Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh BehrabanYour feedback matters!
Dandruff is not a major health concern but it can affect your self-confidence and self-image. This condition is most often the result of a dry scalp or type of dermatitis. It could also be caused by a yeast infection or eczema. Common forms of treatment for dandruff include medicated shampoos that fight the fungus or slow down the ageing of skin cells on the scalp. Some ways of treating excessive dandruff are:
Neem- Neem is renowned for its anti-fungal properties that help in the treatment of dandruff. It is also well known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Neem can be used on its own by applying a paste of boiled neem leaves on your scalp or used as a hair mask made of dried and crushed neem leaves and olive oil. Your scalp may itch a little on the application of this paste but this is temporary.
Coconut and Honey Scrub- Coconut helps preserve proteins in the hair and lessens dandruff. Honey is also used to treat dandruff as it has well known anti-microbial properties. To benefit from this, apply and massage a mixture of 2 teaspoons of honey or coconut oil and 3 teaspoons of yogurt to your scalp for about 10 minutes before washing your hair. Wait for about half an hour before rinsing it out. Dry with a towel and massage a few drops of coconut oil into the scalp. However, do not rinse your hair more than twice with shampoo while washing off the paste as it can strip your hair of its moisture.
Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar- Bananas are a good source of vitamin B that helps improve circulation and keeps skin healthy. Apple cider is also a known fungicide that helps treat dandruff. If you suffer from acute dandruff, massage a paste of 1 whole banana and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar into your scalp and leave for 20 minutes on a daily basis for a week. Once dandruff reduces, you can apply the paste once a week.
Yogurt- Yogurt is rich in healthy bacteria that helps reduce yeast in the body and prevents the scaling of dead skin cells. To use yogurt as a form of treatment for dandruff, apply a cup of fresh yogurt to the scalp and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off. You could also add two spoons of freshly ground pepper to the yogurt as pepper also has antifungal properties. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Kurnools famous doctor his name is. Kailash he is running the hospital named CLEAR SKIN. At their am taken the treatment. By the better. I can able to come out from home. Since my pimples aren't leaving me. What shud I do. Sir. Pls help me.
I am 20 years old. My hairs are becoming thin and continuously falling from the front. Please suggest what should I do.
Lybrate | Dr. Dhruva kumar BR speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
In my fingers externally on the skin some infections have developed, black colored and gradually the skin becomes dry. suggest me some medicines.
I suddenly started getting itching problem and I do not know why. Even my head is become itchy. Though I keep myself very clean.
I am losing my hair quickly, many shampoo I trying. But no effects, please help me some suggestions.
Which is mild face wash send me full name of face wash for oily skin men and which facial kit for good for men I have pimple and spot on my face send me name of facial kit.
Acne and black dots on my face. Pimples are coming and going away. When a pimple comes there is always a white colour pus in it. I will remove that then blood comes and I wash with water. After few days it leaves a mark. In that way I have some marks on my faces which makes me unhappy. Can I remove those small marks and get a fair skin.
Iam 18 years old iam not sleeping perfectly because of tensions and my hair fall is increasing and my face is glowing off.
My questions is How to remove the pimples on the face please give me the good treatment and cream medicines Please. Solve my problem.
I get a lot of pimples on my face. At a time around four to five pimples would appear and this happens weekly. Please provide some solution.
Sir my friend has dark spots on his face he is very much disturbed by that. How can he remove those or make them less kindly help him.
I have warts on my hand and there is a new wart on my head also. What are the effective medicine for warts?
I am an 18 year old girl, 1 day back I watched a video in which it showed that mixing baking soda with toothpaste can help remove blackheads, and the mixture had to be rubbed with a toothbrush over the area. I know this was very stupid of me to try it. After I was done rubbing it with the brush on my forehead I saw a little blood coming out and the area was terribly red and I could see my pores all open. I applied vaseline, neosporin over the night. But isn't working, the burn seems worse now. A yellow kinda layer is formed over it. Please help, I have to attend a marriage tomorrow, how can I treat it fast as possible? Thank you!
[ tinea versicolor ] I have got these white dots around my neck and with a bit of googling. I got to know its tinea versicolor. People say that it's because I eat combinations like curd and fish. Is that true? how can I get rid of these spots? thanks!
Due to heavy pollution and water change my face has become dull and pimples all over the face. Can you please suggest me what to do and how can I get rid of this pimples.
What should I do to clear acnes and acne marks on my face. And y acne appears. Due to wat reason it appears can you suggest me to get rid off it.
Pimples are the most common type of skin issue and almost each one one of us are affected by them. Though these pimples often go away themselves, but when the situation aggravates it is always best to get it check from a doctor. Homeopathic is branch of medicine which offers cure for such type of cases with zero side effects. Homeopathic remedies to get rid of pimples.
- Psorinum: It is considered to be the best homeopathic drug for acne. Acne indurata, acne simplex and acne pustular are all treatable with Psorinum. In oily skin with over worked sebaceous glands, the skin is left greasy, making it more prone to acne. Psorinum can help reduce secretion of oil and in effect, treat the underlying cause of a pimple outbreak. It is also used in treating acne that gets worse with consuming chocolates, meats, sweets and fat. Itchy winter acne may be treated with this as well.
- Calcarea Sulphurica and Hepar Sulph: Calcarea Sulphurica and Hepar Sulph are homeopathic remedies that are very effective for treating pustular acne. Pustular acne means pus filled acne. Often, there is blood staining the pus. Hepar Sulph is effective if the pimples ooze out pus or blood mixed with pus. These pimples may be extremely painful. It is especially useful to treat pimples in teenagers.
- Kali Bromatum: Kali Bromatum is a wonder medicine that treats chest, shoulders and facial acne. It is generally marked by a persistent itch. The acne might be indurated, pustular or simplex. The scar forming acne is also generally treated with Kali Bromatum. Purple tinged acne is best treated with Kali Bromatum.
- Natrum Mur and Antimonium Crudum: They are very effective in the treatment of facial acne, especially those affecting the cheeks. Cheeks which turn hot due to acne are best treated with Antimonium Crudum. It may be pustular or papular in nature. Another complaint in such cases is a burning sensation. Natrum Mur is a homeopathic medicine that shows maximum efficacy in case of itchy pimples on cheeks. Anemic girls are also benefitted by Natrum Mur.
- Sulfur: It is used in extremely itchy acne. People with unhealthy looking and dirty skin are benefitted from the use of this homeopathic wonder drug. The itch generally gets much worse at night or with the application of warmth. For acne that hasn’t responded to previously applied topical medicines and ointments, sulfur has shown marked improvement and has even obliterated all signs of acne.
- Silicea: Acne affecting the forehead heals fast with the application of silicea. Even pustular acne has shown drastic healing with this homeopathic medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.