosmetics
Get immediate medical attention in case of any eye injuries
Stay away from an environment that is full of allergens
Staying away from people who are suffering from infectious eye diseases such as conjunctivitis
Taking a shower immediately after getting in touch with an infected person suffering from conjunctivitis
Wearing eye glasses in a dusty environment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.