Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh BhatYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, from 25 september I am feeling many problems about stomach. September end october start: did sonography - result inflammation of ascending and descending colon. Medication- for one month. November: no improvement was shown. Did gastroscopy- result - gerd medication - for one and half month. No improvement. Even symptoms of gerd was not there. December middle and end: weight was continuously loosing and allopathy not showing effect, 29-31dec period was worst so much weakness not able to walk, anxiety disorder and panic attack and hormonal imbalance occurs. It continues for two months around and still bit there. (mean while many blood, urine tests were done) january: started homeopathy treatment for one and half month - result was little bit shown. 3rd feb - ayurvedic started with allopathy saline 7days dns and magnexforte iv injected. Followed by ayurvedic medicine and stool routine analysis, stool culture, ct scan and colonoscopy. Told to me bacterial infection and in stool culture amikacin was susceptible. So taken amikacin 12 injections. Alongwith ayurvedic medicine. Ayurvedic medicines till going on. Alongwith panic attacks, anxiety disorder, hormonal imbalance. Solopose plus 0.5mg and serta 25mg going on with ayurvedic tablets. Dr. Please do the needful, social life disturbed so much. Wanted improvement health wise. If chronic indigestion leads to functional disorder panic attacks, anxiety, depression, hormonal imbalance, how it can be recovered. Right now homeopathy treatment going on.
I have a problem regarding digestive system. I have constipation that not getting properly clear the stomach. Please solve my problem. I have also skin fungal infection.
I always get sleep during day time even I sleepwell at night all my friends make fun of me wat would be the reason many times I get sleep during day time some time I feel too tired.
I have serious cataarh. I took septran, the running nose stopped, but I began coughing and having dry cataarh. What do I take?
SIR/MADAM, I am suffering antral gastritis for 3 month. Symptom is sometime pain in stomach when I am in unrest position or working position. Doctor prescribe sucralfate, pantoprazole etc based on endoscopy, but till now I am not cure, please give suggestion.
I am male 26 year of age unmarried I have itching problem inside my penis an while doing toilet I feel burning sensation please help me ho to get cure from this problem suggest me to cure this problem.
Hi I seem to have stomach problem I don't feel like eating and if I eat properly I get loose motion.
I am suffering from erectile dysfunction since 1 year. I am 30 years old and I don't have any bad habits like smoking or drinking. I am getting harder and before intercourse it gets loosened. Kindly suggest remedy.
I'm 20years old and my penis size is little small. Can you give me some information to make it growth a little long?
She is having serious pain in her stomach for some days and due to this she also suffer from headache and vomited 6-7 times a day. What should I do.?
I'm a 17 year old girl and I suffer from frequent mild headaches that stays for long. I feel giddy everyday when I lie down or sit down for a while and suddenly get up to some to go somewhere. I've been said that i've got migraine and I wear spectacles. What should I do?
I am diabatic since feb 2016. Now taking insulin from last two year. I am facing knee pain and joint pain from last 9 - 10 months. Please advice me for better treatment.
When someone intends to describe 'intercourse', the adjective painful is not the first thing to spring up in your mind. But more often than not, you or your partner might be suffering from a painful experience under the sheets that further complicates your relationship.
But to paraphrase, it doesn't have to be like this. If you are encountering pain on a regular basis, it is best to talk to your partner and to a doctor to get rid of the problems.
Below is a list of 6 reasons that could be responsible for a painful intercourse:
- Lack of sufficient lubrication: When the female member is turned on because of foreplay, there is an adequate amount of white mucous discharge in the vagina which works as a natural lubricant and makes penetration easy and comfortable. A lack of sufficient foreplay or a side effect of usage of medications for allergies and antidepressants might make your vagina dry which can cause pain. Also, intercourse before your menstrual period can also facilitate the painful experience. This condition can be checked upon by usage of lubricants which will sufficiently moisturize the vagina.
- Inflammation of the bladder region can also cause pain during sex: It is recommended to urinate after sex in order to drain away the bacteria that might have entered your body during intercourse.
- Infection: Infection in the vagina, which can be denoted by the change of color in the vaginal discharge can be a reason for the pain. Also itching in the vagina (vaginitis) in case of women or infection to certain contraceptives for men can also give rise to pain.
- Inflammation of prostate gland: For males, severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation might be a result of prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) and should be immediately diagnosed.
- Medical Conditions: If the pain during intercourse affects your whole body, then there is a possibility that the pain is a reason for some underlying serious medical condition like problems in the uterus, irritable bowel syndrome or ovarian cysts.
- Hormonal Imbalance: If you are pregnant or you have given birth just a few months back, you might feel pain during intercourse as changes in hormones during pregnancy might cause your vagina to dry up.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators